Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I never liked the mustard 'n' ketchup look, far too Ronald McDonald for my liking. I always liked the burgundy pants, white jersey combo with yellow and white stripes.

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the matte helmet, give me a nice shiny helmet every time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, London Kev said:

I never liked the mustard 'n' ketchup look, far too Ronald McDonald for my liking. I always liked the burgundy pants, white jersey combo with yellow and white stripes.

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the matte helmet, give me a nice shiny helmet every time.

Agree on the mustard ‘n’ ketchup look. Never been a fan. Although I do like the matte helmet.

Will also be good to see what kind of casual/leisure range gear they bring out. EDIT - I see some merchandise has started to appear on the NFL main shop..

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, throwback37 said:

So, here's a question: isn't there some rule that states a team can only switch their uniforms once every 5 seasons?  I'm guessing the Washington Footballers get a 'pass' this year?

Yes there is a 5-year rule, but like any rule enforced by billionaires there are always exceptions that can be made. Keep in mind this rule only applies to helmets, logos, and jerseys...and not pants. The WFTE1932 (what I'm calling the team for now) can bring out solid black pants if they wanted to this season and the NFL could do nothing about it, since nobody goes to the mall to buy football pants. Personally, I like the yellow pants with the burgundy jersey only, and the burgundy pants with the white jersey.

I am Daniel M. Snyder. Billionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

On 7/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, throwback37 said:

So, here's a question: isn't there some rule that states a team can only switch their uniforms once every 5 seasons?  I'm guessing the Washington Footballers get a 'pass' this year?

This is a minor change for a social issue. All they did was replace Redskins with Washington under the neckline, remove the stripe sticker and logo from the helmet and put a number on there. I can't imagine the NFL is going to stop them from making another change if they decide.

1 hour ago, 09 said:

https://www.washingtonjourney.com/         link to that picture ...  off this link from Team website :   https://www.washingtonfootball.com/video/training-camp

Those socks are interesting. Is that like an extension to the knees?

I have to say one of my pet peeves about the uniforms is the socks and how players wear them differently and at different heights.

cowboys-redskins-football-landover-usa-s

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, 09 said:

old school/classic.  Top 5 NFL uniform/helmet combo ... if not Top 3 ...

Yes, I like whole classic minimalist vibe of the team right now. It’s no frills just football.

Edit: I also like how, without the helmet stripe and gold pants, the gold has become much more of a true trim color. I didn’t think I would, but turns out it looks good. 

Edited by RansomthePasserby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking forward to the new look but did not realize how much I would miss the old logo on the helmets. The numbers are ok, but terribly redundant with the numbers on the sleeves also. I think the W would have been better. But this is the all time classic from the modern era. White over burgundy. Best in the NFL right there. So sad.

The 60's dark burgundy true gold are still what I would like to see them go to as the Redwolves or Warriors. Just my .02

HTTR

cowboys-redskins-football-landover-usa-s

Edited by bentskin
  • Like 1