Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hide contents

It was quite refreshing to finally see a story where no one saves the day and mankind is just completely destroyed.

Spoiler

Just begs the same question I asked after Trump got elected, do we all deserve to suffer because of the select actions of a few?  Fast-forward to COVID and its another reminder that there are some things we all need to be on the same page about otherwise we all pay for it, and thats really hard in reality.  This movie touched on a million reasons as to why.

Edited by Renegade7

Matrix Resurrection was hot garbage.  I got through the whole thing, some confusing and eventually cringe worthy moments.  Officially jumped the sharked with the flying robot manta ray who was a "friend". 

The first movie was extremely plausible and pragmatic, this last one was more sci-fi fantasy with clearly certain stars from previous movies not wanting to play a part in and having to be replaced by other actors instead.

D-, worst of the four movies by far.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just watched Matrix 4 on HBOMax. Waiting for the end credits scene.

The first hour was a mess I thought; at least until Neo realized who he really was. The rest of the movie was okay. I don’t think we really needed another Matrix movie.  I’ll give C+. I just thought it was an average movie.

I feel pretty much like this about the new Matrix.  It was decent but just completely unnecessary and it has zero memorable scenes like part 1 did.  I enjoyed it for what it was though.  First hour or so could have been like half as long and still gotten the point across.

Also hope you didn't waste your time on the credits scene lol.  So dumb.

Don’t Look Up was great. Wasn’t as funny as I had hoped but well done satire of our society’s denial of crises, our capitalist and political exploitation of crises, living in an increasingly conspiratorial world, a crisis in the midst of a stupidity revolution etc. 

Craziness. Would have thought it was ridiculous had it released 6 years ago. Now it might not have gone far enough lol

• Like 4

Don’t Look Up was excellent. The satire hits home, though it might seem heavy handed to many.  That’s certainly what critics are pointing at to justify negative reviews.  I suspect many just had their feelings hurt by the movie directing a lot of ire at the media and exposing how they’re just as vapid and awful as the politicians and politics their constant noise covers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Don’t Look Up was excellent. The satire hits home, though it might seem heavy handed to many.  That’s certainly what critics are pointing at to justify negative reviews.  I suspect many just had their feelings hurt by the movie directing a lot of ire at the media and exposing how they’re just as vapid and awful as the politicians and politics their constant noise covers.

This is a satire of our society, this movie reminds me of Mars Attacks, War of the Worlds, and Doctor Strangelove. It makes you seriously worry and laugh too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

This was by far my favorite movie of the year. It’s overtaken Idiocracy as the most comedically accurate representation of who we are.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Been watching some of those Hallmark Xmas movies the last couple of days.

Yeah, the basic plot is the same. The guy and girl get together by end of the movie. Still a little addicting. May watch one more before I sleep.

I stand  by holiday in handcuffs and Christmas do-over

fun, silly movies 

• Haha 1

The Wrestler. Pretty good, the way it was filmed made it seem low budget, I like movies like that, makes it seems more personal and relatable. Mickey Rourke played the role of an alienated washed up wrestler incredibly well. And damn Marissa Tomei was hot. Emotionally evocative movie. I give it a solid B close to B+.

Mickey Rourke is an actor whose name I have heard many times but I have never seen in any movies. I read his Wikipedia page and immediately ordered Angel Heart mostly cuz I want to see that sex scene with Lisa Bonet haha.

On 12/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Destino said:

My wife said she saw a joke that said that the most unrealistic thing about the movie was that Leonardo DiCaprio has a wife that is not half his age.

I really loved the movie in the same way that I love Idiocracy. I don't like Netflix movies generally, however, I thought this one was well done.

54 minutes ago, max21 said:

The Alpinist on Netflix, what an outstanding documentary. Highly recommend, I was sweating just watching it 

Excellent documentary but it sort of looked like mental illness too, right?  

Have you seen The River Runner?  I enjoyed it.  

Omg, I almost forgot how good Gladiator was.

Wife fell asleep on it because she was exhausted, we're expecting again, but insisted we rewatch this again tomorrow, first time and super impressed.

I will gladly watch this twice in 24 hours.

A fn plus.

Edit: she's awake now and turned it back on where she fell asleep on it.

aliens-vasquez.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I have only watched the Gladiator once. I should put it on the list. I really enjoyed the Matrix so much more after so many years. I wonder if I will have different feelings about the Gladiator. I remember really liking it.

Finally watched the Aliens for the first time. It was really good. I did not feel it was dated at all. It held up well.

Watching Godzilla vs Megalon, and I can't stop internally laughing. I've always had a soft spot for these movies, being inebriated makes them even better.

Yes, I came in on the end fight scene where Jet Jaguar was holding the bad monster and Godzilla glided in on his tail feet first to kick him. Twice.   Then Godzilla picked him up by the tail and started slaming him on the ground.

And this ****-show grin Jet Jaguar has on his face makes it look like he's getting a bj, and I find it hilarious. Wish I took a picture to share with yall, it was glorious.

Look, its a bad fn movie but I'm having a great fn time. 

C-.

• Haha 1

Yeah Gladiator is a GOAT movie for sure.  Everything about that movie is flat out fantastic.  I love the music in it.

I haven't watched it in a long time I should watch that as well.  The extended bluray has some scenes in it that I really wish were in the original movie.

• Like 2