Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Someone here will like this uniform tracker website.  Maybe one person, but there will be someone

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2023&week=13&league=NFL

One of my favorite sites, that I even helped contribute to once upon a time...you can see weird anomalies like the Skins wearing their white jerseys 42 straight times vs. the Giants from 1981-2001.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Someone here will like this uniform tracker website.  Maybe one person, but there will be someone

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2023&week=13&league=NFL

I like the uniforms it shows the 49ers will have when they play us. Why can't we have Cyber Socks like they do?

2023_SF_AAA.gif

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

...you can see weird anomalies like the Skins wearing their white jerseys 42 straight times vs. the Giants from 1981-2001.

Really, all it takes is a team like ours that always, at the time, wore white at home, versus a team that always wore blue at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Really, all it takes is a team like ours that always, at the time, wore white at home, versus a team that always wore blue at home.

True, although I never understood why Gibbs preferred white jerseys at home all the time. Most teams only do it due to hot weather, and even the Cryboys wear their blue jerseys at home a couple of times a year these days. White jerseys all the time is boring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

True, although I never understood why Gibbs preferred white jerseys at home all the time. Most teams only do it due to hot weather, and even the Cryboys wear their blue jerseys at home a couple of times a year these days. White jerseys all the time is boring.

It's one of the drawbacks,  so to speak, in always wearing white at home.

You end up wearing that uniform 14 - 15 times a year. 

5 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

It's one of the drawbacks,  so to speak, in always wearing white at home.

You end up wearing that uniform 14 - 15 times a year. 

I remember at Dallas would be one of the few times during the season you would see the burgandy jersey with the white pants 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 12:04 AM, RemoveSnyder said:

messing around with ai image creator:

OIG.Enix3Lxq_xackCvHRPxx.jpeg.2a87a316ebd7db7de051a0549d027a7d.jpegOIG.rKnKwfWbNO7wld2HI9oK.jpeg.cdf77cff89105ccec69d2eb753fcb335.jpegOIG.wJDBP1TKAr8x1.A4rS_p.jpeg.83253b8d78900aa6c73a07e3ac65aa96.jpegOIG.0hpCxbndGBqOhRHem8sN.jpeg.4014cda5d6c81c65b8d7bd35f773024b.jpeg 

OIG.OTVpUTpyS3NjP75Hf8Mn.jpeg.274144d38cb2b0daf50113d4a584a2a2.jpegOIG.8EHbNSoLrPAizTVYBrrZ.jpeg.d2acf36660d75dfd414710e834701e31.jpegOIG.nmBe2CadTEdIcFdDM0Ml.jpeg.600030a38f5b18594f3459432f5b9743.jpegOIG.Vv4rGLoiiPPZWM_ykPMm.jpeg.3c597814b4571b290b4541936f8b35d7.jpeg 

OIG.dSpZCP5ycdxvHahRi3js.jpeg.f5d4ec90acd641999b57ed19e77c605e.jpegOIG.p8L7ojg7uplxiX38mrhw.jpeg.8e01bfa52a08b38a08d4a76c58beb0a8.jpegOIG.z5HZUbVpRWlIxkq506FP.jpeg.a17397b7cd6ab9cd114bb8defea3d9d6.jpegOIG_4xvx.L3xYqsSfKLNiNpS.jpeg.39ad01d29a07de620e644db3d61607e0.jpeg

Big uniform nerd here as well. Love the first helmet with the 3 Star and white stripes. Simple and cool. If they were gonna go with Generals, that would fit perfect.

I say go to an updated, sexier version of the old uniforms with new helmet logo. Do not change the colors AT ALL, try to look like the Gibbs uniforms of the 80's but a current update.

As far as the current Commanders uniforms, helmet is OK, it looks awesome when they wear the white shirt, red pants, and red helmet. Reminds me of the old Redskins the most. But they never wear those ones, which pisses me off. I hate the all-blacks, the all-whites and the all-reds, they look like pajamas. Red shirt with white pants is OK although I hate the Commanders logo on the red shirts. So uncool. That name is just so "Snyder dancing in the owner's box" uncool.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Man I hate our uni’s, I know we’ve got far bigger issues to resolve but a complete new look would nice.

I think you’re going to get your wish in the next 2-3 years.  

They’re not going to do a rebrand this off season, too much else to do.  But I think we’re going to get a rebrand and a whole scale new look will be coming.  I’m hoping the colors remain the same, but I’m not even sure they will.  

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

As long as we stay Burgundy and Gold 

I would argue we’re not burgundy and gold now. 

Also, I would also argue our gold has never been gold it’s been yellow.  The saints wear gold.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They’re not going to do a rebrand this off season, too much else to do.  But I think we’re going to get a rebrand and a whole scale new look will be coming.  I’m hoping the colors remain the same, but I’m not even sure they will.  

Also, I would also argue our gold has never been gold it’s been yellow.  The saints wear gold.  

I'm not sure the rules allow that unfortunately.  Like new owners can change things up but otherwise it's every five years, so this year they probably could and then later they probably don't count later

I'm kind of hoping uniform design was something done during this season while there were limits on the other stuff they could do

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

We haven’t been burgundy and gold  since Vince Lombardi ruined that for us and turned us cranberry and yellow. 

You know, people could argue that the " burgundy " in the burgundy and gold you're referring to, wasn't really burgundy. It really was maroon. 

To me this is maroon:

image.thumb.png.8df4db4bbc42ae10f75c59410316fe28.png

image.png.3965cb3a77ce7cd2052a409bfe2c1dba.png

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The way the new owners were talking about how they used to love watching the Redskins, I don't think the colours will ever change buddy.

BAG4EVER 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

You know, people could argue that the " burgundy " in the burgundy and gold you're referring to, wasn't really burgundy. It really was maroon. 

To me this is maroon:

image.thumb.png.8df4db4bbc42ae10f75c59410316fe28.png

image.png.3965cb3a77ce7cd2052a409bfe2c1dba.png

This uniform you show with Sonny is exactly what we should be going back to. Look how simple and classy that jersey is. It's not far off of what the Browns wear with their orange pants and brown jerseys. The vintage look is timeless, like the Yankees pinstripes and road grays. Let the newer teams have the flashy stuff while the older franchises stay true to their roots and looks. Again, some of the stuff I've seen the artists here on ES put out has been spot on. Our ownership should check it out if they haven't already.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Please get rid of the Commanders name spelled out on front of the Jerseys. Need a new logo something that shows power or...strength for the Commanders. The W is okay just add to it or...looks like a HS jersey.

Sometimes looks are not deceiving.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This uniform you show with Sonny is exactly what we should be going back to. Look how simple and classy that jersey is. It's not far off of what the Browns wear with their orange pants and brown jerseys. The vintage look is timeless, like the Yankees pinstripes and road grays. Let the newer teams have the flashy stuff while the older franchises stay true to their roots and looks. Again, some of the stuff I've seen the artists here on ES put out has been spot on. Our ownership should check it out if they haven't already.

Depending on our monitors, the burgundy and maroon all look a little different. But I do agree a deeper darker "Burgundy" would be my preference. If they could take that shade and go back to the WFT uniforms. I'd be a fan.

There are plenty of designs from the past they could lean on to fix the Tanyaverse trainwrecks.

Washington+Redskins+1200.jpg

You don't need to copy them exactly. Number Fonts, stripes on the arm or shoulder, etc.

At least bring back the stripes down the sides of the red pant legs.  Otherwise it looks like the team is wearing some kind of red-flannel 'long-john ' underwear.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1