Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

23 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I was thinking that every thing! Though that's mostly because Jon Bois has gotten me interest in the art of "Scorigami."

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami

Nice - really interesting video. It's funny that the Skins were involved in not only the highest-scoring (single team) game, but also the highest scoring (combined points) game: Chicago 73, Washington 0 and Washington 72, NYG 41.

Maybe we can get that 6-1 win this week...

Hail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Nice - really interesting video. It's funny that the Skins were involved in not only the highest-scoring (single team) game, but also the highest scoring (combined points) game: Chicago 73, Washington 0 and Washington 72, NYG 41.

Maybe we can get that 6-1 win this week...

Hail

Jon Bois needs to be more famous. He doesn't make videos at a rapid clip but that's mostly because they require a lot of research and effort (some of his Chart Party episodes run north of 20 minutes) but they are usually high quality. His "17776" (published last summer) is...hard to describe. It's like a multi-media novel. 

https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

I can't find the Gruden thread so I'll put this here:  I HATE hearing Jay talk about injuries and their effect on the game.   I get it, and they have an impact. But "Well, we lost Ty early,had to shuffle the OL, which was a microcosm of our entire season" (that's paraphrased from Jays interview with Larry in the locker room) is not what I want to hear from a head coach.

"We're all in it together.  It starts with me,and I have to figure it out" like Coach Joe said is what I want to hear.

5 minutes ago, c slag said:

Wondering if D Hall will have his name put in the ring of honor 

It's like wondering if Chris Samuels will get into the HOF.

If Snyders teams were consistent big time winners, sure. Samuels on the Steelers or Patriots is guaranteed HOF material. The Redskins were mostly garbage though so what did he ever do that was that big of a deal? Oh, he picked off Cutler 4 times in a game? What else? 

Crickets.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Don’t think there’s an amount of money you could pay me to watch “21 and Prine” on NFL Network.  Apparently Deion has a show.  I saw it on the Guide and cringed.

Deion as a Redskin was embarrassing. 

Saw the show once and correct you are not missing anything 

It's just so depressing to day watching playoff football knowing we are so far away.  Kurt cousins looks nothing like any of the quarterbacks I watch play today.  Especially in the pocket. Eyes down field, active feet in the pocket, very rarely checking down.  Also I didn't see any receivers  today when it was 3rd &8 run a 6 yard route.  We have a long way to go !!!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bknp7 said:

It's just so depressing to day watching playoff football knowing we are so far away.  Kurt cousins looks nothing like any of the quarterbacks I watch play today.  Especially in the pocket. Eyes down field, active feet in the pocket, very rarely checking down.  Also I didn't see any receivers  today when it was 3rd &8 run a 6 yard route.  We have a long way to go !!!!!

uhh...what? Goff was mostly bad today. Mariotta had one great half but was terrible in the 1st half. Smith had a hot start but did nothing in the 2nd half. Ryan's #s were meh.

The only thing on this team that resembles a contender is the QB play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

First person to say Alex Smith is a good fit gets my boner award!

What? Does that mean...nevermind, don’t want to know 

55 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well done, Jags. And another thing...and I hate to admit it, but Romo is probably the best color commentator going now. 

Yeahs he’s excellent. Hope he has a long career in the booth. Makes any game he’s calling more enjoyable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What? Does that mean...nevermind, don’t want to know 

Yeahs he’s excellent. Hope he has a long career in the booth. Makes any game he’s calling more enjoyable 

More than anything, he explains why certain plays get called, what a certain coordinator is upset about, etc. And he's good at it. He's having fun. 

• Like 1