Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

11 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

If they can't make a decision on Elliot soon, he may play week 1 and then his 6 game suspension will include the 'Skins game!!!!!!!  Can we stop AlMo?

First!    Now that he is playing week 1, I am guessing they will reduce it to a 5 game suspension. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

First!    Now that he is playing week 1, I am guessing they will reduce it to a 5 game suspension. 

Exactly what I said would happen when I saw the news break. No shot we get blessed by the football gods to play a weakened Dalass team. History would suggest he gets it dropped to a 4 or 5 game just in time to take out his aggression towards the league out on the Redskins nose-less defensive line.

• Like 1

Besides the fact the NFL would like him to play against the Skins (rivalry and all). Personally I would like to beat them with a full roster so I wouldn't mind but at the same time, I'll take any help we can get since this team is pathetically inconsistent.

17 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

**** so my 38-14 iggles win shouldn't be to far off?

That's my prediction.  38-14 or 38-17. Been on the record with that for about 3 weeks.  

17 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Yeah, I remember him being the quarterback of the team but awhile back, I did a quick search to see how the season turned out for everyone else but the Patriots, Falcons, and Redskins (as I said, I was really out of the loop) and there they were...the 12-4 Oakland Raiders. 

Was really hard reconciling that and the phrase "starting quarterback Derek Carr" but hey - he had 28 TDs to 6 INTs and was pushing 4,000 yards. 

Carr was an MVP candidate for most of the year. He played exceptionally well, and was super clutch.  Then he got hurt (I think he broke his leg), and if I'm not mistaken, the backup went down too (I could be making that up), and they just had absolutely no hope in the playoffs.  

Pity, I really do hate it when a team's best player goes down late and that essentially ends their season.  But you see how important the QB is.

And yeah, they are moving to Las Vegas.  I think in 2020 after the stadium is built. I've spent more time in Vegas than any other city except DC.  They are going to be my AFC team. 

15 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Where are you, I'm in Tampa and I'm not liking those projected paths.

I would suggest editing your post and removing the image.  It's against the rules to quote an image.  Don't get on the wrong side of Mod Law.  

12 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Elliot's ban was upheld so he gets the full 6 games but he's allowed to play week one.

Looks like we caught a break.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20595771/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-six-game-suspension-upheld

I've heard that there is a hearing with a judge on Friday, and that things might change, but this is what it looks like at the moment.  

10 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

That would be a good way for Mara to screw with us.  But I'm not sure he has a lot of sway on this.  If Elliot plays week 1, that's bad for the Giants.  

9 hours ago, dyst said:

Besides the fact the NFL would like him to play against the Skins (rivalry and all). Personally I would like to beat them with a full roster so I wouldn't mind but at the same time, I'll take any help we can get since this team is pathetically inconsistent.

I don't think Goodell cares about screwing with the 'Skins or a 'Skins vs. Dallas matchup as much as he does not changing his mind.  He's said 6 games, and by God that's what he wants, come hell or high water.  

4 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

With Zeke Elliott playing in the Giants game he will be suspended games 2-8.  He will miss the first game vs the Redskins.  Interesting it worked out that way.  No way it could be related to the 1st opening day game, and money, vs the Gboy's....nahhhh, no way.  I like it though. Hail

I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than Goodell is a **** and it took time for the Courts to uphold the fact that he is a ****.  

The players really need to get their heads out of their asses and figure out how to negotiate a better collective bargaining agreement.  

If I was the union, I would do the following:

1. Fire D. Smith.  He's a dumb ass, and, for better or worse, he has a terrible relationship with Goodell, so there's really no chance at a good negotiation.  

2. Write down the top 5 things that they want to get out of the negotiations that are not money related.  I would assume they would be (in some order)

- Better healthcare coverage for longer after retirement

- Reduction in Goodell's disciplinary authority

- Relaxation of the Pot rules

- Other (reduction in pre-season games, staying with 

3. Start asking the highest paid players to contribute more money to the war chest starting NOW. They need to have enough money to pay all players a good living wage for a full year.  See if they can negotiate with the top 10% of earners to not take a share of the war chest so that they can hold out longer.  

4. Determine what you are willing to give up in order to get what you want.  Is it a percent or two of revenue?  Dunno.  But you can't go into the negotiations only asking and not being willing to give up something.  Negotiation means give or take.

5. Be willing to sit out a season plus.  Here's the thing: IF you have done everything and are prepared to sit out a season plus, and make it clear that you are prepared to do so, then chances are you won't have to.  But if you're not ready and able to, then the owners will bleed you into submission.  

2 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

LOL, I went from my great Gibbs to the Vin, just how I feel about this offseason now after Scot and Su'a.

Somehow this team has managed to employee the least qualified GM (Vinny), Coach (Zorn), and DC (Barry) in the NFL over the last 10 years.

I dare anybody to find me a more unqualified person at any position for any team than those 3 bozos.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Lions at one point had Matt Miillen, Rod Marinelli, and Joe Barry. Marinelli was an awful HC but is actually a decent assistant but Milen and Barry were incompetent buffoons.

Yeah, that's true.  

But let's tease this out just a bit, I think that we can determine that the 'Skins actually had it worse than the Lions overall.  

Millen vs. Vinny.  Both were fools.  Vinny probably gets the nod for me because not only did he draft poorly, but he also over-spent on FAs. and made trades that made absolutely no sense (a second for Jason Taylor? Really?)  Millen typically just drafted WR busts in the first round. And had no idea how to build a roster. But they didn't load up the way Vinny did.  Also, Vinny picked Zorn, which was a total catastrophe from the word go.  Zorn wasn't even a coordinator. But they couldn't find anybody even remotely competent to work with Vinny, so we got Zorn. Millen selected Marinelli, who was, at the very least, a good coordinator, before and after.  

I'm going to say both are bottom 2 over the past 30 years, but Vinny takes the title as "worst" by a nose.  And that cackle...

Marinelli vs. Zorn.  there's no comparison.  Marinelli is a good coach, just a bad HC.  That happens.  He wasn't a bad hire, and he's still in the league and well respected as a coach. Jim Zorn hasn't been a coach at any level in any way since 2012, as far as I know.  He was an ok QB coach, and a horrible everything else.  Zorn also called the swinging gate, BACK TO BACK!.  Marinelli, for all his flaws, wasn't an idiot or dope.  Smart guy, good coach, bad HC.  Zorn is worse by far.

Barry vs. Barry. Obvious tie. You would think that he would have learned something from his first stint as DC.  Clearly not.  He's got to be the worst DC in the last 30 years statistically.  And why Captain Yuk Yuk Yuk (aka Coach Gruden) and President Allen decided that it was a good idea to hire him is a great cosmic mystery.  

The Lions having all three of the bozos at the same time is a good argument, but compared on their merits, the 'Skins had worse choices individually.  Except for Barry, which clearly was an awful tie, since he was in both places.  

My 'Skins vs. Rams tickets arrived in the mail yesterday......Can't wait.   My daughters will get to visit some in-laws in SoCal they have never before (daughters are an almost 6 year old and just turned 2 year old), and they ordered the Canelo vs. GGG fight that Saturday night before the game.  Should be a fun weekend. Might hit Roscoe's for a post-game meal!

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The Lions at one point had Matt Miillen, Rod Marinelli, and Joe Barry. Marinelli was an awful HC but is actually a decent assistant but Milen and Barry were incompetent buffoons.

Joe Barry is married to Marinelli's daughter, to anyone wondering how he got his first big gig. 0-16. Priceless.  

@Koolblue13 After you dry off you and your team, report back to your station!