Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Locked Up for Drinking an Arizona Iced Tea - Video

Dan T.

The cop is completely out of line, power hungry. Ridiculous. You cant say he is traspessing unless the owners of the property say they dont want him there. This cop apparently believes he has all the power and can make up whatever he wants. Sickening. If course nothing will happen to the cop. Unbelievable.

If you don't do exactly what a police officer tells you, and quickly, you are guilty of something. What? They'll think of something. :ols:

When exactly did we as a people agree that cops were allowed to order us around without cause and that a lack of obedience constituted a crime? We must have been hungover that day.

This racist needs to be fired. Scary that he has 1) power from the shield 2) a firearm.

Unreal SMH.

Interesting you jump to racist immediately. Power hungry? Yes. A dick? Yes. Stupid? Yes. All supported by video evidence. Racist? Maybe, but not supported by the video.

Interesting you jump to racist immediately. Power hungry? Yes. A dick? Yes. Stupid? Yes. All supported by video evidence. Racist? Maybe, but not supported by the video.

Well, it happened in Fayetteville NC. I won't go so far as to assume racism, but if i were a betting man (and I am), i would bet a large amount on racism being a big contributing factor.

Well, it happened in Fayetteville NC. I won't go so far as to assume racism, but if i were a betting man (and I am), i would bet a large amount on racism being a big contributing factor.
You mean the city that is home to Ft Bragg (Fayettenom)? One of the largest Army posts? Why would racism play a big factor in Fayetteville, NC?

If you don't do exactly what a police officer tells you, and quickly, you are guilty of something. What? They'll think of something. :ols:

When exactly did we as a people agree that cops were allowed to order us around without cause and that a lack of obedience constituted a crime? We must have been hungover that day.

We allow it to happen because too many people are ignorant of the law and the officers get away with this type of stuff. More people need to be educated of what the law is and powers a police officer actually has. Part of the problem is also that a lot of the police officers do not know the law. Kind of like this guy that was spouting that the guy filming was interferring with his investigation. They just try to scare people away by spewing stuff like that and it works.

You mean the city that is home to Ft Bragg (Fayettenom)? One of the largest Army posts? Why would racism play a big factor in Fayetteville, NC?

Ever been to Fayetteville? Ever been to Richmond? Its like that.

Edit: Rereading your post, I am honestly not sure if you are asking a rhetorical question or sarcastically implying that the Army has a lot of racists. Ive never been in the military, I seriously have no idea.

He didn't identify himself did he? I didn't see a badge. And it's not like the dude didn't cooperate, showed him the can. And he never said he smelled alcohol either.

It's cops like those that give the good ones bad reputations. All he had to do was go over there and see what was going on if he was concerned. He took it to an unnecessary level.

I once met a buddy after work at a 7/11. We bought Arizona Iced Teas and sat in the parking lot. 5 minutes after we got in the car, a cop pulls up and asks if we are trying to sober up or if we had alcohol in the Teas. It was around 9pm.

I said, "Nah, I just got off work and met my friend here. We're just talking for a few minutes."

The cop replied, "Well, the owner of this store said you have been here for a few hours and if you are trying to sober up, I'm gonna pull you over as soon as you leave this parking lot."

I said, "That's fine, you can do whatever you want but I'm very, very sober right now."

The cop walked away and I left a little bit after that. Nothing came of it but Arizona Iced Teas must be sketchy to cops.

And BTW, I'm a blonde-haired white kid, probably wearing a polo that night

I once met a buddy after work at a 7/11. We bought Arizona Iced Teas and sat in the parking lot. 5 minutes after we got in the car, a cop pulls up and asks if we are trying to sober up or if we had alcohol in the Teas. It was around 9pm.

I said, "Nah, I just got off work and met my friend here. We're just talking for a few minutes."

The cop replied, "Well, the owner of this store said you have been here for a few hours and if you are trying to sober up, I'm gonna pull you over as soon as you leave this parking lot."

I said, "That's fine, you can do whatever you want but I'm very, very sober right now."

The cop walked away and I left a little bit after that. Nothing came of it but Arizona Iced Teas must be sketchy to cops.

And BTW, I'm a blonde-haired white kid, probably wearing a polo that night

And you weren't pulled out of the car and cuffed...

Wait, what?

Maybe since you live there, you have a totally different viewpoint. I've been to Richmond 6 times, and I found it to be, lets just say I felt some racial friction each time. That is totally anecdotal, if you don't see it, I won't argue with you and i don't want to hijack the thread.

You REALLY think there wasn't any bias of the officer due to the man's race? Get real.

Archived