Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yesterday was by far the most lethargic I've been during a game in a long time.  I had a few outbursts of passion but they all died with the blocked kick.

When the kick was blocked I just...sat there. Said nothing, did nothing. I'm just like...meh. Ya kind of just expect it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When the kick was blocked I just...sat there. Said nothing, did nothing. I'm just like...meh. Ya kind of just expect it.

I would say we never are the team that blocks that kick, but there was that time over a decade ago that Sean Taylor did it.  We seem to need superhuman all pro caliber players to make those type of plays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I would say we never are the team that blocks that kick, but there was that time over a decade ago that Sean Taylor did it.  We seem to need superhuman all pro caliber players to make those type of plays.

Its funny because earlier in the game, in the GDT, when we came close to blocking a punt earlier, I mentioned "when was the last time we blocked a kick?"

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yesterday was by far the most lethargic I've been during a game in a long time.  I had a few outbursts of passion but they all died with the blocked kick.

Same here.  Significant other noted it saying my enthusiasm is the lowest she has ever seen.  I'm becoming closer to you BFS....just weary of the body blows with the occasional head shot.  Ever year is starting to bleed into the next.  I feel like the movie Groundhog day.  I/we relive the same **** ever season, sometimes for different reasons, and it has become absolutely tiresome. I have come to expect it at some point in the season. I am really looking forward to the college basketball season starting as soon as possible as a type of relief.  Right now I am just extremely downtrodden regarding my beloved Redskins, and that saddens me.  

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Sad 1

I've watched one full game this season and that was the Raiders game (thankfully). We're just not a good team unless you consider a mediocre 7-9 win team good. We're the type of team that will always have injuries throughout year, penalties at in opportune times, fumbles, blocked punts that get returned for a million yards, QB that even after 3 years will still throw those game sealing INTs or whatever else excuse we want to throw in there. We just aren't very good. We're mediocre. Not bad, not good, just mediocre.

2 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Similar to car construction.  For years car companies made ultra rigid very strong car bodies.  The net result was the occupants in the car absorbed the energy in a crash & resulted in death and injury.  Then it was discovered that crumple zones lessened the energy transferred to the occupants resulting in fewer injuries. The same principle applies with helmets; a super rigid (hard) shell transfers all the energy to the brain. Beyond using the head to tackle, the helmet itself must evolve to lessen injury.  Hail

still, it mostly comes down to good form and fundamentals...i.e.keeping your head up while making a tackle..which I hardly ever see anyone do now a days...which leads to missed tackles and more head/neck injuries....imho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What sucks on that blocked kick, the other 2 Dallas players would have likely blocked that kick, had the first guy not blocked it. 

I am thinking we should go full punt block no returner a few times a game, especially on our side of the 50. We get nothing from our return game. And, my thinking is if you show heavy pressure early, the punter will quick punt and maybe shank one.  My concerns of running into the kicker are minimal. Do it on 4th and long, and on days when our offense is stalled... which seems to be quarters 2-4 almost weekly of late.

We were having a good time at the game in our section. Everyone was high fiving after we went up 13-7. Then the blocked FG took all the energy out of us and instead of going up 16-7 we were losing 14-13. It’s just one of those plays that changes the momentum and we never recover from it. It seems like I always know when one play will change the outcome of a game even if we are up 14 points when it happens there is a good chance we might lose. 

Just now, Napredskins1 said:

We were having a good time at the game in our section. Everyone was high fiving after we went up 13-7. Then the blocked FG took all the energy out of us and instead of going up 16-7 we were losing 14-13. It’s just one of those plays that changes the momentum and we never recover from it. It seems like I always know when one play will change the outcome of a game even if we are up 14 points when it happens there is a good chance we might lose. 

I stopped inviting people over for the game after Gus headbutted the wall.  I guess you can tell I haven't recovered.  :hitfan:

• Haha 4

Just now, hatchetwound said:

I just saw it no longer says "Waterboy" under my name.  It was a bit disturbing.  Shouldn't this board take gender into account?  Or make it gender neutral, like "Water Person"

I've been where you are, and been a role player for years. You cross a hundred stadium posts, you earn some status points.  :hi:

• Like 1

It would just be our ****ing luck if Elliot's suspension starts the day AFTER he posted 150 on us.

How the hell can an NFL suspension get all tied up in the legal system anyways? Only in the US.

Jones should be suspended for his 2014 indiscretions as well. Talk about making the league look bad. Stay classy Dallas. 

**** Dallas.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

What sucks on that blocked kick, the other 2 Dallas players would have likely blocked that kick, had the first guy not blocked it. 

I am thinking we should go full punt block no returner a few times a game, especially on our side of the 50. We get nothing from our return game. And, my thinking is if you show heavy pressure early, the punter will quick punt and maybe shank one.  My concerns of running into the kicker are minimal. Do it on 4th and long, and on days when our offense is stalled... which seems to be quarters 2-4 almost weekly of late.

That's somewhat out of the box.

jay is firmly in the box.  Taped shut.  And maybe glued and stapled too...

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, dyst said:

I've watched one full game this season and that was the Raiders game (thankfully). We're just not a good team unless you consider a mediocre 7-9 win team good. We're the type of team that will always have injuries throughout year, penalties at in opportune times, fumbles, blocked punts that get returned for a million yards, QB that even after 3 years will still throw those game sealing INTs or whatever else excuse we want to throw in there. We just aren't very good. We're mediocre. Not bad, not good, just mediocre.

Come on now, we all must show some objectivity here!!! :chair:

With all due respect, our offense has proven to be top three between the 20-yard lines over the last year and a half!  A virtual irresistible force! 

Take my advice.  Stop looking at the score at the end of games.  Instead focus on the total yards between the twenties.  You'll feel so much better...I promise. :)

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

It would just be our ****ing luck if Elliot's suspension starts the day AFTER he posted 150 on us.

How the hell can an NFL suspension get all tied up in the legal system anyways? Only in the US.

Jones should be suspended for his 2014 indiscretions as well. Talk about making the league look bad. Stay classy Dallas. 

**** Dallas.

At least he'll be suspended for our second matchup!!! :dallas_sucks:

• Like 2