Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 8/25/2021 at 11:11 AM, skinsmarydu said:

I watch some drone challenges, they're pretty cool. 

Drones flying through hallways or tunnels is pretty cool and fun, until someone gets poked, and loses an eye

21 hours ago, London Kev said:

The site looks different somehow, but I don't know how exactly.

For one, it doesn't show my name any longer, under "users browsing this thread" when I'm this thread.

It made me question my existence and purpose in life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

For one, it doesn't show my name any longer, under "users browsing this thread" when I'm this thread.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. Right now it says "No registered users viewing this page", but I exist dammit! I post therefore I am.

I finally realised what else was different, the post-counts have been shortened and the little comments under peoples names have been removed (Water Boy, Ring of Fame, etc).

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 4:48 AM, ixcuincle said:

Tickets for the game tonight are 41 dollars at least.

It's a preseason game!!

Must be the Ravens factor. 

and this is why the stadium doesn't fill up.  What they should be doing is letting people go to these games for free.  There is no reason to pay 40 dollars for a ticket to a pre-season game plus parking costs.  None whatsoever...and those that did got rewarded by having to sit through a Ravens beat down. (which means nothing but that's not the point)  I considered taking the whole family to this game...but I'm glad I didn't. 

I don't like pissing my money away. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 12:42 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

What makes it even worse is, if George doesn't kiss Lorraine at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, your existence will be wiped out forever!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, spjunkies said:

It's hard to see her like this, but I'm glad it was put on video before it's too late. 

Thanks for providing this, great memories for me going back to Frank Howard when it was called DC Stadium, and the Longine (spell?) clock in right field.  

The snack bar still had the menu with prices. A beer costs $11, a lemonade was $10.  Maybe just maybe we should give Danny a break on price gauging.  But for some reason they had the best hotdogs, if you get it from the vendor it's been in the steam bath and the bun was nice and soft.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, thebluefood said:

Think I'm gonna go to the Saints game on Oct. 10 and I'd like to sit near the marching band. I'm not sure what section they sit in, though - any advice in that regard?

Good question, start with what's left of the bad, they got shrunk from what I saw i preseason games this year

On 9/2/2021 at 7:23 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Man this is so awesome. I loved that dick swinging confidence we had. You just knew we were winning every game. It was awesome. I feel bad that the younger fans will never know what it's like.

I still think that might have been the best of all of the Gibbs teams.  As Joe once said, it wasn't a question if they were going to win, it was a question as to how many points they would score, and how much they would win by.

Then they got shellacked by the Raiders in the SB.  Joe said he just played a bad game. Gibbs called a terrible play at the end of the half.

It's a pity.  Though that Raiders team was VERY good.  

4 SB appearances and 5 NFC Championship Game appearances between 1982 and 1991.  Take that to the bank and cash it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I still think that might have been the best of all of the Gibbs teams.  As Joe once said, it wasn't a question if they were going to win, it was a question as to how many points they would score, and how much they would win by.

Then they got shellacked by the Raiders in the SB.  Joe said he just played a bad game. Gibbs called a terrible play at the end of the half.

It's a pity.  Though that Raiders team was VERY good.  

4 SB appearances and 5 NFC Championship Game appearances between 1982 and 1991.  Take that to the bank and cash it.

I'm torn between the '83 team and '91. In '83 we were the defending champs and the way we rolled through the season it felt great to be rooting for a juggernaut.  But that '91 team appears on the greatest seasons lists for a reason, they were dominate from the opener to the final gun of the SB.  

• Like 2