Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

59 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I started watching The Expanse. Not sure about it yet, but I like future type shows. I have Battlestar Galactica on my watch list.

The Expanse is one of those rare REALLY GOOD SciFi gems. It deserves to be watched in a home theater type setting. :)

• Like 2

It's that time of year when the various networks order TV pilots for the upcoming year.  Here's a list of some shows being considered:

TV Pilots 2018: All the New Shows Coming This Fall

What's kind of sad, is the lack of originality.

Either classic shows are getting revived with additional seasons, with most if not all of the original cast.  Or classic shows are being rebooted and a major character switches gender.  The upcoming "Lost in Space" has Dr. Smith being played by a female.  You can't come up with some cool new, original shows anymore??

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

TV should be good next couple of months.

Jessica Jones- Season 2

Krypton

Lost in Space

Timeless- Season 2

I'm worried about Timeless S2. I hope the near death of it doesn't mean they will cut corners with production and writing. 

I'd also add in Legion S2. Starts in April, I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm worried about Timeless S2. I hope the near death of it doesn't mean they will cut corners with production and writing. 

I'd also add in Legion S2. Starts in April, I think.

I  think Timeless probably doesn't get a 3rd season, unless it really does well in the ratings.  Only it's fans will care to watch it.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, Warhead36 said:

I watched the first episode of Altered Carbon. It was...okay. Kinda weird though. Didn't really grab me.

That was my exact reaction.  It doesn't grab you, in fact I think it deliberately confuses you, like why the main character was brought back after so long a time, why was it so important he was an Envoy or who the heck they are, or why the heck they keep showing that woman hitting the water, but by about episode 4 it really picks up, and the latter episodes are really great. 

3 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

Been watching the show Grantchester. Pretty good so far.

Good show, but the main romance storyline gets annoying at times.

We also like Inspector Lewis (my parents really love mystery shows, especially the Uk ones), Hinterlands, Shetlands, Brokenwood Mysteries.  My parents are big fans of Vera, Fortitude, and Midsommer Murders as well (my brother and I used to watch it with them when we were at the same house)

Longmire was good as well.

Edited by visionary

On 2/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

I  think Timeless probably doesn't get a 3rd season, unless it really does well in the ratings.  Only it's fans will care to watch it.

I dropped it in the first season when they announced it was being canned. Wish they'd had brought back Limitless instead. 

I'm trying to like Dark, but seriously, who thought it was a good idea to borrow so much from Stranger Things, from the same company? It's just hard to get past all of the similarities.

Im also starting to get fatigued and less impressed by the 80's meets science fiction/horror, now that more people are doing it. I hope this isn't the start of yet another unimaginative trend