Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

3 hours ago, TK said:

Started Altered Carbon & halfway through the 2nd show. Really it so far. Think I'd put it up with The Expanse for best TV scifi show. 

They're still largely following the book at that point.  TV/movie writers just can't help but try to improve on the work of their betters though as usual the changes are largely to fall back on cheesy tropes.  Changed much of the main story line.  Not sure what I'd think if I hadn't read it.

On the bright side they did a good job with the "stacks" and the impact no longer being defined or confined by the body you were born in could have.  Fascinating idea to think about.

Can someone sell me on Travelers, without giving too much away? I watched a bit late last night before I fell asleep during the pilot. The genre was right down my alley, but it's not the premise I was expecting. It really threw me off and it was tough to recover from. Maybe there was more coming, but with every show that I've ever invested time in, whether it was overall good, bad or meh, it only took me a few moments to get hooked. Not really a fan of stuff it takes several episodes to get into

Netflix might be dropping a Cloverfield sequel tonight

EXCLUSIVE: We already told you that Paramount/Bad Robot’s Cloverfield sequel was getting acquired by Netflix, and that a Super Bowl spot is expected to air during the Big Game, however, we’re now hearing that the J.J. Abrams produced movie will be available to stream immediately following the end of the Big Game. A TV spot for the film is scheduled to drop around the end of the first quarter and inform fans about the pic’s availability tonight.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/cloverfield-sequel-god-particle-super-bowl-trailer-netflix-streaming-release-1202276386/

On 1/29/2018 at 10:52 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Their big mistake.  They had a season long story arch.  After the last couple of episodes, you finally see the early episodes were that way. Why the show didn't feel like Star Trek.

I like the show now and loved what happened to a certain Captain. 

You see the end of the season finale yet? :)  

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Yep.  Loved the last moment though I felt the actual episode was underwhelming.  

Hide contents

Season 2.  I guess we will see the Enterprise with Captain Pike and a young Spock.

Yeah I pretty much thought the same. Thought for a finale the story would have been better served stretched to a two hour show. I think they made history though as I can't recall any sci fi show ever showing an alien pissing on a wall though. And two streams at that. :ols: 

Spoiler

They name dropped the Enterprise the week before & somehow I was thinking Archer, not Pike. Pike should work well though since he's had so little screen time in the original series. 

I've been watching Bosch on Amazon Prime in the evenings.  Show is based on Michael Connelly's novels of the same character.  Really good show, I'm up to Season 3 now.  Good stories and character development.  I like Michael Connelly's books, have read several of them.

Bosch is a police officer in LA and the series follows several cases through the seasons so far, so the continuity is pretty good.

• Like 5