Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

4 hours ago, dyst said:

Question for those that might have an answer.

When the mods put out a warning inside a thread, is there a way to quickly find that information out? 

Sometimes I enter a thread without reading every post inside it, and can easily miss a warning posted 10 posts up.

Good rule of thumb is to read every post before being quick to respond. 

The benefits are twofold. First, you avoid adding to the redundancy of any given thread and repeating what's likely been said a bunch of times already. Second, you avoid the problem you're mentioning here. 

Now, it's not always easy to do that, especially in mega threads, and sometimes you just want to respond to someone who quoted you and have no desire to see everything else... but it's something you want to make a habit of otherwise. 

The warning I initially put up @'d everyone involved thus far, which sends an automatic notification. Sometimes we'll quote everyone involved which has the same effect. But there's no fool proof way of doing it on our side outside of locking a thread temporarily to let the warning sit for a while, which isn't a great solution in and of itself.    

• Like 1

So... Eagles beat the Army Ants on a 61-yard FG with a guy who was on the streets when the season started... we have to pray we don't hit a goal post and hold our breathe on a 40-yard we no matter who our K is. Not sure who I was rooting for today... but I love when Mara loses, so I'm happy with how much that must have stung after such a nice comeback.

10 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

So... Eagles beat the Army Ants on a 61-yard FG with a guy who was on the streets when the season started... we have to pray we don't hit a goal post and hold our breathe on a 40-yard we no matter who our K is. Not sure who I was rooting for today... but I love when Mara loses, so I'm happy with how much that must have stung after such a nice comeback.

The same street kid missed a 56 yarder earlier in the game though. ;)

If he hadn't missed that the iggles fan would have not been holding their breaths until the last 1 second of the game...lol

9 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

I was torn, both outcomes would be acceptable.  The Giants falling to 0-3 basically eliminates them from the playoffs (they have something like a 3% chance now).  But a Giants win, keeps both them and Eagles at 1-2.  And if Dallas loses, they are at 1-2, so it keeps us on par with the rest of the division with a loss or a one game lead with a win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I was torn, both outcomes would be acceptable.  The Giants falling to 0-3 basically eliminates them from the playoffs (they have something like a 3% chance now).  But a Giants win, keeps both them and Eagles at 1-2.  And if Dallas loses, they are at 1-2, so it keeps us on par with the rest of the division with a loss or a one game lead with a win.

I'd rather one team get knocked out and that's essentially what's happened to the Giants. The Eagles may be 2-1 but they're beatable. Lot of football left to play.

Looking at today's scores, I think this is gonna be one of those years a 9-7 or 10-6 team goes on a run and wins it all. I mean the Chiefs and Falcons look legit great, and I think the Lions are real good too, but beyond that? Who knows.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

I would have been OK if the Giants had won standings wise, but I'm happy that Mara's stinkin football team lost. There were a lot of upsets today... hope it carries on tonight.

I'm not really sure where to place this, but I think the Redskins should seriously consider hiring Tony Romo as a QB coach or something. Did anyone hear him in the booth yesterday? His knowledge of the game is so refreshing to hear coming from the broadcasters especially when compared to sorry Phil Simms. 

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm not really sure where to place this, but I think the Redskins should seriously consider hiring Tony Romo as a QB coach or something. Did anyone hear him in the booth yesterday? His knowledge of the game is so refreshing to hear coming from the broadcasters especially when compared to sorry Phil Simms. 

That's just it.  We love to hate to love him.    :dallas_sucks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's just it.  We love to hate to love him.    :dallas_sucks:

People have actually complained about his broadcasting because he predicts too many plays and they say he ruins the game for them. He is really good and someone is going to put him on their coaching staff if he wants the job. It would stick it to Dallas to see him in Redskins gear coaching up our QBs. He was ripping Dalton for not seeing presnap reads Sunday, I can't wait for him to do an Eli game.

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

*MODS: Please RELOCATE My Response to 'The TAILGATE' - ASAP; In Order to Comply with 'ES Rules'!

Thank You.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:54 PM, Taylorcooley1 said:

So what is the point of players taking a knee for the National Anthem?...why do they do it?...type the words to the National Anthem and tell me what words are said that make them take a knee..what is the point of the song?

*As a Vietnam-Era Navy Veteran (NavSecGru/NacSpecWar-Attached), I ABHOR 'STANZA #3'!!!

✊??????????

https://youtu.be/LEl9gUOgvZQ

Edited by OlufemiBiz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OlufemiBiz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*MODS: Please RELOCATE My Response to 'The TAILGATE' - ASAP; In Order to Comply with 'ES Rules'!

Thank You.

*As a Vietnam-Era Navy Veteran (NavSecGru/NacSpecWar-Attached), I ABHOR 'STANZA #3'!!!

✊??????????

https://youtu.be/LEl9gUOgvZQ

I doubt the mods will move it, but you can always edit yourself at any time.  (And you might really want to do that.)

On 9/24/2017 at 5:17 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather one team get knocked out and that's essentially what's happened to the Giants. The Eagles may be 2-1 but they're beatable. Lot of football left to play.

Looking at today's scores, I think this is gonna be one of those years a 9-7 or 10-6 team goes on a run and wins it all. I mean the Chiefs and Falcons look legit great, and I think the Lions are real good too, but beyond that? Who knows.

I agree.  0-3 is TOUGH to come back from.  0-4 is virtually impossible.  (NOT impossible, but virtually impossible.)  And with the coach snipping at the QB, things can unravel quickly.  I'd love for them to be in off-season mode when we play them.  

On 9/24/2017 at 4:37 PM, thesubmittedone said:

Good rule of thumb is to read every post before being quick to respond. ...

I got temp-banned for this in the "Joe Barry is coming" thread or something.  I didn't read the 50 pages of post, missed Jumbo's warning, and got temp-banned.  Ooops.

So, it's a good idea if your joining conversation on a really long thread, at least scan some of it before posting.  Or be hit with the ban hammer.  

55 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I got temp-banned for this in the "Joe Barry is coming" thread or something.  I didn't read the 50 pages of post, missed Jumbo's warning, and got temp-banned.  Ooops.

So, it's a good idea if your joining conversation on a really long thread, at least scan some of it before posting.  Or be hit with the ban hammer.  

It just happened to me.  Best Skins win in years and I couldn't post until today.  Reading is good, reading ahead a few posts is even better...

The ban probably saved me a couple hours of writing the same stuff others were writing about how we are SB bound and .....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

It just happened to me.  Best Skins win in years and I couldn't post until today.  Reading is good, reading ahead a few posts is even better...

The ban probably saved me a couple hours of writing the same stuff others were writing about how we are SB bound and .....

I was flat on my back with a sciatic injury when my week off happened, not long after the SB.  It really, really sucked. 

Don't get baited, and keep things where they need to be.  The proper thread has been found for the discussion in the Tailgate.  :D

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Not to say it softens the blow any.  But he basically said he was unsure.  And that he wanted to see more before he puts us as high as power rankings have us.

That seems fair enough.  I agree.  We had 1 outstanding game, 1 ok game, and 1 kinda stinky game.  I was just being funny regarding Reggie :) anyway.  His point is valid....I need to see more too. Hail