Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Great column by Brewer that is worth your time:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-jay-gruden-is-a-problem-solver-his-latest-problem-restoring-fans-faith/2017/08/26/30b876bc-89c1-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.ec34f11d12ba

Here's the 1st paragraph

There’s nothing so wrong with the Washington Redskins this preseason that a little trust wouldn’t alleviate it. Look around the NFL, and the Redskins are just the typical team bumbling through glorified practices and struggling to balance urgency with injury risk. The fact that their problems inspire such worry serves as another sad reminder that public confidence remains scarce, even three years into a resourceful coach’s solid rebuilding effort.

It's good to know that respected NFL Observers aren't hyperventilating like us fans.

At this point, it is important to remember that ours isn't the only team looking to get into a groove.  Things will be ok.

(Now go ahead and attack)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Diehard Otis said:

You're right.  And that's on the Sports Page's editor - I saw that.  But as a rule, I do not edit any content I quote (it's downright mischievous!).

:ols:  I'm a little nutty about stuff like that...some folks just over-word.  Leave off the last "it", and it's correct. :ols:

• Like 1

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

:ols:  I'm a little nutty about stuff like that...some folks just over-word.  Leave off the last "it", and it's correct. :ols:

@skinsmarydu We are kindred spirits indeed!  It bugged the heck outta me too!  And Brewer's a good writer, so I was surprised to see such an obvious error.  

Again, that's on his editor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

@skinsmarydu We are kindred spirits indeed!  It bugged the heck outta me too!  And Brewer's a good writer, so I was surprised to see such an obvious error.  

Again, that's on his editor.

A simple hint from our childhood.  (I went back through all of these, and holy cow!)  I'm gonna have to set aside some time to rewatch all of 'em.  This is from the new(est) version, I think.

So sorry for the OT...but it doesn't matter in which forum we learn. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Winston Churchill once put a preposition at the end of a sentence and was called to task for it. As the story goes, Churchill replied, "That's the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I would hope and expect to see Doctson play the whole final pre season game...hell against second stringers or not I would like to see all the starters especially on offense play at least the whole first half...with the combination of new receivers and different o coordinator lord knows they need more work..

One rule cahnge i think they need to explore based off of the Jamison crowder catch near the goal line sunday.

If the bengals had challenged the play there's a good chance it could have been overturned as he lost control and the ball touched the ground. 

The reason he lost control was due to helmet to helmet contact. 

I don't think a play should be reversible off of an illegal hit.

Wow did it bring tears to anybody else's eyes with JJ Watt doing his spill in front of the media? That man looks like the possible future governor of Texas, I had no idea how severe it was down south there. So for anybody involved or anybody down there or who have family there or anybody affected by this at all from the Taylor's up in the northwest to those in the south thoughts and prayers go out to you... and when I say I had no idea no we don't live under rocks up here in the northwest I don't go to Facebook at all I don't even go to any news source at all on my phone I know I sound like a broken record everybody's heard this for years but I use the internet on my phone for football stuff really only and to Google information that I need to know about certain things. 

I actually Googled the severity of the storm in Houston yesterday and couldn't believe what I seen. I have two very nice huge TVs and I do not have cable at all I do the Internet movie TV watching thingy...loved watt and his contributions again thoughts and prayers those effected..oh and  real nice to see the city of our rivaled cowboys reach out like they have and I'm sure continue to do!

• Thanks 1

Oh, hello Irma. It may be round 2, unfortunately. It's a long ways off and it may become no concern for the US, but conditions are favorable for a big one and possible east coast impact.  This forecast model is for Sept 9th.

Folks may need their galoshes ponchos and arc for the Eagles game. 

gfs_mslp_wind_eus_41.png&key=1b91a6a0965

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FtheCHIVE%2Fvideos%2F10155769680711742%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

@JaxJoe I was thinking the same thing. The best we can hope for is another team just hoping to not have to deal with other teams trying to stake a claim and wanting to give Carrier a look, by offering up a guy they are going to cut. The likelihood of that I consider very small. With the high number of cuts now coming so late in camp, it's like trying to stumble upon your soulmate at Woodstock. Sober.

There are 1184 cuts coming and other GMs have to guess at who may be available.  At this point short of a recent injury, teams will likely just wait for us to dump him.  Nice try though, trying to recoup that draft pick we used to get him.  Of course, we were desperate for TE help after a run of injuries.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Oh, hello Irma. It may be round 2, unfortunately. It's a long ways off and it may become no concern for the US, but conditions are favorable for a big one and possible east coast impact.  This forecast model is for Sept 9th.

Folks may need their galoshes ponchos and arc for the Eagles game. 

That picture is wildly inaccurate right now.

Also, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are USA damn it and are definitely going to get crushed.  

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That picture is wildly inaccurate right now.

Also, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are USA damn it and are definitely going to get crushed.  

Time will tell how accurate that 10 day still frame of a model run is. There is a lot of speculation, including that Maine takes it on the chin. I presume you live in or have ties to our southern most territories.  This gif is not inaccurate, unfortunately. 

avn-animated-3_1_orig.gif

Spaghetti models

DIg2V5mUEAA4N6A.jpg