Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

21 hours ago, WorshiptheMonk81 said:

Lets talk about the play at the end where Godwin looked to have committed offensive PI. I understand im supposed to be happy because that made the cowboys lose, but im not. now IMO, that was clearly and blatantly offensive PI. A referee was standing right there and didn't call anything. To me that waters down the entire NFL product and cheapens the experience. Stuff like that makes me not even want to watch sometimes. Am i alone here? Am i mistaken on what i saw? tell me pls. What are we even watching anymore...

You're far from alone...losing games because of officials calls do hurt the game. 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:28 PM, WorshiptheMonk81 said:

Lets talk about the play at the end where Godwin looked to have committed offensive PI. I understand im supposed to be happy because that made the cowboys lose, but im not. now IMO, that was clearly and blatantly offensive PI. A referee was standing right there and didn't call anything. To me that waters down the entire NFL product and cheapens the experience. Stuff like that makes me not even want to watch sometimes. Am i alone here? Am i mistaken on what i saw? tell me pls. What are we even watching anymore...

We are watching fixed games...I'll stay by my prediction tom brady gets his perfect season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, onedrop said:

Indeed, every line in front if Brady instantaneously becomes the best ever with ZERO holding penalties. Amazing, almost supernatural 😒

Sure but at the same time those calls went both ways. One of the cowboys touchdowns came on a horrible no call on blatent holding. That matters just as much as one at the end of the game, just is forgotten about. And that being said I didn't see his arm extend which I thought had to be the case for OPI. Looked like it was just the DB was off balance to me, though maybe another angle shows more.

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Sure but at the same time those calls went both ways. One of the cowboys touchdowns came on a horrible no call on blatent holding. That matters just as much as one at the end of the game, just is forgotten about. And that being said I didn't see his arm extend which I thought had to be the case for OPI. Looked like it was just the DB was off balance to me, though maybe another angle shows more.

Not talking about just that game. It's EVERY game. If you want to know who is supposed to win a game just watch the holding calls/no calls and the timing of each. The bucs were MEH most if the year last season. Come playoffs how many holding penalties did their line get?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, onedrop said:

Not talking about just that game. It's EVERY game. If you want to know who is supposed to win a game just watch the holding calls/no calls and the timing of each. The bucs were MEH most if the year last season. Come playoffs how many holding penalties did their line get?

Oh I'm with you there. Seemed like there was a ton of really bad holding in our playoff game with them that were not called. Blatent holds that kept drives going or were scores.

15 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I thought I saw enough of a push off for a call, but I also saw the Cowboys DB knowing he couldn't make a play on the ball and embellish the contact. Re-watching the clip, he did the whole head snap back thing on a push to his chest and was calling for the flag on his way to the ground. He was clearly trying to put the onus on the ref, and they did not reward his embellishment this time.

I was cool w/ the no call in that sitch. Can't "buy" penalties at the end of a game. No ref wants to decide a game like that.

What I found more perplexing was not icing the kicker
Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

I suppose the one positive about Samuels going to IR is he is the player that Fitz has least chemistry with. All the timing, all the work that was done during the offseason was with everyone else. So, yeah, you're losing a lot of talent and speed, but your gaining familiarity.

That was the longest I've been out of my home since October 1, 2020.  Back home with RedZone. 

I think I'll be scouting better places to go...we were kinda catered to because the staff had totally changed (no servers at all), and there was an extremely sparse crowd (game 1 last year had it about half full even with covid and me with a bag with wipes, sanitizer, bleach cleaner & paper towels). :)

I'm disappointed, for sure...the fumble on the 5 killed good momentum.  We better get some serious **** done in the next 3 days. 

24 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I wonder who our emergency QB is....Logan Thomas??

With Fitzpatrick's injury I expect someone to be signed at least to the PS wonder where they are coming from.  Only other option would be Montez to the roster but I don't really dig that.

I thought Montez went to Detroit? Lets face it, Cam is coming and he's who should be coming. He's a veteran who knows the system, the league and the coaches. I could also see short yardage packages for Cam that could take some of the wear and tear off of Gibson. Makes a ton of sense to me. Get him in here and tell him he's backing up TH. Heinecke deserves a shot at running the team as the starter.

1 hour ago, OMacAttack said:

I wonder who our emergency QB is....Logan Thomas??

With Fitzpatrick's injury I expect someone to be signed at least to the PS wonder where they are coming from.  Only other option would be Montez to the roster but I don't really dig that.

Kyle Shurmur (was on the Bengals, played late in our preseason game against them) signed to our practice squad today. 

Got to say I really enjoyed the Mannings' broadcast last night.  It wasn't polished, but I don't think that was a bad thing.  Their guests and the insight from all added a lot to my experience.

When they said "Don't do a hard count on the one foot line." Then Carr did it and there was the false start - that was quality TV.

:229:The Rook