Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Anybody else enjoying a cold beer or 4 on a Saturday?...I am..on the porch cold beers fat ass t bones on the grill..weather is awesome..sunny 82...thinking about the clips of the live practice and coach at the mic...just all giddy inside not getting carried away but jesus ****ing gods I cant wait for Washington Team Football!!!

On 8/6/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dan T. said:

^^^  Re: Joe Jacoby, consider too that he had to line up against All Pros and Hall of Famers like Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Reggie White, Too Tall Jones, and Randy White two times a year.

Excuse my language but **** the ****ing pos hall o fame till ol joe is in...un ****ing believable seeing all these linemen making it before joe!!!

Excellent point Dan T!!!

Lol.z skins

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Excuse my language but **** the ****ing pos hall o fame till ol joe is in...un ****ing believable seeing all these linemen making it before joe!!!

I don't think that I can express it quite as eloquently as your good self, but big Joe being overlooked for so long is a total disgrace.

• Like 2

Watching the HOF enshrinement ceremony.   I enjoy watching but the fact that Jimbo covert made it in and not Jacoby is an example of how the HOF is unfortunately not ultimately based on which players were the best.   It taints the HOF.   It’s sad since I really love the game and the history of the league.  

BTW I believe Joe was a 3x all pro…. Not 2x

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Thanks 2

Looking at this year's crop of Hall of Fame inductees, I have to say that the Hall has really stepped up their bronze bust game.  There was a stretch there a couple years ago where the busts hardly looked like the guys they were commemorating.  But this year, for the most part, they got it right...

I just finished reading a sci-fi book by Andy Weir, Project Hail Mary. At the end in the acknowledgements section, he thanks a bunch of people "and Dan Snyder, who... wait. You never got back to me, Dan! What, am I not good enough for you!?" 👀👀👀👀

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, bakedtater1 said:

I miss Swflskins...glad to see ladyskinsfan around as well as skinsmarydu...wheres pez?..hope you enjoyed the game from the comforts of your home ladyskinsfan..that is always nice!!

He might be around....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:55 PM, Dan T. said:

^^^  Re: Joe Jacoby, consider too that he had to line up against All Pros and Hall of Famers like Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Reggie White, Too Tall Jones, and Randy White two times a year.

I'd rather say that all those list had to face Joe twice a year, and rarely camed out with anything more than bumps and bruises...

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

All the Haskins slob knobbing is absolutely blowing my mind. Did they not watch this guy? So now its all our fault that he sucked because he had a good preseason quarter? I need a place to talk about this...

Really...I swear, @goskins10and I were watching game 1 against philthy in  the Team bar here feeling awesome. 

That quickly faded. 

The kid turned out not to be "family oriented", which is the Riverboat philosophy. 

LET'S GOOOO!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

All the Haskins slob knobbing is absolutely blowing my mind. Did they not watch this guy? So now its all our fault that he sucked because he had a good preseason quarter? I need a place to talk about this...

Because of his draft pedigree he'll get a few years worth of second chances.

I hope for his sake he makes the most of them but history is against him.

He'll most likely get "josh rosen'd" in a couple of years.

• Thumb up 1

New gameday food at FedEx...

8 New Food Vendors to Try at Washington Football Team Games This Year

On Friday, August 20, FedEx Field will open at full capacity in Landover, Maryland, for Washington Football Team’s first home game of the preseason, against the Cincinnati Bengals. For the majority of the 2020 season, the team played in an empty stadium because of public health restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.

As part of an effort to improve the game day experience, WFT executives searched for small businesses they could recruit to open concessions stands in the stadium. In June, the football team invited a panel of local chefs, team executives, food writers, and influencers to the stadium to judge food vendors competing for a spot. As a result, the following eight restaurants will start selling mumbo sauce wings, quesabirria tacos, and fried shrimp and crab cake sandwiches during home games this season.

New food vendors at FedEx Field

KitchenCray (section 447): Chef J.R. Robinson’s Cajun and Caribbean-influenced soul food spot, which has restaurants in Lanham, Maryland, and H Street NE, will sell a crab cake BLT, mumbo wings, and lobster macaroni and cheese.

https://dc.eater.com/2021/8/19/22630369/new-concessions-food-fedex-field-washington-football-team-2021-season