Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/12/2018 at 3:50 PM, CaptainJames2004 said:

Comedians In Cars Drinking Coffee - on Netflix. A silly yet enjoyable little collection that I just found last evening. Episodes are only like 13 minutes or so. Basically each episode is Jerry Seinfeld picking up a different well-known comedian in some sort of classic car, and they then head somewhere for breakfast and coffee. All the while chatting, cracking jokes, and basically just catching up. Fun times

I watched the first one (with Jim Carrey) last night .... it felt a helllllluva lot longer than 15 minutes or so!

On 1/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Blitzed through a bunch of Eastbound and Down yesterday.  Kenny Powers never gets old.  

Check him out in Vice Principals on HBO. It's a 2 season or 3 season show, which is a shame. Wish it was still an ongoing show

• Like 1

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Black Lightning is a definite for me. Liking it much more than Flash/Arrow this year.

Show is fantastic man.  It's just more bad ass and kick ass than the others, his character draws you in, makes you feel his struggles/pain.  Real easy to get behind this character and root for him.   I'm still loving Flash though, but it's the traditional superhero show, with more lovey dovey stuff.  Where is Black Lighting is gritty, deep, etc.  Which is what makes it so awesome.

I remember the main character from his role in Friday Night LIghts, was the character Vince's dad.

The albino black guy is an evil looking mofo too. Can't figure out if he is a metahuman also.

Saw that Wally West from the Flash show is going to be a new regular on Legends of Tomorrow. Good for him.

As for Flash this year, not enjoying the DeVoe storyline. Although the mystery wedding girl who showed up again has potential.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TK said:

Check him out in Vice Principals on HBO. It's a 2 season or 3 season show, which is a shame. Wish it was still an ongoing show

I tried it when it first came out, couldn't get into it.  I liked him but didn't like the other guy.  I'll try it again since I can binge it now.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The albino black guy is an evil looking mofo too. Can't figure out if he is a metahuman also.

Saw that Wally West from the Flash show is going to be a new regular on Legends of Tomorrow. Good for him.

As for Flash this year, not enjoying the DeVoe storyline. Although the mystery wedding girl who showed up again has potential.

The mystery girl has to be a future relative of Barry & Iris.  Their daughter or granddaughter, maybe?  Or someone even further down the line.  She is there for a reason.  The Devoe storyline should just wrap up,

Black Lightening is gritty and fresh.  Honestly, Arrow just needs to be put to bed. The show is spent. Really nothing left tell.  Legends of Tomorrow is just CW milking the superhero thing by giving excess characters in their main shows; their own show.  It's uneven at best.  For every good episode, there's a clunker.

Flash still has some life in it but I see it follow in the same path Arrow has taken.  SuperGirl is shaking off a shaky Season 2.  They just need to have Kara move on from Mon- El.  

I think all these networks are starting to overdo it, with the comic book based shows. They are oversaturating the market. 

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Guy is money.  The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Justified.....all great shows.  Vice Principals was hilarious too, hate it was only 2 seasons.  

He just guest starred on Big Bang Theory last week as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone watch the Alienist? Didn't read the book..but it's a little slow moving. Dakotah Fannng though...whoa.

I happened across her in some weird western movie with Guy Pearce a couple weeks back. I thought she had retired. It was weird, but not the same as that other girl from Signs, where she's all grown with big ass titties and ****. Definitely wrecks your long lasting mental image

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

I just binge watched The Americans on Prime, five seasons. Season Six starts soon on FX, which I don't get. It's the final season. 

It's about Soviet spies living undercover in the U.S.for decades.

Very interesting, I enjoyed it very much.

One of my favorite shows, sad that it's coming to an end but wondering how Beeman is gonna catch them.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 8:20 AM, TK said:

New Counterpoint is out in InDemand.

2nd episode was quite good. Starz owes me a good series after the excruciatingly bad second season of GFE.

I started watching Electric Dreams on Amazon. Incredibly well done sci-fi unencumbered by the usual camp, but it's not genuinely a series - more like a collection of unrelated short movies.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

I just binge watched The Americans on Prime, five seasons. Season Six starts soon on FX, which I don't get. It's the final season. 

It's about Soviet spies living undercover in the U.S.for decades.

Very interesting, I enjoyed it very much.

It's one of the best shows I've ever seen.  Looking forward to the final season.

• Like 1