Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you were fan of the long running political talk group- The McLaughlin Group; it has been revived.  It ended after it's namesake John McLaughlin died in 2016 but they decided to bring it back. 

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mclaughlin-group/n9987?snl=1

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix.  They're kinda old but they're still fun.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

My sister has been binge watching "JAG" this weekend.  I ending up sitting with her, watching alot of Season 2 and Season 3.  It ran for 10 seasons from 1995-2005 and spawned NCIS.   I never watched it when it was on.  It's very good, had me hooked. Will watch the entire series at some point. 

Catherine Bell alone makes it worth it.  Solid show, too.  :) 

Did anyone watch the preimere of Showtime's "The Chi" last night?  Have it DVR'd, didn't watch yet.  I read it got mixed reviews.  Some are painting it as The Wire 2.0, but I'm not buying jazz.  Not yet, anyway. 

Just finished Netflix's "Dark."  Holy ****, is it dark.  I liked it a lot. 

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you were fan of the long running political talk group- The McLaughlin Group; it has been revived.  It ended after it's namesake John McLaughlin died in 2016 but they decided to bring it back. 

Too bad Tony Blankley has also passed away - he was the one truly brilliant and insightful panelist on that show.

On 1/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Saw the on demand first episode of Counterpart. Although it has a sci-fi kind of premise to it, it's really a spy drama. So far, so good.

I have binged thru episode 8...Will finish it this weekend. :)

I have 2 episodes left of Travelers Season 2 to go. Loving this season.

But I had to say this...imo, episode 7 of season 2, called "17 minutes", is probably the best sci-fi episode I have seen on any show in a few years.

Now to find Counterpart to watch after this. I have Starz but I didn't notice it starting.

Also set the DVR finally for The Alienist and Black Lightning (<- not much hope for that one but the Nerdist loves it and  I watch all the other CW superhero shows so why not).

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 12/26/2017 at 1:52 AM, visionary said:

Just finished Godless.  What an amazing, beautiful show.  I loved it so much. 

A few spoilers from the last episode though:

Reveal hidden contents

Two things made me sad/bothered me.  1. Whitey's abrupt death.   2. Bill and Alice ending up together and Roy leaving by himself. 

Hmmm. I  kind of wanted a bit more from the Buffalo soldiers too.   That seemed a little too one-sided.  Oh well. 

I still thought it was a great show.  One of the best, most beautiful Westerns I can recall watching.

I just finished this too.   And i agree it was wonderful.   

I agree the final episode wasn't the high point... it just seemed kinda rushed (maybe?) , and lazy (definitely), after the great buildup.

i hated how the buffalo soldiers were just mowed down so easily on their own turf, and then ... there was zero strategy/buildup/tension to the long drawn out gunfight.  the bad guys just stupidly stood in front of a bunch of people shooting at them, and then then the two super-shooters came back and mowed everyone else down like suddenly they were all Barney Fyfe 

I'd still easily give it  4 out of 4 stars for TV shows.     

Edited by mcsluggo

On 1/8/2018 at 10:13 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Also set the DVR finally for The Alienist 

Cautiously optimistic for this one. I liked the book, and its a great premise for a show, but I can't say i inherently trust TNT to produce a quality show, especially within this genre. 

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Altered Carbon is premiering on Netflix Feb 2. 

Based on the Richard K Morgan series...looks very promising.

The books were interesting.  It's set at a time when the human sense of self is untethered to physical bodies because tech implants allow a disturbing form of immortality via body swapping.  Wierd visions of the future are what make science fiction fun.  

I had no idea they were making a show.  

Phillip K Dick's Electric Dreams: Season 1 is currently streaming on Amazon Prime. Another potential good Sci-Fi Anthology series. Reviews seem to indicate the episode quality is hit or miss, with some really good ones mixed with ok. Like any anthology series. Going to check it out tonight.

Comedians In Cars Drinking Coffee - on Netflix. A silly yet enjoyable little collection that I just found last evening. Episodes are only like 13 minutes or so. Basically each episode is Jerry Seinfeld picking up a different well-known comedian in some sort of classic car, and they then head somewhere for breakfast and coffee. All the while chatting, cracking jokes, and basically just catching up. Fun times

• Like 3

On 1/8/2018 at 8:22 AM, Chew said:

Did anyone watch the preimere of Showtime's "The Chi" last night?  Have it DVR'd, didn't watch yet.  I read it got mixed reviews.  Some are painting it as The Wire 2.0, but I'm not buying jazz.  Not yet, anyway. 

I think The Chi has potential. I don't know about The Wire 2.0, but it has the feel of likable characters that will leave us to soon, with circles of endless revenge.

49 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Comedians In Cars Drinking Coffee - on Netflix. A silly yet enjoyable little collection that I just found last evening. Episodes are only like 13 minutes or so. Basically each episode is Jerry Seinfeld picking up a different well-known comedian in some sort of classic car, and they then head somewhere for breakfast and coffee. All the while chatting, cracking jokes, and basically just catching up. Fun times

The President Obama was one of my favorites and Christoff Waltz at Ihop was good laughs.

1 hour ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Beat me to it.  I saw it advertised in Netflix when I got on last night and started watching the first few episodes.  So, Jim Carey and Jimmy Fallon (since Jimmy's was across two episodes).  Wife and I liked what we saw so far, can't wait to jump into the rest of them.

Also watched the first two episodes of I love You, America, the new Sarah Silverman show that's on Hulu.  It was pretty funny and deals with the political climate right now in the US.  She has traveled to various parts of the country connecting with un-like minded people who don't share her beliefs, but keeping it funny, etc.  She went to Louisiana and visited a family of Trump supporters and was talking with them about why, etc. 

Not a series, but has anyone ever seen these?

Not bad. Came across it during an unrelated Google search. If there was ever something that could finally break the stigmatized nature of gaming adaptations, this would be it.

Subject matter fits in with current audience preference in television. It also has the perfect marrying mix of free, open ended narrative (you can create any character, any storyline within the framework ), and highly sophisticated yet overly simple plotline (the lore/promise of a retro-futuristic yet very real alternate timeline set several centuries after nuclear annihilation), not to mention the blending of comedy (with crazed settlers, junkies, etc), hard science fiction, horror (with the horribly  mutated wildlife(, action (with raiders, rogue bots and mercs), and drama (post apocalyptic survivalist hardships), and massive potential with groups like the Enclave, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Vault network, etc. And you could film it practically  anywhere where there are abandoned cities or old abandoned frontier towns, so you could allocate more to the props.

It could be a ratings gold mine, if someone were to take it seriously. I'd love to see someone like SyFy or maybe even amc or FX take the plunge

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Perpetually behind, i am watching the first season of Mr. Robot.
Thanks to everyone who recommended this up earlier in the thread.. i had filed it away in my mind because of that, and started watching about 2 weeks ago.

Very good show.. develops paranoia quite well. Christian Slater can sometimes grate on me, but not in this,, he's excellent. I am glad he's finally stopped pretending he's jack Nicholson.

But, for the real me, i went ahead and subscribed to Boomerang on Prime..  Flintstones and Foghorn Leghorn! Can't miss!

~Bang

Edited by Bang