Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Always feels like a great ride when you haven't watched it in a while.  Even better with folks that have never seen it.

Shame it was all downhill from there with that franchise. 

A.

You know people that haven't seen Terminator 2?

Only people I can think of are my kids and nephews, but they aren't old enough for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Love and Monsters on Hulu.  Talk about a hidden gem.  94% on rotten with over 100 critic reviews. 

Giant monsters have taken over the world, and what's left of humanity has gone underground.  Kid travels about 100 miles above ground by himself to find his girlfriend.  

Silly, fun movie with a good story.  Michael Rooker :headbang:

• Like 2

Licorice Pizza. Paul Thomas Anderson’s new joint about two teens that fall in love in the valley in the 70s. 

It’s not his usual fare, but I absolutely loved it. The best film I’ve seen this year and it’s not close for me. Worth seeing for the cinematography and Bradley Cooper.

This has high potential to be one of those “I didn’t get why everyone thought it was so good.” kinda flicks. If you’re one of those people, stay at home and watch El Camino again on Netflix. This is a piece of art and should be approached as such. (4/4).

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Nightmare Alley 

starring: Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Toni Colette, Willem Dafoe, Rooney Mara, Richard Jenkins, Ron Perlman

An ambitious carny with a talent for manipulating people with a few well-chosen words rises to fame attracting the attention of the1940s elite. 

I didn’t know what to expect with this movie but the cast and Guillermo Del Toro directing caught my eye. I loved it tho. A modern noir tale with a fantastic Cooper performance. Del Toro doesn’t have any supernatural elements or monsters in this one but it’s still visually mesmerizing and somehow even more haunting focusing just on humanity. It’s a slow burn, there is a lot of build up with the tension present in every scene.  It’s dark. It’s bleak. But the payoff is really something and the final scene is unforgettable. What a ride 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:24 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Licorice Pizza. Paul Thomas Anderson’s new joint about two teens that fall in love in the valley in the 70s. 

It’s not his usual fare, but I absolutely loved it. The best film I’ve seen this year and it’s not close for me. Worth seeing for the cinematography and Bradley Cooper.

This has high potential to be one of those “I didn’t get why everyone thought it was so good.” kinda flicks. If you’re one of those people, stay at home and watch El Camino again on Netflix. This is a piece of art and should be approached as such. (4/4).

Just got back from seeing this movie and totally agree. 

Also will add that the Haim sisters did a great job and I love their music too. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

I finally watched the Eternals.  Bored me to tears.  It felt like they couldn’t decide on a villain or even a direction.  It reminded me why I hate working with committees or groups.  Nothing gets done, and then it’s a mad scramble at the end when the deadline to do something forces action.  

i did enjoy seeing the scale of celestials though.  

• Like 1

Eternals is definitely a beautiful movie but very slow and not for everyone. Watched it Saturday night and the better half was bored. 😆

Spoiler

Glad they introduced Starfox at the end. And hinted at Dane becoming Black Knight and his involvement somehow with Blade. 

Also watched Ron's Gone Wrong on Friday night. Lots of good laughs in that one. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Eternals is definitely a beautiful movie but very slow and not for everyone. Watched it Saturday night and the better half was bored. 😆

Reveal hidden contents

Glad they introduced Starfox at the end. And hinted at Dane becoming Black Knight and his involvement somehow with Blade. 

Also watched Ron's Gone Wrong on Friday night. Lots of good laughs in that one. 

feels like they are going to lose people with this one. Hell I said “this is dumb” when pretty boy 100% human Harry styles shows up and says he is Thanos brother, Thanos who famously is purple, monstrous, and has a ballsack for a chin. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

feels like they are going to lose people with this one. Hell I said “this is dumb” when pretty boy 100% human Harry styles shows up and says he is Thanos brother, Thanos who famously is purple, monstrous, and has a ballsack for a chin. 

The comics do a good job of explaining it. Basically,  Thanos carries the Deviants gene (despite being an Eternal). That's why he looks monstrous. 

A simple explanation in Eternals 2 (assuming it happens) takes care of that. 

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The comics do a good job of explaining it. Basically,  Thanos carries the Deviants gene (despite being an Eternal). That's why he looks monstrous. 

A simple explanation in Eternals 2 (assuming it happens) takes care of that. 

so all the others on Titan looked human like starfox instead of like Thanos?

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

so all the others on Titan looked human like starfox instead of like Thanos?

In the comics, the people who lived on Titan were called Eternals. So yes*. 

*They're all suppose to be very tall. 

The MCU though has changed some of the story,  so who knows. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just saw Eternals and I feel the same way as you @Destino, this movie was eternally long.

What kept me going was how unpredictable it was (well, being a marvel movie, had to assume they'd succeed somehow), but I'll never watch this movie again.

I went in knowing nothing about the Eternals from the comics, I'm good, I'm done.

C-

Edit: historical references were cool

Edited by Renegade7

23 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Come on man, you split Braveheart into two nights. Maybe you can work a little on your attention span. 😆

Bruh, we didn't start it the first night until 2 in the morning, it's a 3 hour movie :ols:

Oh, look, a squirrel!!!

• Haha 2