Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yes, wife and I are on episode 5 and loving it.  It's been really good so far.

Yeah it's seemed our tastes run pretty close so I'm not surprised :ols: 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, TK said:

FYI Hulu just added HBO with a free month trial. Since my free month through HBO just ended I'll probably do the same for Game of Thrones. 

There's The Wire & then there's everything else. :)

The Wire is the gold standard for TV dramas.

• Like 1

Finished up all 10 episodes of Ozark.  All I can say is that it was awesome and I can't wait until season 2 (going to assume it gets renewed).  The season finale was great, completely was not expecting some events that went down the way they did.  If you have Netflix, definitely check this show out.  

Brief overview:  Stars Jason Bateman and has Esai Morales (Caprica, NYPD Blue) in it.  It's about a family living in Chicago, the husband/father is a financial advisor who has to relocate his family to Missouri Ozarks after his dealings with a drug cartel go south.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Finished up all 10 episodes of Ozark.  All I can say is that it was awesome and I can't wait until season 2 (going to assume it gets renewed).  The season finale was great, completely was not expecting some events that went down the way they did.  If you have Netflix, definitely check this show out.  

Brief overview:  Stars Jason Bateman and has Esai Morales (Caprica, NYPD Blue) in it.  It's about a family living in Chicago, the husband/father is a financial advisor who has to relocate his family to Missouri Ozarks after his dealings with a drug cartel go south.  

I finished it up yesterday. It's been awhile since a binge show pulled me that into it that I lost a day. :ols:  I kept waiting for the kid to turn into Dexter.

Spoiler

On the final show as soon as Del said "redneck" I knew it was coming. Just didn't expect it to be "Gus" like from Breaking Bad. :ols: 

• Like 2

Just now, TK said:

I finished it up yesterday. It's been awhile since a binge show pulled me that into it that I lost a day. :ols:  I kept waiting for the kid to turn into Dexter.

Hide contents

On the final show as soon as Del said "redneck" I knew it was coming. Just didn't expect it to be "Gus" like from Breaking Bad. :ols: 

Spoiler

That was brutal.  I wish they had left his family on the road a little longer, maybe to be found by the next handler they send there to replace Del. They set-up next season to be even better than the first.

It's rare I binge watch 10 episodes that are an hour long in one day.  Wife finished it all last night, I fell asleep around midnight, 30 mins into the finale and finished it up today on my lunch break.  I did almost nothing Friday night, Saturday watching Last Chance U, then Ozark all day Sunday :ols:

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's rare I binge watch 10 episodes that are an hour long in one day.  Wife finished it all last night, I fell asleep around midnight, 30 mins into the finale and finished it up today on my lunch break.  I did almost nothing Friday night, Saturday watching Last Chance U, then Ozark all day Sunday :ols:

Haha I did Last Chance on Friday, started looking around for whatever would be next & started the first Ozark. Then watched all but the last two on Saturday & finished it yesterday.

So Monday night, I got online and logged into my DirectTV account to cancel HBO.  They won't let you cancel your premium channels online.  You can add/activate any of them that you don't have, but no, if you want to deactivate anything you have to call them directly.  So I call and 10 mins into the call (should it really take that long to drop a premium channel?) the rep tells me that when she brought it up to deactivate, it also listed Fox Sports South and another regional channel.  

I was livid and explaining that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.  That my regional sports channels are free and no way should be linked to a premium channel.  I had to speak with a supervisor, etc.  Took me almost one hour, just to drop HBO and make sure my regional sports channels didn't get deactivated too.  If I didn't have to have them for NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Redskins games down here in CLT, I'd drop them so fast.  Especially since AT&T bought them out.  

Anyhow, the only reason this is related to this thread is I dropped HBO to add Starz to watch Power season 4.  Wife and I just got caught up and through episode 5, it's definitely their best season thus far, imo.  Great watch.  Has anyone watched American Gods yet?  

Also, not sure about y'alls cable providers, but as far as Direct TV goes, it's a lot cheaper to get the premium channels through their streaming service or streaming device.  HBO now is $15/mo vs $18/mo, Starz and Showtime you can add through Amazon for $9/mo each vs. $13.99/mo each.  Direct TV does have a bundle package now where you pick two channels and get for $13.99/mo for three months.  I've gotten to where I'm only paying for one premium channel a month and rotating out as the shows I want to watch start back. 

On 7/26/2017 at 0:02 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Also, not sure about y'alls cable providers, but as far as Direct TV goes, it's a lot cheaper to get the premium channels through their streaming service or streaming device.  HBO now is $15/mo vs $18/mo, Starz and Showtime you can add through Amazon for $9/mo each vs. $13.99/mo each.  Direct TV does have a bundle package now where you pick two channels and get for $13.99/mo for three months.  I've gotten to where I'm only paying for one premium channel a month and rotating out as the shows I want to watch start back. 

You can also get Starz through their app for $9 & I think it's Hulu you can also get Showtime through for $9-10 a month & use that to log into the SHO app. 

• Like 1

Season 2 of HBO's "Insecure" premiered last night.  Laughed the **** out loud!  LMAO!!!!  Every situation and conversation is so well placed, Issa Ray is a great writer.  It's about the struggles of black 30-somethings in east LA.  

With 53 reviews on Rottentomatoes, Season 1 is at 100%.  HBO knows good programming, which is why they decided to renew Insecure for a second season. :)  

12 hours ago, youngchew said:

Season 2 of HBO's "Insecure" premiered last night.  Laughed the **** out loud!  LMAO!!!!  Every situation and conversation is so well placed, Issa Ray is a great writer.  It's about the struggles of black 30-somethings in east LA.  

With 53 reviews on Rottentomatoes, Season 1 is at 100%.  HBO knows good programming, which is why they decided to renew Insecure for a second season. :)  

I liked season 1. Mad af when she cheated on him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You know they have this functionality called "spoiler tags" on here right?  

Hide contents

So people that haven't seen the show yet don't read spoilers.

:rofl89:

CLAWZ on TNT is getting really good.  Dean Norris as a bisexual Drug Kingpin is hilarious.