Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I finally got around to Ghostbusters Afterlife.

Watched it with the family, and as a family movie it succeeded.  It’s definitely better than that abomination they made in 2016 which wasted a hilarious cast of talented women.  Despite being a kids movie, the stars of this one are children, this movie felt like a real ghostbusters movie.  My daughter sat there smiling through out, happily cheering on Egon’s granddaughter as she discovered her newly discovered ghostbuster legacy and put on her proton pack. 

Afterlife also served as a pretty good tribute to Harold Ramis, who died before the making of this movie.  This movie centers on Egon’s family, his sacrifices, and his legacy.  He’s in this movie as a ghost, which is as fitting a tribute to a ghostbuster as can be.

If you liked ghostbusters growing up this one is worth watching.  It’s not great like the original, but it belongs.  That’s something.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

And I want to add that she liked Batman Begins, which leaves me even more flabbergasted. 

Batman Begins is better…

but that’s not a slight since TDK is also a timeless masterpiece. And that’s evident from the first 5 minutes so if she’s asking if it gets better already an hour in - after we’ve had the bank heist, the Batman imposters, the Joker/crime boss meeting, the Lao abduction in Hong Kong, the Bruce/Alfred bandit story etc…you may need to prepare yourself for what’s coming…

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Watched Saint Maud (2019) last night. Very good psychological horror (my favorite kind) and an incredible performance by the lead actress, Morfydd Clark. And the score hits perfectly and hits hard. I bought the mp3 album immediately off Amazon once the film was over (only place I could find it quick). This film has twists and turns that caught me off guard every single time. * Added - to describe it better, I felt influences of Misery, Donnie Darko, and Session 9.

Saint Maud.jpg

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Batman Begins is better…

but that’s not a slight since TDK is also a timeless masterpiece. And that’s evident from the first 5 minutes so if she’s asking if it gets better already an hour in - after we’ve had the bank heist, the Batman imposters, the Joker/crime boss meeting, the Lao abduction in Hong Kong, the Bruce/Alfred bandit story etc…you may need to prepare yourself for what’s coming…

A divorce?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Batman Begins is better…

41 minutes ago, purbeast said:

A divorce?

Bruh, I'm trying to tell you, when she asked who the Joker was during the opening bank heist scene, I couldn't even be mad.

I knew what I was getting into the first time I heard her accent 🥰

captain-marvel-so-youre-not-from-around-here.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched the newest Resident Evil last night and enjoyed it.  It pays a lot of homage to the first and second movies and is based around those.  If you are a fan of the old RE games you will probably enjoy it.  If you aren't, then you will just think it's a cheesy mess most likely lol.  I'd say it's the best or second best RE movie though, but mainly just because it actually follows the games a lot more than the other movies do.  There are some iconic scenes from the first 2 games incorporated into the movie too which is cool.  The sets were pretty awesome too.  But yeah, I'd only recommend if you are a fan of the old games.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Am I a bad father if I think it is a good idea to show my 16 year old and his best friend the "Jackass" movie series?  Perhaps I'm just a horrible husband.  I never even watched the movie or show much myself, but they are seeing so much stupid on Youtube that I figure that is right up their comedic taste.  

On 2/7/2022 at 5:08 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That is the answer most will give to my question. I’ll get heat for this but I’m not an Unforgiven fan. 

You’re not alone. I liked Unforgiven, but didn’t love it. The ending was pretty great, but I’m not sold on Eastwood as a director. Love him as an actor.

I’ll take A Fistful of Dollars over it any day of the week.

The greatest western of all time is...

The Wild Bunch. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 3

@Momma There Goes That Man update on The Dark Knight.

So, further in the movie she says she really likes it, but keeps asking why they don't jus kill the Joker.

Yea know, I try to explain how Batman tries his best not to kill anyone, why he doesn't use guns, and try to point to this coming up in Batman Begins, which as I noted she also likes.

But when I think about the cops, yes, revenge isn't justice, that did Gordon did the right thing not blowing his head off when he got the jump on him after the truck chase scene.

But in this country, where a theoretical Gotham is supposed to be, being a cop killer is a death wish, especially if you're black.  Hell, if this was in another country, the Joker likely is killed via predator drone.

So when the credits start rolling, she asks again about them killing the Joker, emphasizing that he's going to escape.

"I've changed my mind, this movie is stupid."

66544a07-9c16-4ea1-ba45-428037fbda55.gif.3d1e1eb5e7df2af3074b44bfba721503.gif

I mean, for the most part she did like the movie, even commented her concern that Ledger was playing the Joker so well that she was worried how he was in real life.  

And even though I still love this movie, it does have me thinking a little about her point (maybe better for another thread, and again, it is jus a movie, but still...)

I'm considering showing her "The Killing Joke"

Edited by Renegade7

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Momma There Goes That Man update on The Dark Knight.

So, further in the movie she says she really likes it, but keeps asking why they don't jus kill the Joker.

Yea know, I try to explain how Batman tries his best not to kill anyone, why he doesn't use guns, and try to point to this coming up in Batman Begins, which as I noted she also likes.

"I've changed my mind, this movie is stupid."

I watched Kimi on HBO. It’s with Zendaya. Basically it’s about an Alexa like device that spies on you and how she gets wrapped up in it. It’s way more interesting than that. I really enjoyed it. HBO original programming is some of the best out there I feel. I give this movie a B+. No surprises, it was just a good movie with good acting.

8 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I watched Kimi on HBO. It’s with Zendaya. Basically it’s about an Alexa like device that spies on you and how she gets wrapped up in it. It’s way more interesting than that. I really enjoyed it. HBO original programming is some of the best out there I feel. I give this movie a B+. No surprises, it was just a good movie with good acting.

that’s Zoe Kravitz not Zendaya 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, Fergasun said:

Am I a bad father if I think it is a good idea to show my 16 year old and his best friend the "Jackass" movie series?  Perhaps I'm just a horrible husband.  I never even watched the movie or show much myself, but they are seeing so much stupid on Youtube that I figure that is right up their comedic taste.  

No.  

I wanted to watch those this weekend, the fiance nixed it which was odd to me considering she has the humor of a 5th grade boy sometimes.  

There are two types of people, those who think Jackass is hilarious and those who lie and say they don't like it.  It's perfect for the 16 year old that resides in all of us.  

When Johnny Knoxville asks if Butterbean is okay....that might be one of the funniest things ever.

• Like 2

Watched The King’s Man on HBO.  I guess this is the prequel to those Kingsmen movies that were fun.  This one is a pretty forgettable action movie with a sloppy plot…. but whoever choreographed the fight scene with Rasputin deserves an award.  

On 2/16/2022 at 8:27 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw the latest Liam Neeson action flick, Blacklight.

B-, your typical Neeson action flick. A couple of twists to keep you interested.

Liam Neeson is like Keanu Reeves in that he's basically the same person in every movie now, jus slightly different scenarios / backstories.

When I saw the trailer for this, I was like "damn, what is this Taken 16: Taken Again?"

Great actor, love him, but damn, for real, b?

Edited by Renegade7