Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

9 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Affirmative. 

but it’s not a swingers show. You know, just like TWD isn’t a zombie show. 

what’s everyone’s thought on Dead to Me season 2? Season 1 I liked, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do the next season. 

S2 Dead to Me was really good. Not sure if S3 gets made now with Christina Applegates health problems (diagnosed with MS).. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 2 weeks later...

This True Story show on Netflix.  First episode, kinda interesting.  Kevin Hart, Wesley Snipes (both are good, Snipes is fantastic).

Though I'm not sure if I really care about the storyline for starters.   Basically, Kevin Hart is playing a famous standup comic (not a departure, I'm aware), goes home with a girl, wakes up, she's dead.  Panic ensues with what Snipes (his brother) and Hart decide to cover up what happened.  **** goes sideways real fast.  Hart puts Snipes in charge of figuring out the cleanup, but Snipes is kind of a ****up.  

The whole "waking up to a dead girl in the bed" storyline is played out and unoriginal, but I've got a feeling the story is going to go deeper than this.

Hart is getting stronger and stronger in the first episode.  There's some funny stuff in the first few minutes but he's got some serious drama chops.  Also, Billy Zane is a great creepy/bad guy.  

WHOA WHOA WHOA **** just got really real and now I'm hooked, what the ****.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Affirmative. 

but it’s not a swingers show. You know, just like TWD isn’t a zombie show. 

what’s everyone’s thought on Dead to Me season 2? Season 1 I liked, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do the next season. 

Finished Season 3 last night. For the first couple episodes I was wondering if I was "You'd out." Sometimes even a good show can get old, especially in the age of the binge. It picked up quickly and I was riveted.

The "other" couple was fantastic. They both annoyed me early in the season (I know- they were supposed to) but great character arc/growth for both of them. I wish a certain big character wasn't killed off because I am such a fan. There's another season in the works.

Foundation was interesting, but it felt like they were trying to jam 2 different genres together without making it gel. One side is that there is no magic and no mysticism, only science, and only science can save us. Then in the middle of the episode, it does a heel-turn on 'science will guide us through the future' by having all scientists become inexplicably stupid and needing someone who's just "special" to fix everything.

It felt like half the story was distinctly science fiction, the other half was distinctly fantasy, and I didn't feel like they did a good job of weaving them together.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA **** just got really real and now I'm hooked, what the ****.

I binge watched it last week. Just wait for Theo Rossi (Juice from Sons of Anarchy) to show up... :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Foundation.  They could have called it whatever they wanted for all it had to do with the books.  But it's good in an Expanse kinda way .

im enjoying the first season as it’s own story, but I also get annoyed when studios greatly change the classic books.  They’re classics for a reason.  I don’t particularly care about the gender swaps, but adding so much violence… why?  Foundation is largely a story of violence being altogether avoided by political maneuvering and planning.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

im enjoying the first season as it’s own story, but I also get annoyed when studios greatly change the classic books.  They’re classics for a reason.  I don’t particularly care about the gender swaps, but adding so much violence… why?  Foundation is largely a story of violence being altogether avoided by political maneuvering and planning.  

The feel of hope and, well, good will that permeated the books is not there and was swapped for gritty action.  That stuck out to me too. 

I think they missed an opportunity there.  Dark and gritty as things are in reality, I predict a comeback for feel good stories.  Ted Lasso is the bell weather.  I know I would like more.

• Like 1

Yall arent going to believe this...

I've been binge watching...*looks left and right...

Seinfeld. On Netflix. 

I'm on season 3, this is really happening, I rarely binge watch anything, but I'm rollin right now.   Do I need help?  Should I go to a doctor or something?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Seinfeld. On Netflix. 

I'm on season 3, this is really happening, I rarely binge watch anything, but I'm rollin right now.   Do I need help?  Should I go to a doctor or something?

Simmer down there. I have been watching too. It's all good. :)

Can't believe that show came out one year after I graduated from high school...I won't make you look it up. It was in 1989...lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Seinfeld. On Netflix. 

Count me in on this.  I just finished Season 3.  2 or 3 episodes at a time.  I am annoyed my wife doesn't appreciate the genius of this show.  

If Seinfeld was set in modern times:

[Seinfeld's Appt, Jerry flipping through channels with George]

"Remember when we had 50 channels and I couldn't find anything to watch.  Now I have 5 million shows at my fingertips... and I still can't find something to watch."

"How about that Kevin Hart movie?"

"No zombies... half the shows have Zombies."

"What about a cooking show?"

"They start out interesting, but do you ever cook what they are cooking?  And those competitions... I don't believe those judges.  Do you remember Gina?  She was on one and said the other contestants paid off the judges."

"No kidding... could be worth it for the prize money.  Jeopardy! ?"

"What am I 70?  and those episodes are 10 years old... look at how sweet those people are.  In 3 years half the audience will lose their money due the ecoony and not shortly thereafter there's a pandemic"

[Intercom Buzzer...]

"Who is it?"

"Elaine" 

[Jerry hands the remote to George and  buzzes her in.  George picks up the remote.]

"Look Jerry, I found something... the Three Stooges.."

[3 stooges theme plays...]

(Jerry) "It's a Shemp episode... we can't watch this"

"What's wrong with Shemp... I like Shemp."

"Lousy cheapskate Netflix, can't even license Larry, Moe and Curly episode of the Stooges."

[Elaine walks in, slowly, not happy]

"Elaine!  How was the date?"

"Well, it started out nice, we went to Felipe's Grotto on 135th"

"Okay, not bad... they have fantastic veal..."

"And then we watched the reboot of Prognosis Negative"

George: Prognosis negative... 

"Okay, dinner, movie... what could be so bad?"

"Well... it was cold, we met after work, I took the train there and I asked him to take me home."

"Ok, drives to your place... so... what happened."

"Never made it to my place."

"What? Why not?"

"Well, we get to his car... we are halfway there.  And then he gets an alert." 

"An alert..."

"He's an Uber driver."

"Uber driver."

"Gig economy Jerry..."

"So what did he do?"

"He apologized... but he said it was an airport run, he makes good money on those..."

"Did you go with him?"

"No... "

"No?"

"No?!" (George)

"No! He ditched me Jerry."

"So how did you get home?"

"I ordered my own Uber..."

[Audience laughs... Kramer comes in...]

Before I got side-tracked by Seinfeld, I wanted to pop in and say if you have never watched "Survivor", you should try watching. Season 41 has been fantastic, and it is wonderful watching the players compete hard to win (there is 1 player in this cast that notably seems to be playing for third place).  

My family got into it 3 years ago and I have probably gone back and watched about 6 previous seasons. 

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Seinfeld. On Netflix. 

You’re a Seinfeld fan. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

it’s one of my all time faves. It’s a great show. Have you gotten to The Limo in season 3 yet? lol

The Last Kingdom.

Currently a few episodes into season 3. 5 seasons total I believe. 8 shows per season…. 1-hour episodes. They cram a lot in that hour.

Uhtred is no Ragnar… at least for my wife 😂 Very similar to Vikings. 

It’s not a must-see…. but it’s good enough to be in the que.

Edited by Die Hard

On 12/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, TK said:

Money Heist & Lost In Space are now both back on Netflix

I was eagerly anticipating both!... But when I started MH S3 Ep1, I realized right away that I was "Heisted out." Too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.

Lost in Space is well-produced, well-performed, and visually cool. Why do I bail half way through every season? I can't even give myself an answer there. It's just not... good? I don't know.

I did go back and try again on Season 3 of "You" and i'm glad I gave it another try. For some reason that one keeps me coming back.