Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

13 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

If they can't make a decision on Elliot soon, he may play week 1 and then his 6 game suspension will include the 'Skins game!!!!!!!  Can we stop AlMo?

I think it'll be primarily McFadden if Elliott can't go, but Alfred will get touches. With our run D and Dallas' O-line, any of their tailbacks are dangerous. We just have to get stops on 3rd down and get in the end zone when we have the ball instead of settling for FGs. 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

Dan T. does the look-a-like thread.

This post reminds me of a morbid thought that I have some times.  If something happened to me, no one on this board would ever know.  There would just never be another post from ILikeBilly.  My wife would never think to come on here and post something about my lifetime love the the 'Skins..... I would just be gone.

I live on the west coast, so haven't met any of you at tailgates.....  Okay, it isn't even a Monday. 

I will be tail gating at the rams game...  Maybe I will see someone from here.  I will be wearing my new "Straight outta Washington" tee shirt.  It seems appropriate for a game in Compton/LA.

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Like 2

I have never seen our fan base this negative before the season even began.  We missed a playoff sport by 1 game last year.  I think we had a good draft (really don't know for about three years).  I believe we are a better team, but we shall see.  Go to the "Predict the season record" thread.  Long time members have totally given up before a single snap of real football.  Maybe that's how it will all pan out; I don't know.  But to throw in the towel before anything real actually transpires is the damnedest thing I've ever seen.  It's really just sad.  How about we watch a game, two, or even three before we start ****ing.  I know we will, as we have turned into "that" kind of fan-base apparently, but goodness, at least try to go into the season with the hope, however faint, of some success. My fellow fans have turned into a bunch of damn Eeyore's.  It's almost like we enjoy being negative in some convoluted way. I am just a glass half full guy I guess.  I hope everybody can derive some enjoyment in the upcoming season in some way. Sorry for the rant-just tired of the constant unending bombardment of negativity surrounding everything Redskins.  It's hard being a Redskins fan but I have no choice....it's in my DNA somehow.  Hail 

^ wondering why the fans are so negative right now? Hmm, idk, maybe it's due to just how COMPLETELY horrible our starting offense looked all preseason (except for like 1 quarter)? Maybe it's because one of our draft picks from two drafts ago was contemptlating retirement? Maybe its cause we don't even know how much longer our QB will be in DC? 

Just an idea of why most here are negative right now. 

Personally I agree with you in that I'm going to wait at least a few games before getting negative. But others already doing that right now, I don't blame them. 

6 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I have never seen our fan base this negative before the season even began.  We missed a playoff sport by 1 game last year.  I think we had a good draft (really don't know for about three years).  I believe we are a better team, but we shall see.  Go to the "Predict the season record" thread.  Long time members have totally given up before a single snap of real football.  Maybe that's how it will all pan out; I don't know.  But to throw in the towel before anything real actually transpires is the damnedest thing I've ever seen.  It's really just sad.  How about we watch a game, two, or even three before we start ****ing.  I know we will, as we have turned into "that" kind of fan-base apparently, but goodness, at least try to go into the season with the hope, however faint, of some success. My fellow fans have turned into a bunch of damn Eeyore's.  It's almost like we enjoy being negative in some convoluted way. I am just a glass half full guy I guess.  I hope everybody can derive some enjoyment in the upcoming season in some way. Sorry for the rant-just tired of the constant unending bombardment of negativity surrounding everything Redskins.  It's hard being a Redskins fan but I have no choice....it's in my DNA somehow.  Hail 

I see what you are saying.  But 20 years of "more" negative then positive from the team has just beaten us down.  Think about just a few thing that have already happened negatively since the offseason began (fired McG, Hired another "glory days" guy, our QB is still hanging in the wind, the only true NT we had is out for the year, lost both starting WRs, still can't run the ball on short yardage, players quitting, etc.).  Nothing since 1992 that this team has done in hindsight, makes any fan believe "this is the year they turn it around and make a run."  We'll be mediocre to suck most likely. It's par for the course, so naturally there is nothing to be excited about.

• Like 1

Not a Redskins related question but I pretty much missed the entire 2016 season (was working a lot, relationship going south, etc.) so the only game I really got to follow closely was the Super Bowl. 

With that in mind: what the hell happened with the Raiders last year? They won 12 games and went to the playoffs after going 7-9 in 2015? Was this a fluke or are they actually building and preparing for the future? Usually, teams on their way out of a city don't do too well ('83 Colts were awful, '95 Browns under-performed, '96 Oilers were middle of the road,etc.) and unless something big's happened recently, it's my understanding the Raiders are on their way out of Oakland for a second time. 

It's been said before but HBO must be pissed they haven't been able to Hard Knocks the Redskins yet. 

1. Missing the playoffs by one (1) game, against a division foe that wanted to lose and we couldn't beat them.

2. The lol worthy search for a defensive coordinator, only to realize we already have the wizard on our own staff, the staff that finished near last in defense.

3. The debacle with Scott the GM (or was he just a scout) and is he an alcoholic?

4. The lol worthy search for a new GM (or is he also just a scout), only to realize we already have the wizard in our own building and happens to be a former player.

5. The draft, which went surprisingly well at least on paper. The drafting of a stud defensive lineman from the area.

6. The contract negotiations with Kirk, lets be honest, him and his agent have us cornered. Great management there, would make for awesome tv.

7. Our players looking like studs in practice but then in preseason looking like turds

8. No running game to speak of

9. Kirk looks awful

10. Pryor drops passes like he's trying to out do Rod Gardner

11. NT Phil Taylor goes down. Awe darn, who didn't see that coming

12. Our best player (Reed) is hurt again.

13. Speaking of again, both Galette and Doctson are hurt....again. But boy do they look good when it doesn't count.

14. Our 2nd rounder Anderson, goes down...never to be heard from again probably

15. Cut down day comes and we axe our 3rd string QB (who was starter material just a month or two ago) only to have him sign with our game 1 opponent.

15. The rest of cut down day is drama free save for our 2nd rounder from last year wanting to retire at 22.

That's just this year. Forget Hard Knocks, they should just do one specifically for the Redskins. It's like taking candy from a baby. The script would write itself. You know it's true.

Edited by dyst
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I see what you are saying.  But 20 years of "more" negative then positive from the team has just beaten us down.  Think about just a few thing that have already happened negatively since the offseason began (fired McG, Hired another "glory days" guy, our QB is still hanging in the wind, the only true NT we had is out for the year, lost both starting WRs, still can't run the ball on short yardage, players quitting, etc.).  Nothing since 1992 that this team has done in hindsight, makes any fan believe "this is the year they turn it around and make a run."  We'll be mediocre to suck most likely. It's par for the course, so naturally there is nothing to be excited about.

I get all of what you are saying too.  I've been a fan since '71 and have seen so many ups & downs over the years.  I DO see things to be excited about however, at least to me.  Do you realize we have 11 players under 23 and only 5 over 30?  It may be painful but I love the youth movement.  At least 6 will be key players.  Yes we've had injuries as every team will. Yes Kirk did not get signed.  Embarrassing departure (handling) of our GM.  The Cravens saga.  I honestly don't even know what we have yet until this coming Sunday. However I'm still pumped to see our new guys play. Yes I've even been excited in years after 1992 too.  I'm just wired differently I know, but I can't wait for the season to start & see the real bullets fly for better or worse.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Not a Redskins related question but I pretty much missed the entire 2016 season (was working a lot, relationship going south, etc.) so the only game I really got to follow closely was the Super Bowl. 

With that in mind: what the hell happened with the Raiders last year? They won 12 games and went to the playoffs after going 7-9 in 2015? Was this a fluke or are they actually building and preparing for the future? Usually, teams on their way out of a city don't do too well ('83 Colts were awful, '95 Browns under-performed, '96 Oilers were middle of the road,etc.) and unless something big's happened recently, it's my understanding the Raiders are on their way out of Oakland for a second time. 

Derek Carr went down..that's what happened.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Derek Carr went down..that's what happened.

Yeah, I remember him being the quarterback of the team but awhile back, I did a quick search to see how the season turned out for everyone else but the Patriots, Falcons, and Redskins (as I said, I was really out of the loop) and there they were...the 12-4 Oakland Raiders. 

Was really hard reconciling that and the phrase "starting quarterback Derek Carr" but hey - he had 28 TDs to 6 INTs and was pushing 4,000 yards. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was actually rooting for them, Patriots hate is strong here.  :nono:

Good god I hate the patriots...realy hate em...I was Hoping to see the raiders knock em out but...Derek Carr went down...

Anyone remember what happened the last time the chiefs played the pats week one of the season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, SWFLSkins said:

I've got till Wed. to make a decision. Stay or Go. 

Where are you, I'm in Tampa and I'm not liking those projected paths.

Edited by jschuck12001
Removed quoted picture, sorry I forgot.