Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

38 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Man...say what you will about Belichick. But when a reporter asks an honest to goodness football question that gets him talking, there's no one I'd rather read quotes from. 

Pretty much modern day Lombardi. Too bad the media doesn't ask great questions like the old days. -most the time. 

Do you guys think we could trade Pryor to the Giants for a future pick? They are missing their 3 top wideouts, probably 2 for the whole year.  And they aren't mathematical eliminated.  I'm sure we could give them Pryor for next years 4th round pick.  We arnt using him anway and his contract is eating up our cap.

When all else has you in the dump..look for a post from koolblue13...just the most up beat attitude one can have... because of my dad's temper tantrum with DirecTV my parents no longer have the NFL ticket so we have to watch it on tick-box now which is live streaming and it pauses and freezes and kicks out periodically through the game so I think what a son-of-a-**** it is than I come here and see a post like this from koolblue13 and I think of how wonderful I have it.

Don't tell me football is dead!!!...

So when Ziggy Hood collapsed on Peter's leg it looked far from being intentional,(maybe it was and the skins planned it)now when you see the play When the defensive lineman took out Sherff's leg it looked almost intentional to me... I'm not pointing fingers here I'm not making any excuses for the loss last night but watching these divisional games us against them I see a lot of early 80s late 70s play going on. Just straight up black and blue toughest team wins we're going to kick your ass and send you out on a stretcher type games and I have noticed that for at least the last six seven years when we get in big divisional games like last night. I am anticipating on what we're going to see this Sunday when the Cowboys come to town and both teams are fighting to get out of 500. At least in the NFC East, football and I mean old school football is far from dead, I seen it last night and have seen it in multiple multiple games(two years ago fight with baker,cox) especially divisional games for the last 6 years at least.

2 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Do you guys think we could trade Pryor to the Giants for a future pick? They are missing their 3 top wideouts, probably 2 for the whole year.  And they aren't mathematical eliminated.  I'm sure we could give them Pryor for next years 4th round pick.  We arnt using him anway and his contract is eating up our cap.

**** ya let's hurry up and do that so he can put up 150 plus yards and two plus touch downs on us both games!

Edited by Taylorcooley1
Change content

On 10/23/2017 at 5:31 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Man...say what you will about Belichick. But when a reporter asks an honest to goodness football question that gets him talking, there's no one I'd rather read quotes from. 

He knows stuff.  And if you ask him about football stuff, he answers stuff.  He learned from the best at it to.  Parcells was great at a lot of the same press-related stuff.  He never gave any answers to anything.  Though, unlike Billy, he was typically more humorous and condescending about it.  

His teams are the most prepared in the NFL every year.  And when a weakness is exposed, it doesn't take too terribly long for it to get corrected.  

I'm willing to guarantee you that Reed doesn't run that 3rd and 1 route straight flat if Bill is the coach of this team.

Hell, if Bill B. was the coach of the Redskins this year, with exactly the same personnel, they're 5-1.  Maybe 6-0. But probably 5-1. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BreezyBreeland said:

We should have kept Jackson. 

Eh, I'm not sure.  He's better than anybody we have (so is Garçon) but he's 30, injury prone and kinda an ass. 

Going younger i was all for. Not really thrilled with the way we did it with 3 completely unproven and inexperienced guys.   

Welp, here we are again, we showed the early season flashes of being a great team, only to be let down once again.

It sucks losing to Dallas at home.  They have largely had our number for a decade if not more, and feel we as fans are growing numb to it at this point.

Troy Aikman purposely jinxed the Redskins yesterday in the play prior to the blocked kick that changed everything.

Aikman just had to say that the line had yet to surrender a sack on Cousins before that pivotal 3rd down right before the blocked kick.  I called the jinx and of course, it happened.  My wife asks me why I don't have a career in football given how often I call things right before they are going to happen.  I explained to her that it's not a special skill that I have, it's simply from years of conditioning by a piss poor franchise.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

I am sure I am not the only one that has noticed the new helmet design, now with a flexible piece now clearly visible on the area protecting the top of the forehead.

I have long thought that hard shells contribute to concussions more than they prevent, in large part because it encourages players to use their head to tackle. But this new flexible piece fits my theory, that it's wise to have the shell to take some of the impact... why not. It never made sense to me for it to be rock hard.  Long live leather!

13 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am sure I am not the only one that has noticed the new helmet design, now with a flexible piece now clearly visible on the area protecting the top of the forehead.

I have long thought that hard shells contribute to concussions more than they prevent, in large part because it encourages players to use their head to tackle. But this new flexible piece fits my theory, that it's wise to have the shell to take some of the impact... why not. It never made sense to me for it to be rock hard.  Long live leather!

Similar to car construction.  For years car companies made ultra rigid very strong car bodies.  The net result was the occupants in the car absorbed the energy in a crash & resulted in death and injury.  Then it was discovered that crumple zones lessened the energy transferred to the occupants resulting in fewer injuries. The same principle applies with helmets; a super rigid (hard) shell transfers all the energy to the brain. Beyond using the head to tackle, the helmet itself must evolve to lessen injury.  Hail

• Like 1

I missed the second half of the game because I went to a pumpkin carving party.  It was a lot of fun.  I almost forgot the game was on.  Didn't even try and check scores.  I watched the second half on TiVo after we got home after putting my daughter to bed.   

I have never, in my memory, missed 1 minute of a Dallas vs. Redskins game.  Since I can remember, and that's sometime in the 1980's. 

When I was on my honeymoon, the 'Skins played Dallas, I was in the Caribbean, and I found a way to watch that game, and didn't mind pissing off my new wife to do it. (My rationale: you knew about this before we got married, now you're stuck with me. :) )   I was in India in 2006 for that miracle ST returned blocked FG game against Dallas.  I literally had to go to the US Navy Club in Mumbai (Or something like that)  at whatever ridiculous time in the morning to watch that game.  When I was a season ticket holder, I never left before the end of a game.  I stayed until the bitter end of every game. "Real fans get wet" I would say.  Literally and metaphorically. 

I rarely missed a 'Skins game at all.  Maybe 10 random games in 30+ years? But NEVER, EVER Dallas.  Or NYG.  (I grew up with the NYG being the bigger issue.  Dallas was somewhat down in the mid '80's, and the Parcell's Giants were the team we had to beat to win the Division and SB.  So I've always had the NYG as much of a rival as Dallas.  I was too young for the "We Want Dallas" game.  I didn't really get the Redskins vs. Cowboys rivalry until the 1990's.  But I digress).

I can't say that I don't care.  If I didn't care, I wouldn't be wasting my time posting about it on a message board. I definitely care.  I wore my 'Skins coaching-style t-shirt to the party.  I wore a 'Skins hat to the gym in the morning before the game.

But I can say that something has changed.  Maybe it's that I feel I know the outcome before the game starts a lot of the time.  I don't have any faith in the organization, or the coach.  I feel like both Dallas and Philly were in re-build mode 2 years ago, and both have flown past us, even if you discount the injury issues.

I dunno.  It's just not the same.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Similar to car construction.  For years car companies made ultra rigid very strong car bodies.  The net result was the occupants in the car absorbed the energy in a crash & resulted in death and injury.  Then it was discovered that crumple zones lessened the energy transferred to the occupants resulting in fewer injuries. The same principle applies with helmets; a super rigid (hard) shell transfers all the energy to the brain. Beyond using the head to tackle, the helmet itself must evolve to lessen injury.  Hail

Great comparison.  I am surprised that it took this long to try to modify the primary region of the exterior shell that takes the most impact, but am glad to finally see something new. I think the entire helmet should have flexible shell components aka crumble zones, but this 1 is presumed better than none. Look at Paul yesterday, I think he lowered his head fully and the impact missed the new crumple zone.  He may have been hit left top side... Helmets need an additional one on the top of the helmet, if not all across the top.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I'll be missing next week's game. Just don't really care anymore. At this point the Skins are just a way to kill 3 hours on a Sunday. I feel no emotion one way or another.

Yesterday was by far the most lethargic I've been during a game in a long time.  I had a few outbursts of passion but they all died with the blocked kick.

• Sad 1