Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

54 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We're number 2. We're number 2. 

Always nice to see Dallas lose. Are the Eagles that good?

Ehhh, I lean towards no.  Eagles have won 3 games in a row, and the combined record of those 3 teams (Zona, LAC, NYG) is 3-12.  

I mean, I think its moreso their opponents the last 3 weeks have been bad than the Eagles are good.  But wins are wins.  I think we beat them in Philly in a few weeks.  

Wentz looks to be the real deal, though.  He's surpassed Dak by a country mile.  

• Like 5

Dolphins OL coach Chris Foerster is likely to be fired now that a video has emerged of him snorting a white powder...

He was our former OL coach under Shanahan. I find this interesting because while the Shanahans were here, there were lots of rumors that Kyle and his close buddies on the coaching staff liked to party and do things like this. I can't be the only one who remembers these rumors, and now Foerster gets busted. 

• Sad 1

Foerster saying he has to go to a meeting now... makes it that much worse. Licking his finger is the icing on the cake. 

Since the Dolphins run game suuuuuucks, I think he'll get reprimanded. That is not what the league wants you to see.

Edited by RandyHolt

14 hours ago, youngchew said:

Wentz looks to be the real deal, though.  He's surpassed Dak by a country mile.  

I was listening to NFL network on Sirius and the host said that he, another analyst, and a former head coach ranked the NFC E QBs. The consensus was that Cousins was the best and that Eli was the worst. I don't know who I think is better out of Dak and Carson, but both are studs... Eesh, talking kindly of our rivals feels like it doesn't belong in the Positive Thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Napredskins1 said:

I want to go to the Dallas game but tickets are selling for $200 upper deck. Do the tickets go down in price as it gets closer to the game? 

I'm coming over from the UK for the game, paid about $260 for decent seats! Hopefully it'll be worth it!

• Like 2

On 10/9/2017 at 9:52 AM, RandyHolt said:

Foerster saying he has to go to a meeting now... makes it that much worse. Licking his finger is the icing on the cake. 

Since the Dolphins run game suuuuuucks, I think he'll get reprimanded. That is not what the league wants you to see.

Forester wasn't the Line Coach they thought he was. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CTskin said:

Holyyy hell. How many lucky turnovers have the eagles gotten inside of the opponents ' red zone? Two against us, two here against the pamthers...

I'd love to pin their situation down to luck, but having watched most of their games thus far - they are legit.  Their D line is making every QB uncomfortable and Wentz throws dart after dart after dart on 3rd downs, typically evading the rush before hand like a magician.  I hate his guts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd love to pin their situation down to luck, but having watched most of their games thus far - they are legit.  Their D line is making every QB uncomfortable and Wentz throws dart after dart after dart on 3rd downs, typically evading the rush before hand like a magician.  I hate his guts.

Agreed.  I think the real test for the Skins is going to be going into Philadelphia and placing our D against their D.  We win and we are for real and everyone in the league knows it.   

On another note anyone who thinks Elliott being suspended for 6 games is going to slow the Cowpukes is wrong.  Alfred Morris in the few touches he has had off the bench has been a beast.  He is going to be fresh.  BUT their D is not as stout as the Iggles and the Skins this year IMO.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We saw first hand how magically elusive he is, but his accuracy is still questionable; I believe he was 50% last night. No doubt that their Dline is solid, but having four turnovers in two games which result in your team's possession inside the 10 is pretty lucky. Did you see the Jonathan Stewart's complete whiff on a screen pass which dropped right into the defenders arms? This wasn't due to pressure. Remember Samaje's fumble? I'm not saying the turnovers that they're causing were all luck, but the ball has bounced their way early this season and I'd like to see how they fare vs a good team when they don't get that luck. (We all now know there's nothing impressive about them beating up the Giants, Chargers, and Cardinals.)

36 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

On another note anyone who thinks Elliott being suspended for 6 games is going to slow the Cowpukes is wrong.  Alfred Morris in the few touches he has had off the bench has been a beast.  He is going to be fresh.  BUT their D is not as stout as the Iggles and the Skins this year IMO.  

Slow them down? EZ's averaging 3.7... They lost two pro bowl OL and they've taken a step back.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Slow them down? EZ's averaging 3.7... They lost two pro bowl OL and they've taken a step back.

All I was saying is that in the few touches I have seen Morris get this year he has been explosive.  And he will be fresh.   The Pokes have lost players on offense AND defense.  But they are not out of it.    Their O line is NOT the reason they are losing IMO at all.  The reason is the there secondary in general which has really fallen apart in games giving up a lot of yardage.

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

All I was saying is that in the few touches I have seen Morris get this year he has been explosive.  And he will be fresh.   The Pokes have lost players on offense AND defense.  But they are not out of it.    Their O line is NOT the reason they are losing IMO at all.  The reason is the there secondary in general which has really fallen apart in games giving up a lot of yardage.

Agreed. Alf had one long run in week 1, but he hasn't done much since; he hasn't had opportunities. Between losing half of their D and 2/5 of their OL, they have regressed. Still, a quality team with a good gameplan, but not what they were last year.

• Like 1

Without Zeke, the Cowboys entire offense changes. Defenses don't have to respect the run and can spread out to cover the receivers(who honestly aren't that good, Bryant is declining, Witten is like 80 now, their best receiver is Cole Beasley). The read option doesn't work as well, neither does play action, and you'll likely see Dak regress into being the average QB he really is.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Without Zeke, the Cowboys entire offense changes. Defenses don't have to respect the run and can spread out to cover the receivers(who honestly aren't that good, Bryant is declining, Witten is like 80 now, their best receiver is Cole Beasley). The read option doesn't work as well, neither does play action, and you'll likely see Dak regress into being the average QB he really is.

I agree with every point you made except I think Morris has been underrated and he is going to bail out Prescott somewhat who in actuality is an average QB as you point out.  Beasley is their best option at WR and I have watched Prescott overthrow him numerous times this season.  Witten needs to join Romo in the broadcast booth.

Edited by skinsmania123

I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on where they believe we will be sitting by week 11...vs niners at philthy vs dallass at seachickens vs Vikings at saints...if our defense continues to play like a top ten defense my prediction is 3-3..if we're hot 4-2...two losses are unfortunately division losses..we can go into Seattle and hang..see my post about our o lines performance in the more ..louder environment arrowhead..and I think we can beat the Vikings and saints..so we go 4-2 hopefully, and we're sitting at 6-4..5-6 at the worst.

Every team we have played this year had a zero in their record.

record when we                     record now

played them

eagles      - 0-0                                    5-1

rams         - 1-0                                    4-2

raiders      - 2-0                                    2-4

chiefs        - 3-0                                    5-1

49ers        - 0-5                                    0-6

Edited by ILikeBilly
fixing niners' record

9 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Every team we have played this year had a zero in their record.

record when we                     record now

played them

eagles      - 0-0                                    5-1

rams         - 1-0                                    4-2

raiders      - 2-0                                    2-4

chiefs        - 3-0                                    5-1

49ers        - 0-4                                    0-5

49ers weren’t 0-4 when we faced them. They were 0-5. They aren’t 0-5 now, they are 0-6.