Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's one of the best shows I've ever seen.  Looking forward to the final season.

I think the last couple seasons have dropped off a little bit with how much focus there is now on Paige and the family stuff but its still a damn good show. Excited to see how they end it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TK said:

Man. Star Trek Discovery did a real slow burn to get interesting last week. 

Their big mistake.  They had a season long story arch.  After the last couple of episodes, you finally see the early episodes were that way. Why the show didn't feel like Star Trek.

I like the show now and loved what happened to a certain Captain. 

53 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just watched the latest episode of Lucifer, and dang, that's a funny show.  

I wouldn't say it's consistently funny.  But some episodes, like this one, were terrific.  

The Smallville/Superman/kryptonite reference had me rolling. 

On 1/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, GoDeep81 said:

So I hadn't looked into the alienist because I thought it was sci-fi? Should I give it a look? 

Psychological thriller. Based on a book by Caleb Carr. Story centers around identifying and locating  a violent serial killer, via criminal and psychological profiling. 

Psychologist’s at the time that attempted to understand sociopathic violent offenders were referred to as “Alienists.”

Book, was good, but the first episode of the TNT series was just ok. Might give it a a shot later down the line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's the one about the prisoner frozen in time for 300 years and then coming back right?

No idea. I know it's about a PI who investigates a rich man's death and it involves sci-fi where people can be stored when they die and downloaded into new bodies. But that's about all I know.

Edit..maybe they changed some of the story (book) for the series?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

No idea. I know it's about a PI who investigates a rich man's death and it involves sci-fi where people can be stored when they die and downloaded into new bodies. But that's about all I know.

I said frozen, but yeah, that's the show.  Man, I must have been in a daze when I glanced over the description the other day while on Netflix lol.  Just looked it up again.  So yeah, it takes place 300 years in the future, peoples consciousness are stored and can be downloaded into other bodies (called sleeves).  A violent mercenary wakes up 250 years after his sleeve is killed off and given the option to spend the rest of his life in prison or help solve the murder of the wealthiest man in the world.

53 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's the one about the prisoner frozen in time for 300 years and then coming back right?

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Altered Carbon drops on Netflix today. Didn't read the book yet..but it's a must watch for me.

Debating if I should read the book first or not.

Planning on checking it out as soon as I finish up the last two shows of Mindhunter. All I know about it is I thought I saw Thomas Jane in the preview for it which makes me ask if anyone knows when The Expanse comes back?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakinaiken said:

Psychological thriller. Based on a book by Caleb Carr. Story centers around identifying and locating  a violent serial killer, via criminal and psychological profiling. 

Psychologist’s at the time that attempted to understand sociopathic violent offenders were referred to as “Alienists.”

Book, was good, but the first episode of the TNT series was just ok. Might give it a a shot later down the line. 

Thanks! Yea, I checked out Ep1 and it didn't really move me to watch a 2nd. If I run out of programming I'll probably give Ep2 a look though.. I also checked out Ep1 of Black Lightning.. Was digging the concept and liking the story, all the way up until the cartoon costume.. My anti sci-fi gene kicked in and that was it.. lol  

I spent today binge watching Altered Carbon.   I loved it.  It was different. Didn't read the book; so not familiar with the story. Still enjoyed the show.

Spoiler

The way they ended the show, left it open for a potential 2nd season.  I hope they do a second season.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1