Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno, that 85 bears defense was all time.

the 70's Steel curtain defense and the 2001(?) defenses also would get votes.

Steelers D was barely before my time, but I've seen a lot of their legacy. 

The offense for the Eagles that year was an all time bad one and they were still in most games. Being from philly, I got to see them every week and it was incredible. 

I know GOAT arguments are pointless, but I'd stand on the table for them.

I am going to name my next son Chris Thompson Taylor...after redskins Chris Thompson of course..I don't know him at all never met him..but bits of interviews I see of him he's just so humble...I love what he brings to my team..matter of fact I'm in the process of adopting a ten year old..boy..his name is Dalles..yes named after that team..uhh I'm right in the process of discussing with the court on if we want to legally change his name..doohhh should I...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

I am going to name my next son Chris Thompson Taylor...after redskins Chris Thompson of course..I don't know him at all never met him..but bits of interviews I see of him he's just so humble...I love what he brings to my team..matter of fact I'm in the process of adopting a ten year old..boy..his name is Dalles..yes named after that team..uhh I'm right in the process of discussing with the court on if we want to legally change his name..doohhh should I...lol

None of my business, and that's certainly an unfortunate name lol...but I think it would be tough to rewrite a kid's name/identity at 10 years old. That's a very big change. 

1 hour ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Change it to Taylorcooley1 Jr :hi:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

None of my business, and that's certainly an unfortunate name lol...but I think it would be tough to rewrite a kid's name/identity at 10 years old. That's a very big change. 

I would never nor have I ever changed any child's name I've adopted..was jus joshin around...you have an excellent point btw..

Edited by Taylorcooley1
Change content
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2017 at 12:52 PM, Taylorcooley1 said:

Just change his middle name, I have a suggestion.

21 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

I would never and never have changed any child I've adopted..was jus joshin around...you have an excellent point btw..

and really you would only use this new middle name when you were really mad, Dallas Sucks, boy get your ass over here. 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Just change his middle name, I have a suggestion.

and really you would only use this new middle name when you were really mad, Dallas Sucks, boy get your ass over here. 

I literally just yelled laughing reading this haha good stuff there hahaha...lol

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

not for nuth'n but have heard rhino rhino for the last couple years....   look at 3:11 in the following vid from last game...

Absolutely, and it is clear as day.  Thanks for chiming in. The time stamps I provided, aren't as obvious. I am horrible at music lyrics etc, and figured I was missing something obvious.  I will assume it's not just me this time!  I am rolling with Wazzzup!

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How many children have you adopted? Just curious.  I think that's really an extraordinary awesome thing to do.

Well thank you for saying that..I guess I made it sound like a few haha but just one and soon to be a set of siblings...so three I guess you can say

• Like 3

For all the younguns that didn't get to see a Joe Gibbs offense at work (the first time around)

"Bill Belichick once spoke glowingly about Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs’s Washington teams that were, like Kelly’s, built around one-back formations and an elegantly simple running game. “Honestly, they [Gibbs’s Washington teams] only had three plays, running plays,” Belichick explained. “But they had a million different ways to run them: every formation, personnel group, motion, shifting. And it was hard to recognize because it was always different every week. … It’s unbelievable the amount of success they had running, really, running the inside zone, running the outside zone and running the counter [trey]. They won a lot of games doing that.” A little variety would go a long way to helping Kelly’s offense get back on track."

https://www.theringer.com/2016/9/9/16036650/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-offense-f332f053870e

Here's the extended Version of the Belichick comment re: Gibbs' offense

Q: How do you parse all the stuff a team does offensively, especially if a team only shows something once every once in a while, how do you decide how much time to devote to that?Read

BB: That’s a great question. The reality of it is, not only have they shown a lot of things sometimes just a few times, but we also know there’s going to be a couple new things we haven’t even seen yet, that they’re going to have for us. But I would say the reality of it is, in the running game, it’s hard to have like 10 new runs every week. Usually what you have is maybe one new run but sometimes the runs that you have that are your core plays, you try to disguise and run differently, either a different personnel, maybe a different formation, maybe change the look a little bit so that the defense doesn’t see the play until right when or after the ball is snapped as opposed to be being able to look at it for five or six seconds and say, ‘OK, here comes the lead or here comes the power or here comes the counter,’ or whatever. I think that’s really more what we need to do defensively is we need to understand the basic concept of the play knowing that they can get to it in a lot of different ways. They can build it formationally, they can build it from different personnel groups but in the end, here are the basic blocking schemes, this is what we have to defeat. Can we guess which way they’re going to run it? Probably not. But their basic core plays from different looks, can we recognize those after the snap? I mean hopefully yes, that’s the idea. When you go back to Washington’s offense, Joe Gibbs was there when I was at the Giants. They really, honestly, they really only had three plays, running plays. That’s really all they had. But they had a million different ways to run them – every formation, personnel groups, motion, shifting and it was hard to recognize because it was always different every week. It was a different shift and a different motion from the previous week, so you could never really zero in on that, but the plays were the same. We tried to coach our team to defeat the plays knowing that they would get to them in different ways. We had to make some formation adjustments but the plays were the plays. But really it’s unbelievable the amount of success they had running really, running the inside zone, running the outside zone and running the counter OT. And all three plays kind of looked the same. They could pretty much do them all out of the same or very similar looks. They complemented them well. Those were the ones you had to stop. I mean, there might be one or two other things sprinkled in, but that had to be 90 percent of it. They won a lot of games doing that.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/09/19/bill-belichick-transcript-919-looking-forward-game

Edited by Elessar78
  • Thanks 1

Man I hate Chad Dukes. Like I really really loathe that guy. Dude talks like a pretentious know-it-all, calls people dumb and stupid and values his opinions above everyone else. The irony of a dude who didn't graduate college, voted for Trump, and takes the WWE seriously calling other people dumb. SMH.

What idiot decided to give this guy a voice on the radio? Now this guy Dukes has a God-complex  because he hosts a daily radio show for a local station, which he feels gives him validation to give the most absurd commentary. The POS talks more about food on his show than sports. The second I hear his voice on 106.7 I change the tuner faster than a guy trying to undress his date on prom night.

If there ever was a physical, visual, and concrete form of the word "blowhard", it would look like Chad Dukes. 

/rant

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

Man I hate Chad Dukes. Like I really really loathe that guy. Dude talks like a pretentious know-it-all, calls people dumb and stupid and values his opinions above everyone else. The irony of a dude who didn't graduate college, voted for Trump, and takes the WWE seriously calling other people dumb. SMH.

What idiot decided to give this guy a voice on the radio? Now this guy Dukes has a God-complex  because he hosts a daily radio show for a local station, which he feels gives him validation to give the most absurd commentary. The POS talks more about food on his show than sports. The second I hear his voice on 106.7 I change the tuner faster than a guy trying to undress his date on prom night.

If there ever was a physical, visual, and concrete form of the word "blowhard", it would look like Chad Dukes. 

/rant

You here in ATL?  He's on here in the afternoons. 

I miss Kordell Stewart...and that's really sayin' somethin'.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

You here in ATL?  He's on here in the afternoons. 

I miss Kordell Stewart...and that's really sayin' somethin'.

Nah, here in the DMV area. He gets air time in ATL? I'm so, so sorry! I thought only the D.C. locals had to suffer...