Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

All the best shows always get cancelled :(

**** sucks, man. It was just starting to get really interesting, too.

Apparently the producers are pitching it to other networks. Not sure I'd like that, though, seeing as they might try to change things up. SyFy was the perfect place for it.

Maybe Netflix could pick it up. I think it would be even better with a heavier rating. Almost kinda reminds me of Mass Effect in that it's a very gritty version of spacey science fiction/adventure

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

**** sucks, man. It was just starting to get really interesting, too.

Apparently the producers are pitching it to other networks. Not sure I'd like that, though, seeing as they might try to change things up. SyFy was the perfect place for it.

Maybe Netflix could pick it up. I think it would be even better with a heavier rating. Almost kinda reminds me of Mass Effect in that it's a very gritty version of spacey science fiction/adventure

It's over. Noone is going to pick it up.  I'm sure the actors/actresses are ready to move on to other gigs.

On 9/22/2017 at 12:21 PM, Riggo-toni said:

After mixed feelings following the first two episodes, the third won me over.

For me, the important thing with the first two episodes was not about what they did right, but what they managed to avoid doing wrong.  They showed a solid base to work with, but it was to-be-seen where they'd go from there.  If episode 3 is any indication, it looks like everything is coming up Milhouse.

On 9/23/2017 at 3:18 AM, FrFan said:

That sounds it would be related to Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It sure sounds like it, but I doubt it's a blade runner tv serie. IMDB describing :"A sci-fi anthology series with stand-alone episodes based on the works of Phillip K. Dick."

14 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

For me, the important thing with the first two episodes was not about what they did right, but what they managed to avoid doing wrong.  They showed a solid base to work with, but it was to-be-seen where they'd go from there.  If episode 3 is any indication, it looks like everything is coming up Milhouse.

I think it's starting to find it's legs.  That third episode was really good.  Definitely, the type of issue Star Trek would tackle.  I see more of homage towards TNG than TOS.

=========================================================

Fox has an X-filish comedy called Ghosted.  It has 2 of the actors from Hot Tub Time MAchine 2.  The premiere episode is available online and it premieres first week of October.  I liked it.

Well, been watching "Snowfall".. 3 episodes left. Im gonna finish it, because Ive made it this far, but have to say the writing on that show is weak.. The way it's written the kid would of been dead about 4x by now.. Just silly really. It's redeeming character is the sets, cars, clothing, etc is pretty good. But if anyone goes into it hoping for a "wire-ish" type caliber show, save your time and look for something else.

On September 22, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Riggo-toni said:

After mixed feelings following the first two episodes, (of The Orville), the third won me over.

Yeah, just watched the third one, myself. 

There's things I would have liked better. Would have liked to see somebody arguing for the position of showing more tolerance for Bortus' culture. (I would have liked that argument to lose.  But I would have liked to see it argued.)

But still, was a great episode. And I've decided, this isn't a Trek satire. It's a tribute. And so far, a good one. 

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, just watched the third one, myself. 

There's things I would have liked better. Would have liked to see somebody arguing for the position of showing more tolerance for Bortus' culture. (I would have liked that argument to lose.  But I would have liked to see it argued.)

But still, was a great episode. And I've decided, this isn't a Trek satire. It's a tribute. And so far, a good one. 

Episode 4 is even better.  I would say it's a tribute combo of TOS and TNG.

The only downside, some of the jokes do fall flat.  Seth managed not to make the jokes the centerpiece of show; which why the show has alot going for it.

BTW, for the folks following Orville, (Fifth episode was also really good, but maybe not as good as #3.)  

Has anybody but me noticed that Rachael McFarlane is the voice of the ship's computer?  

If this guy isn't a Trekkie, he's sure got some on staff.  

Edited by Larry

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

BTW, for the folks following Orville, (Fifth episode was also really good, but maybe not as good as #3.)  

Has anybody but me noticed that Rachael McFarlane is the voice of the ship's computer?  

If this guy isn't a Trekkie, he's sure got some on staff.  

Brannon Braga is an executive producer on Orville and he helped produce Enterprise, Voyager and The Next Generation.