Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Is there a trashier owner than Jerry Jones.... in all of professional sports?

A great quote from Caddyshack hits home.... "What's the buffoon done now?"

Stay classy, Dallas. And no, I am not linking to what the drunk buffoon said.

groitudj2qz3fvk2cdui.jpg

Edited by RandyHolt

REDSKINS and SAINTS INACTIVES:

WASHINGTON REDSKINS INJURIES
Player
Position
Status
Comments
Quinton Dunbar CB Inactive  
Arie Kouandjio OG Inactive  
Spencer Long C Inactive  
Terrelle Pryor WR Inactive  
Brian Quick WR Inactive  
Jordan Reed TE Inactive  
Caraun Reid DT Inactive  
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS INJURIES
Player
Position
Status
Comments
Austin Carr WR Inactive  
Taysom Hill QB Inactive  
A.J. Klein OLB Inactive  
Al-Quadin Muhammad DE Inactive  
Cameron Tom C Inactive  
Kenny Vaccaro SS Inactive  
Jonathan Williams RB Inactive
Edited by SkinsGuy

Is Kerrigan 1 of our "blues"?  Was looking at some article the other day about how many of them a team needs and Jacksonville being up there with them etc......

I remember the convo vaguely on here when SM mentioned this subject too. I'm thinking Chris Thompson has emerged as one. Jordan Reed used to be 1. Is Vernon???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000878562/article/top-10-rosters-by-topend-talent-qb-questions-for-bills-vikings

Edited by TheShredSkinz

Now that season is pretty much over for us... Trent Williams should just schedule his surgery already... and anyone else who is dealing with a lingering issue for that matter. Go get the surgery now so you can heal up, physical therapy, and get back to practice and ready for next season...

No sense in delaying the inevitable with our blue-chip guys. He's running the risk of making it much worse. Nseke is a great fill-in for the rest of the season. IR some of these guys so we can bring in some potential young talent for essentially tryouts during the season

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I wonder if installing field turf would help get cousins signed to an ltd...

You're on to something here.  We were commenting in another thread that the field looks like an air strip.  Not a good look, and definitely not good for our players (the few we have left, that is.):angry:

32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What's worse than the Geico commercial featuring Jason Witten?  Not much.

I noticed the other night a similar Geico commercial with Luke Kechly, only it had 'rock' music behind it.

It feels like a joke I'm not in on.

Since this is the "Random Thot" thread....have you ever wondered how cheap auto insurance really could be if the "discount" company like GEICO didn't spend $1.8 trillion yearly on advertising?

• Haha 3

After NFC domination in inter-conference play, it looks like there will be a three or four win difference between the #6 seed wild card teams in each conference. At 5-6, we would be well in the race over there.

I haven't given up hope for the Skins, but we need so much help in order to sneak into the playoffs that I don't see a realistic path. Making a massive assumption that we win out, we'll be 10-6. Well, currently at 8 wins, the Panthers/Saints essentially have their division and one of the wild cards wrapped up, so that leaves only one other spot which the 7-4 Falcons, 7-4 Seahawks, and 6-5 Lions are fighting for (forget the Cowboys and Packers who share the same record as us, they aren't winning out). It's too early to say what the tiebreaker would be if we were locked up with the Falcons or Lions, but if it were the Seahawks, we would have it due to the head-to-head win. Regardless, I don't see each of those teams losing two or three of their last five. 

If we were to miss the playoffs, I'd almost prefer if we go 8-8 or 9-7, while still finishing the season respectably. If we tie for a playoff spot at 10-6, but lose a tiebreaker, then all of the Saints loss nightmares will haunt me until the 2018 kickoff. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Very similar to the Lions and Bengals games last season.

Similar, but this was much worse... We never looked like the better team in the Bengals game and we still got a tie out of it. The Lions loss was a 1 minute final drive which seems to happens rather often.

In the Saints loss we're talking about a game in which we were the better team but then blew a 15 point lead in the final 5 mins... Then got in FG range with plenty of time to get closer and proceeded to **** up in such a gutwrenching manner... Then got an apology from the league. ****, I'm Skins PTSDing 

On 11/28/2017 at 12:31 PM, Warhead36 said:

The NFC Wild Card winners will go 11-5 at least so we're arguing over nothing.

This may be the last day of the season where we're able to discuss this with any amount of seriousness... So:

-At 8 wins, the Panthers essentially have the one of the wild cards locked up, but still have to face the Saints, Vikings and Falcons. 11 wins is a coin toss.

-Falcons at 7 wins still have to play the Vikings, Panthers, and then the Saints twice. I don't see 11 wins. 

-Seahawks at 7 wins still have to play the Eagles, Jags, and Rams. Again, 11 seems improbable. 

-The Lions at 6 wins may be the biggest problem as the only moderately difficult game remaining is this week against the Ravens. 

• Like 2

No game day thread makes jack pardee a dull boy

Pregame show is called: Football Night in Dallas. Why not cut the chase and just name it Dallas Football Night, yeeeesh. The pregame show is like a Dallas documentary. Unwatchable fast. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, skins2victory said:

When was the last time the Skins got a TD on the first offensive play of the game?? I'm thinking it must have been long long ago. Would love to see us come out tomorrow, and on that first play give a hard play action and let one rip to Doctson.

The first kickoff Darrell Green ever fielded he ran in for a touchdown.  I was watching with my grandmother.  We both lost our friggin' minds.:rofl89:

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Pregame show is called: Football Night in Dallas. Why not cut the chase and just name it Dallas Football Night, yeeeesh. The pregame show is like a Dallas documentary. Unwatchable fast. 

Well the game IS in Dallas. Is the name changed every Thursday night? If so, last weekends pre game show would have been Football Night in Washington. I don’t see any problem with the name.

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I'm not watching it. I'm watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on ABC. :) 

78be9e92a0ce887c55595546e9a5b4bc.jpg

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Haha 3