Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 12/11/2017 at 10:11 PM, Bishop Hammer said:

If you liked Stranger Things you may want to give Dark (which is also on Netflix) a go.   It's like ST but far more darker (no pun intended) and sinister.  

Set in the current decade and 80's, like Stranger, It's about a time travelling serial killer who targets children.  One of his victims happens to be the son of the towns head detective who is now on a desperate quest to find his child and piece together the identity of the killer; oh and did i forget to mention that the killer may have killed said detective's  baby brother 30 years prior, unbeknownst to our protagnist?

It's more of a slow burn than ST but once you get past the first episode it's very gripping and forces you to be on your toes to keep up with everything.

Three episodes in. Wow, I love it.  You weren't lying about it being dark LOL.  Probably finish it up over the weekend.  :cheers:

Spoiler

I still have no idea what the hell is going on yet, but I'm digging how everyone in the town seems to be connected somehow.  

On 12/21/2017 at 5:21 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Season 2 of Travelers incoming in a few days (12/26).

I'm not sure how they managed to make the goofy concept of that show work, but I liked it.  I hope season 2 can keep it up.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:11 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Bright's not bad. Interesting world but not a fan of the story mostly. Will Smith and his partner have a good vibe going.

I liked it, but I'm hoping that it's just a world building first film though.  They spend a lot of time in that movie pretending they aren't just showing you around, when they clearly are.  If you're a fantasy fan, especially urban fantasy, it's worth a look.  It's not great, or overly serious, so don't go into expecting a masterpiece.  

"We're not in a prophecy, we're in a stolen Toyota Corolla!"  :)

On 11/28/2017 at 9:52 PM, Elessar78 said:

Just finished Godless. Wow. 

I thiught the tv Golden age was dying down but these mini-series stuff like Godless and The Night Of are excellent. They can go much deeper into character where a movie can’t. 

I'm not sure when it happened but series seem to have caught up, maybe even surpassed, movies.  Most of my life movies were the NFL and everything else was hockey or baseball.  That dynamic has shifted.  Admittedly, this change in perception might just be that I'm getting old and enjoy the slow bits more than I used to.

Count me in as a rec for Godless.  It started a bit slow, but that's not a bad thing.  They do a good job laying the groundwork for a well told story.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Destino said:

I liked it, but I'm hoping that it's just a world building first film though.  They spend a lot of time in that movie pretending they aren't just showing you around, when they clearly are.  If you're a fantasy fan, especially urban fantasy, it's worth a look.  It's not great, or overly serious, so don't go into expecting a masterpiece.  

"We're not in a prophecy, we're in a stolen Toyota Corolla!"  :)

I'm glad Netflix already ordered a sequel without giving a care to the critics. Hopefully the next one has a better written story and refrains from talking about fairy lives.

Just finished Godless.  What an amazing, beautiful show.  I loved it so much. 

A few spoilers from the last episode though:

Spoiler

Two things made me sad/bothered me.  1. Whitey's abrupt death.   2. Bill and Alice ending up together and Roy leaving by himself. 

Hmmm. I  kind of wanted a bit more from the Buffalo soldiers too.   That seemed a little too one-sided.  Oh well. 

I still thought it was a great show.  One of the best, most beautiful Westerns I can recall watching.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:11 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Bright's not bad. Interesting world but not a fan of the story mostly. Will Smith and his partner have a good vibe going.

Hmmmm... This looks like a remake of Alien Nation, which one of the networks tried to turn into a TV series as well.

12 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hmmmm... This looks like a remake of Alien Nation, which one of the networks tried to turn into a TV series as well.

I started it the other night & you're right, it definitely had that Alien Nation vibe to it, with some Lost Girl fantasy hints mixed in.