Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)


Toe Jam

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, clietas said:

 

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. 

 

These kids related to him or something? 30 year old man with two teenage boys in his hotel room alone is disturbing to say the least.

Yea apparently one is related to him and the other (victim) was the friend.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do I like montez sweat as much if not a tad more than chase young?..just watched amazing highlights on YouTube that were of sweat and young...aaaaaand I think sweat is a tad better than chase..gets to the backfield faster than chase and has the stretch to bat the ball down...good lord our defense realy is going to be absolutely amazing..like 4 out of 7 plays will be either tackle for loss or a turnover...or batted passes..those are amazing stats.."and I'll take those numbers any day of the week"..what movie was that from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why do I like montez sweat as much if not a tad more than chase young?..just watched amazing highlights on YouTube that were of sweat and young...aaaaaand I think sweat is a tad better than chase..gets to the backfield faster than chase and has the stretch to bat the ball down...good lord our defense realy is going to be absolutely amazing..like 4 out of 7 plays will be either tackle for loss or a turnover...or batted passes..those are amazing stats.."and I'll take those numbers any day of the week"..what movie was that from?

Chase affects more plays not observed or recognized than anyone realizes. Very good against the run.  A true natural leader as well. Respectfully disagree and not even close to me, although Montez is a very good player. Chase is on another level in multiple phylums, to me anyway. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Chase affects more plays not observed or recognized than anyone realizes. Very good against the run.  A true natural leader as well. Respectfully disagree and not even close to me, although Montez is a very good player. Chase is on another level in multiple phylums, to me anyway. 

 

Yeah I agree with this, Chase is a more complete player. And when he gets that quick first step back he will be just as effective as a pass rusher. But Sweat does something this team has not done for decades and it really bothered me, he tips passes that sometimes turns into game ending turnovers.  

Oh yeah I can't stand Chris Russel either but it's all I can get up here some nights, and 630 goes to the national shows when I am out driving around for Lyft.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is a shame that the team is one of the four teams not to hit the 70% vaccination rate.  So much more protocol to deal with.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/07/16/washington-football-team-vaccination-rate/

 

With training camp less than two weeks away, the Washington Football Team’s player vaccination rate for the coronavirus remains below 50 percent, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

 

The Associated Press, which first reported the news, also said that roughly 70 percent of all NFL players are vaccinated and that Washington is one of only four teams, along with the Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts and Los Angeles Chargers, with less than half of the roster inoculated.

 

The lagging vaccination rate indicates that few, if any, Washington players have received a vaccine since June, when Coach Ron Rivera said the rate of players was “nearing 50 percent” but all coaches and football employees were vaccinated.

 

“The big thing is we’ve got to be able to facilitate the opportunity for these guys to understand,” Rivera told reporters at the time. “There’s a lot of messaging that’s out there. They get it on Twitter, and some of it is good, some of it is bad. I’m not sure if these guys watch the news as much as I do and try to gather enough information, but we are really trying to help them because if we can get to that herd immunity we can really cut it loose and really be able to spend time with each other.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

:229:The Rook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The Vaccine issue could totally derail the optimism for this year. I hope the dudes w/ doubts about getting it, get over their fear and just get it done. Because if not, we could be in for a big disappointment. 

 

Looking at how non-vaccinated individuals will impact things like social gathering, weight room attendees, eating, etc - it is easy to see how this could create some friction within the team.  At least Coach is trying to educate the team. 🤞

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-updated-covid-19-protocols-for-training-camp-preseason

Image

 

 

 

 

 

:229:The Rook

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@The Rook

 

Man I did not realize one of the conditions was no social/media/marketing & sponsorship opportunities….

 

I wonder if this means in general or the opportunities the Team may provide.

ie. Team sponsor wants to shoot a commercial w/ someone in particular and by not being vaxxed means he can’t do it. 
 

If it’s both from the team and sponsorship/marketing opportunities they may have on their own, then it definitely affects their wallet. 
 

If so, that’s taking $ out of their pockets. May provide some incentive for getting the shot. 
Hope they get w/ the program.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Rook said:

I think it is a shame that the team is one of the four teams not to hit the 70% vaccination rate.  So much more protocol to deal with.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/07/16/washington-football-team-vaccination-rate/

 

With training camp less than two weeks away, the Washington Football Team’s player vaccination rate for the coronavirus remains below 50 percent, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

 

The Associated Press, which first reported the news, also said that roughly 70 percent of all NFL players are vaccinated and that Washington is one of only four teams, along with the Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts and Los Angeles Chargers, with less than half of the roster inoculated.

 

The lagging vaccination rate indicates that few, if any, Washington players have received a vaccine since June, when Coach Ron Rivera said the rate of players was “nearing 50 percent” but all coaches and football employees were vaccinated.

 

“The big thing is we’ve got to be able to facilitate the opportunity for these guys to understand,” Rivera told reporters at the time. “There’s a lot of messaging that’s out there. They get it on Twitter, and some of it is good, some of it is bad. I’m not sure if these guys watch the news as much as I do and try to gather enough information, but we are really trying to help them because if we can get to that herd immunity we can really cut it loose and really be able to spend time with each other.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

:229:The Rook

 

These are such ridiculous times.  Worldwide pandemic hits, science wins, and half the country wont participate because people *who are vaccinated themselves* tell them not to.

 

We all knew it but we're one of the 4 dumbest teams in the league, officially.  Was hoping that followed Brucifer out the door.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the fact that we are no longer the Redskins put a huge damper, if not an end, to our rivalry with the Cowboys? 

The Cowboys vs Indians battle was such a great thing for all those years....sad, very sad. 

Wolves vs Cowboys just doesn't have the same appeal....I feel so sorry for our kids and so fortunate to have been a child of the 70's. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:19 PM, kingdaddy said:

Does the fact that we are no longer the Redskins put a huge damper, if not an end, to our rivalry with the Cowboys? 

The Cowboys vs Indians battle was such a great thing for all those years....sad, very sad. 

Wolves vs Cowboys just doesn't have the same appeal....I feel so sorry for our kids and so fortunate to have been a child of the 70's. 

The rivalry with the Cowboys hasn't really been a thing for years now. Our only big regular season game this generation was the 2012 season finale.

 

I can promise you just about any Dallas fan under the age of 40 doesn't even consider us a rival compared to the Eagles or Giants.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...