Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

34 minutes ago, OGDMV said:

If we keep the name as Washington Football Team then our logo should be allowed to comeback. The the name offended people not the logo

I think we have a better shot at dwayne haskins being our week 1 starter in 2021 than ever seeing that logo come back.  It's association with the name that was deemed racist will prevent it from being used again, especially because a native american is in the logo.  Maybe the scripted R that gibbs used to wear on his hat, but not the logo on the helmet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, KillBill26 said:

As far as the look of the numbers on the helmet, I think it would look a lot better if instead of all yellow numbers, the numbers were white with yellow trim, like how the numbers look with the red jerseys.  I know it's a minor tweak, but I think it would make a big difference.  Im just not feeling the look of the helmets.

I agree.  Something like this would be great!

Redskins_potential WFT uniform.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Personally I hate the trend toward all-black or all-white ("icy whites") uniforms. But I'm an old geezer anyway.

I'm not a fan of all whites either but it's really not a new trend unlike black.  A ton of AFC teams in the 80s and 90s had that combo.  I feel like every AFC East team occasionally had that and the Oilers and Chiefs are also coming to mind, with at least the Giants and the Buccaneers in the NFC

20 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I'm not a fan of all whites either but it's really not a new trend unlike black.  A ton of AFC teams in the 80s and 90s had that combo.  I feel like every AFC East team occasionally had that and the Oilers and Chiefs are also coming to mind, with at least the Giants and the Buccaneers in the NFC

True, but the new "icy whites" craze includes all-white socks too, which makes some teams look like they're auditioning for the lead role in a remake of 'The Mummy'.

If I ran a team I'd want fans to be able to immediately identify them on the field, although I do love throwbacks and alternate uniforms. But the new all-black Commanders uni has no connection to their history and doesn't stand out, since so many other teams (Cardinals, Falcons, Saints, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Jets, Panthers, Bengals, Jaguars) also have all-black alternate or primary uniforms.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Not to mention the Browns and Broncos - depending on whichever one was playing on the road in the playoffs back in the 80s. 

• 8 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, BleedBNG said:

I like what we have with the burgundy matte and black helmets, but these would nice for alternatives once in a while.

Looks like they forgot to deactivate Tanya's keycard, because she snuck back into the building with one of her stupid designs. If this is Jason Wright's idea, then someone needs to yank his access to the C:/Branding folder ASAP!!

• Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Looks like they forgot to deactivate Tanya's keycard, because she snuck back into the building with one of her stupid designs. If this is Jason Wright's idea, then someone needs to yank his access to the C:/Branding folder ASAP!!

Those aren’t real, just dumb fan concepts. I know it can be hard to tell because the real ones are so bad though 

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm not a fan, especially of the baby poop yellow taking the place of gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

I would change your post or delete if I were you.  You’re not supposed to reference the name change in any threads.  Just a heads up.

You should also change or delete yours, quoting it is just as much of an offense as posting the original 🫡 

I don't know why people hate on the black uniforms.  I like them. Though, I like black shirts, and wear them often, as a general rule, so it's personal preference, I guess. In fact, I'm wearing a black polo right now...  (this is all true.)

However, I'd add a black cape and play the Imperial March when the team enters.  (They an take the capes off for the game.)  

I know I'm a Star Wars nerd, but I DO think it would be bad-ass.  

:P

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't know why people hate on the black uniforms.  I like them. Though, I like black shirts, and wear them often, as a general rule, so it's personal preference, I guess. In fact, I'm wearing a black polo right now...  (this is all true.)

However, I'd add a black cape and play the Imperial March when the team enters.  (They an take the capes off for the game.)  

I know I'm a Star Wars nerd, but I DO think it would be bad-ass.  

:P

This would look cooler than that generic black garbage they're currently wearing:

s-l1600.jpg

The problem I have with the all-black is that it's not distinctive enough. EVERY NFL team seems to have an all-black alternate uniform these days: Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, Jaguars, Saints, Jets, Eagles, Steelers...

• Haha 2

Nothing speaks volumes of the 90’s while in High School then when every team and person on the street went full out black hats, black tee shirts etc…and wore them like they were in Public Enemy or some other gangster Rap Group then the black uni’s we are wearing and every other NFL team is wearing nowadays… not a fan of it at all, dump these things like the plague imo

• Like 1