Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

34 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

@JaxJoe I was thinking the same thing. The best we can hope for is another team just hoping to not have to deal with other teams trying to stake a claim and wanting to give Carrier a look, by offering up a guy they are going to cut. The likelihood of that I consider very small. With the high number of cuts now coming so late in camp, it's like trying to stumble upon your soulmate at Woodstock. Sober.

There are 1184 cuts coming and other GMs have to guess at who may be available.  At this point short of a recent injury, teams will likely just wait for us to dump him.  Nice try though, trying to recoup that draft pick we used to get him.  Of course, we were desperate for TE help after a run of injuries.

Well, I'm not holding my breath.  I bet the Cam Erving trade to the Chiefs is a 6th or 7th rounder next year and Cam was a 1st rounder just a couple years ago.  Granted he has shown very little potential so far, he could groomed to be a decent back-up.  Whereas Carrier has shown he can play in the NFL and be a decent backup ad play Teams, I seriously doubt we could get anything; not even a ham sandwich.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Acquire-OL-Cameron-Erving-in-Trade-with-Browns-/2237c01a-a0f2-4538-a8ea-4dbd739550bf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FtheCHIVE%2Fvideos%2F10155769680711742%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Damn it. This is funny. Someone make this work. :rofl89:

Holy smokes @Koolblue13, hell yes you are already in "likely" territory.  It is unusual for a cane to lose significant latitude, but this one is forecast to do so, which puts you at significant risk. Let's all hope for an early northern turn and it misses you and the entire eastern seaboard.  Every model has it turning north, so its just a matter of when.

DIhHeICUMAAjQzi.jpg

The original picture I posted reflects Irma much farther along - specifically that very thick line of spaghetti models blue-->red-->green off the east coast. I have never seen so thick a blob of spaghetti lines all together like that, this far out. 

Thanks for those images wow...is it that time of season or what...best wishes to ya kb....I know now probably isn't the best o times to flaunt it but up here where were at it's the greatest weather in the nation..no where is it better... I've never been to the southeast,Florida what have you but it looks gorgeous down in those areas..when the weather is primo it can't be beat I bet...south west heat wayyy to hot buuagggg..upper north west to wet..southern Rockies western plains I guess o.k...I can only imagine what it's like to be in those severely hit areas by major storms..sooo again wow, to ANYBODY in those areas where you go through what ever it is you go through(my wife shares stories with me that she seen on facebook and the one she mentioned last night I won't repeat but it was devastating).best wishes and prayers from us...this.. here...I call HOME extremeskins is where I do it all...so thanks everybody.

Yeah, pretty much all I've been paying attention to the last day. This **** is blowing the **** up too.

Fun fact, the letter "I" leads all retired named storms since 2004. 

I can't begin to explain how badly this island was devastated by Hugo 30 years ago. It'll be horrific. 

• Sad 4

**** yeah it is, Cat 2 already.  I just tried to locate St Croix in the spaghetti model... couldn't find it, buried under all spaghetti lines. :(

You are obviously in the know about Irma but TAI there is in depth discussion here - very technical but can also be a great source for timely info, including afterwards.

Edited by RandyHolt

The latest consensus now thinks Irma will head WNW at 50W, subject to change of course with every model run. This is very far out, and all models have their faults. Check out the latest Model Forecasts / ensembles (down and to the right) over at Tropical Tidbit.

If you really want to delve into maps, click forecast models at the top, poke around, and always make sure to animate.

@Koolblue13 Hopefully Irma blows by without issue

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The latest consensus now thinks Irma will head WNW at 50W, subject to change of course with every model run. This is very far out, and all models have their faults. Check out the latest Model Forecasts / ensembles (down and to the right) over at Tropical Tidbit.

If you really want to delve into maps, click forecast models at the top, poke around, and always make sure to animate.

@Koolblue13 Hopefully Irma blows by without issue

No automatic alt text available.

• Sad 1

Helps a lot, but there is nothing to know until around tomorrow night.

This is the fun part. The high pressure front wants to pull it north and away from us and hopefully out to see. However, it also powers it up and if it's strong enough, it will power through that front and stay westernly.

Hope this is the correct thread for this question:

I'm looking for a 'skins shirt that doesn't use the logo or team name (please, no debating the issue here). 

I'm a 'skins fan living in Cincinnati, and here we have several local tshirt store that make local sports team themed shirts using colors and other likeness affiliated with the team without actually using the name Cincinnati Reds or Bengals. 

Are there any shops like this in the DMV? I'm coming into town for the Raiders' game and I'd love to stop into a local tshirt shop and see if they've got any unofficial team-related apparel that doesn't use the name or logo. 

I've found this online, but looking for others: https://www.sneekis.com/collections/frontpage

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by jskins11

Discovered a clip from the "Football Life" episode for Ed Sabol and it reminded me how influential his company was in shaping professional football's place in the national consciousnesses. When I think about the imagery of pro football, it's through the NFL Films' lens, not a live TV broadcast or my own eye.   

Watching the VT-WVU game further convinces me that the lack of crowd noise at FedEx has absolutely nothing to do with stadium design. College football fans simply know how to make noise, Even the outnumbered WVU fans are creating more noise than a home 'Skins crowd does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Watching the VT-WVU game further convinces me that the lack of crowd noise at FedEx has absolutely nothing to do with stadium design. College football fans simply know how to make noise, Even the outnumbered WVU fans are creating more noise than a home 'Skins crowd does.

Without a doubt. Plus it seems like most people have a deeper connection with their college team - especially if they went there. Lost my voice more than a few times at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, during good and bad years.

(Lord knows this is looking like a bad year for the ECU Pirates).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I agree. I was there for Boise/ VT and couldn't hear my friends sitting next to me it was deafening 

• Like 1

Keep @Koolblue13 in your thoughts, as Irma strengthens at this time. Hopefully this bypasses him and myself and goes into the Gulf to die, which seems like wishful thinking at this point. 

When I think about it, I could quite easily miss my first NFCE matchup ever, Opening day ever, 2nd Skins game ever. Sunday seems to be a critical day for us here.  

33 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Keep @Koolblue13 in your thoughts, as Irma strengthens at this time. Hopefully this bypasses him and myself and goes into the Gulf to die, which seems like wishful thinking at this point. 

Yep.

The Gulf of Mexico is warm like bath water this time of year. That is what hurricanes feed off of.

The last thing it will do is die.

Right now, Florida up to the southeast coast of South Carolina are what they are looking at.

irma-forecast-e1504581024408.png?w=704

Edited by SkinsGuy