Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Any pregame thoughts to share

Mine: Jay is not an exotic game planner IMO and expect no trickery or deception. I think he is going to try to run the ball, and that we will see Perine early if Kelley struggles.  Jay no matter how much he says he wants to run, will turn to the pass. But I expect rust from Cousins to start seasons, warranted or not. Crowder is not 100%, Pryor is still working out the timing with Kirk... Reed will get his targets, but dare I think Doctson is a fantasy sleeper today. 

Jay was very anxious to showcase him in the first game a year ago. I imagine he is even more anxious this time around.

Edited by RandyHolt

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, SWFLSkins said:

SWFL, Naples, Ft. Myers. .... ...... yeah I am boarding up tomm., got some other business to handle then preparing to run if no change in size, direction. 

In Central Fl. hoping my house survives. watching the game on RZ and GD thread, first game I missed since I was able to watch TV. 

Opportune sacks and turnovers that you can't rely on fooling people into thinking this defense has improved again, I see. Still atrocious on 3rd down, still give up big plays, still can't finish sacks and gave up big yards and TDs on broken plays as a result...not pretty most of the time. 

The D is definitely more talented, and made some well-timed plays today. But I'm not ready to say it's definitely better. 

Questions:

1). Will Blackmon returned most of the punts in preseason and we cut him. I kept reading where he was on the bubble all summer and wondered why we didn't have a punt returner out there in the case WB was cut? At the very least, if Crowder is your punt returner, put him out there and tell him to fair catch the ball if you're worried he might get hurt.

2). Why carry 4 tight ends if you're rarely going to go with multiple tight end sets? We should be running the ball better if we have 3 active TE's on game day. 

3) Why call the time out on 3rd and 10 with just over 2 mins to go before the half? We just scored and just gave the Eagles an extra time out by not stopping them on 3rd and 10. 

4). Why so much zone coverage? We fans are so tired of this type of coverage....The Eagles brought much more pressure than we did and often times were timing Cousing cadence perfectly. 

5). Why don't we move Cousins around more rather than leaving him sit in the pocket for defenders to go after? When he moves around and has the run option he's actually pretty effective.

No panic here but I can see why the Skins are hesitant to pay KC....there are some nice looking QB's playing in college right now. KC has now lost his last 3 home games, all with significant meaning. He is what he is....he's not going to win games for us on his ability like the top tier QB's do and he's not worth the money he earns this year or thinks he's worth next year. We are at a serious crossroads with our QB situation. 

Edited by kingdaddy
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Eagles were practically a dumpster fire a few years ago. Spent a ton on free agency only to see it fail miserably. Their idiotic coach (Chip Kelly) got rid of all of their blue chip players (Maclin, DeSean and McCoy), spent a ton of money on Bradford and the back up QB, DeMarco Murray and 20 other running backs and yet here we are. They somehow (it's still early, I know) have their QB of the future and are trending upwards. How the hell did they possibly right the ship so quickly and we're still treading water.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Redskins were robbed at a chance to redeem themselves at the end.... that ref was new, right?

I'm not sure if he was new but didn't look familiar to me.  Besides his "gut" call at the end, his crew put on a ****show the entire game.  Not that I think it had much bearing on our ineptitude but a ****show none the less.

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

FedEx Field sucks.  The stadium sucks, the field condition sucks, the amount of opposing fans sucks.

They need something more modern for sure.

Like the brand new, roof-still-doesn't-work Mercedes-Benz?  Gonna lmfao if it gets ripped apart by storm winds...BECAUSE THE ROOF STILL DOESN'T WORK. 

I'll laugh even harder if SunTrust, the new Braves stadium that can't even fill every seat giving tickets away, gets blown out.  (I could go on about how they gave tix to FL evacuees while we were playing the Marlins, and some knucklehead in charge played "Rock You Like A Hurricane", and how tasteless ATL can be, but I won't.)

On 9/10/2017 at 9:04 PM, dyst said:

The Eagles were practically a dumpster fire a few years ago. Spent a ton on free agency only to see it fail miserably. Their idiotic coach (Chip Kelly) got rid of all of their blue chip players (Maclin, DeSean and McCoy), spent a ton of money on Bradford and the back up QB, DeMarco Murray and 20 other running backs and yet here we are. They somehow (it's still early, I know) have their QB of the future and are trending upwards. How the hell did they possibly right the ship so quickly and we're still treading water.

We most certainly did not; they seem to have...sigh.  It's always Groundhog day for us.  

Image result for they chose wisely

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there...ya know..fishin..anyone out east heading out here to the west to watch the skins rams game and just by chance have an extra ticket feel like picking me up on the way..?..I can drive..plenty of experience..and provide an extra die hard true blue skins fan to the crown that has a good time but keeps things responsible and respectful..haha...anyone have an idea what tickets for good seats go for?

Random Thought: I like what Tony Romo brings to the broadcast booth. Him calling out plays during that first game was pretty amazing. If we're going to hear guys talk, it's so much better when the viewer can actually learn something from it.

If the 'Skins lose on Sunday to the Rams, and specifically if the offense does jack diddly squat, I want every single reporter to ask Gruden why the hell he didn't find a way to hire Phillips as DC in 2015 instead of that fool Barry.  And then didn't find a way to hire him again in 2017 and let him go with boy wonder to the Rams.

I seriously think the chances of the 'Skins being out-coached is like 98%.  We might have more talent, but I am willing to bet that McVay on offense has a leg up on Manusky, and Phillips is going to make Jay his ****. (Which he's done virtually every time the two have met.)

I am not optimistic this week. I used to think we'd win every week, now I am close to thinking we will lose every week. Our best hope is that Manusky pressures Goff (without the L) early and often and our D leads us to victory.   I don't want any respect shown to McVay or Goff or their wideouts. They are a bunch of punks. We almost made the playoffs.  Press / tight man with aggressive blitzing fronts. Dont let Sean get into a rhythm. I wonder if McVay comes out in hurry up to slow down our new fangled DL.

If our offense remains lackluster and Jay references the offense never getting into a rhythm, I hope a reporter asks him why doesn't he try hurry up, if rhythm is so important.  Or if our run game sucks, why not try Perine or Brown. Rob Kelley's last 7 games? 94 / 310 for a paltry 3.3 per.  Yes we have a slight upgrade at WR blocking BFD - the real problem is the OL the back or play calling.

• Like 1