Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Funny the all whites are ok specially if they placed a stripe down the pants (still think I’d get rid of them) but I totally agree the all burgundy is probably just as bad as the all black… never ever wear them again…

I guess all whites are cool once or twice a season but we look so sharp when we are two-tone that it just doesn't make sense to me to wear those. I don't know if I'm a fashion police type of person or not but I always get a little disappointed when they are in all white, all red, and go into a full on depression if they are in the terrible blacks. And they always seem to lose in the one-tone uniforms. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or what but it just seems that way.

I feel like we win the most in the white tops / burgundy pants and that's what looks the best by far. For the RG3 / Cousins years, I hated those yellow pants as well. Yuck. It visually ruins the experience for me if they don't look like the Gibbs uniforms. Can we just name the team the Washington Gibbs like the Browns did? I love that man.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

I guess all whites are cool once or twice a season but we look so sharp when we are two-tone that it just doesn't make sense to me to wear those. I don't know if I'm a fashion police type of person or not but I always get a little disappointed when they are in all white, all red, and go into a full on depression if they are in the terrible blacks. And they always seem to lose in the one-tone uniforms. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or what but it just seems that way.

I feel like we win the most in the white tops / burgundy pants and that's what looks the best by far. For the RG3 / Cousins years, I hated those yellow pants as well. Yuck. It visually ruins the experience for me if they don't look like the Gibbs uniforms. Can we just name the team the Washington Gibbs like the Browns did? I love that man.

The Washington Gibbs.  If Cleveland can name their team after a coach, why can't we?

14 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Funny the all whites are ok specially if they placed a stripe down the pants (still think I’d get rid of them) but I totally agree the all burgundy is probably just as bad as the all black… never ever wear them again…

I personally don't mind all white uniforms, it's all the same color (burgundy over burgundy, in our case) that I think looks high school-ish.  I've said it before, swap out all of the black trim for yellow on the current white jerseys, and add a stripe to the pants, and I think they would look pretty good...

And YES!!  Ditch the black ones!! That's the worst part of the new look, by far...

• Like 2

If the team really wants all white, they should stop being cowards about it and go the full distance: White jerseys, white sleeves, white collars, white helmet, white logo, white numbers, white number outlines, white pants, white stripe, white stripe outlines, white socks, white shoes.

Football_Trio_Webpixum_Sports_Mockups_1.

Be unique. Be bold.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrJL said:

a standee at the Super Bowl features a Commanders uniform with yellow pants

Need to trash the long Commanders name on the front. Need a smaller logo. maybe medals or something on left side of Jersey? W ?  something else.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Scroll down to the bottom to see some good concepts for this team:

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/04/uni-concepts-jets-cardinals-and-commanders/

For me, give me this right here as the home uni … and keep the pants the same and just change out the Burgundy Jersey for the White on the Road and call it a day, and add a alternative uni  incorporating the same.. maybe Burgundy pants or something…just my opinion though 

IMG_0642.jpeg

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Scroll down to the bottom to see some good concepts for this team:

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/04/uni-concepts-jets-cardinals-and-commanders/

The uniforms are pretty good.  The logo on the helmet is straight garbage.  Laughably bad, IMHO.   Even worse than the current one, which is dog ****.  We've got to get away from the "W" on the helmet.  It's just kindergartener lame.  There's zero pop or energy around that logo.  Just cheap electrical tape-looking logo that some kid slapped on a helmet.  It's perfectly fine as the current ticker on the tv screen, and an upper left breast logo on a polo shirt.  It's suited for that.  But we need an entirely different logo for the helmet, and need to ditch the matte/satin helmet while we're at it.  I find matte helmets incredibly boring and soft-looking, and they all make even the best logos look cheap, like they came in one of those plastic balls from a bubblegum type machine.  

Personally, I think we need to just go back to our old uniforms (maybe a slight tweak here or there) and come up with a kick-ass logo once the name is changed.  Even if the name isn't changed, we desperately need a real helmet logo.  Every single time I see us play on Sundays, I just can't stand the fact that we're taking the field in those pathetic get-ups.  Easily the worst in the entire league, IMO.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Need to trash the long Commanders name on the front. Need a smaller logo. maybe medals or something on left side of Jersey? W ?  something else.

I totally agree w/you on the Long Commanders font across the front… get rid of it 👍

The Commanders wordmark is just another in a long line of why the re-brand was so bad. 

It's hard to read. It's not easily identifiable. You have to actually study it for a second,to read what it says. The lines above and below it,  don't make it any easier. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

For me, give me this right here as the home uni … and keep the pants the same and just change out the Burgundy Jersey for the White on the Road and call it a day, and add a alternative uni  incorporating the same.. maybe Burgundy pants or something…just my opinion though 

IMG_0642.jpeg

I love everything about this except the dumb stars above the logo.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

The Commanders wordmark is just another in a long line of why the re-brand was so bad. 

It's hard to read. It's not easily identifiable. You have to actually study it for a second,to read what it says. The lines above and below it,  don't make it any easier. 

I don't care for any of the names across the chest looks, it comes across like a cheap Halloween costume and suggests unis are becoming to generic

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I love everything about this except the dumb stars above the logo.

Wow I didn’t even see that till I read your post… yup totally agree most of the time less is best imho… I don’t like them at all 👍 leave them off