Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Okay, a few thoughts, just my .02:

I like the burgundy matte helmets.  They really pop under a sunny sky.  Leave them alone.  Maybe you could make an argument for putting the two-tone "W" on the helmet, but I'm okay with the current one.

The red jerseys/uniforms:

Drop the "Commanders" name from the front.  So awful.  Don't wear burgundy pants with the burgundy jerseys, it looks high school-ish (I can't stand same colored jerseys and pants).  Wear white pants or yellow pants.  And add a stripe/stripes to the pants!  Looks lazy the current way.

The white jerseys/uniforms:

Replace ALL black trim with yellow trim.  We're not the Falcons or the Cardinals.  Any color pant will do (white, burgundy, yellow), just add striping.  Heck, the combo of the burgundy helmet, white jersey, and yellow pants would be sharp!

The black uniforms.

Terrible.  Just terrible.  Black was never one of our colors.  It looks so lazy and cheap.  Scrap them all together.  If they want an alternate look, how about a yellow helmet?  Only Green Bay has one currently, so it wouldn't be over saturation, plus, it could be a nod back to the Lombardi era with a yellow lid.  Yellow with the two-toned "W".  Heck, even a white helmet would be better than the black one.  And have striping on the alternate helmet!

Like many of you, I miss the old uniforms, and I think we had the best in the NFL.  But with some tweaks, I think this one could really be better.  I will say this:  When I walk into a sports apparel store/fan shop, our stuff, in burgundy and yellow, with that two-toned "W" really stands out.  Stick with those colors...they look great, and I love being unique.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 12:16 AM, Wyvern said:

At least bring back the stripes down the sides of the red pant legs.  Otherwise it looks like the team is wearing some kind of red-flannel 'long-john ' underwear.

Totally agree, it looks like they decided to roll with generic red football pants that any little league team can buy from Dick’s Sporting Goods.

I know opinion is really split on the matte helmets, personally I hate them. But I hate matte finish cars too so I may be in the minority. I'm looking at my replica helmet here and thinking they were perfect though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

I know opinion is really split on the matte helmets, personally I hate them. But I hate matte finish cars too so I may be in the minority. I'm looking at my replica helmet here and thinking they were perfect though.

A replica Redskins helmet?  I agree, that look was pretty much perfect...

• Thumb up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 12:16 AM, Wyvern said:

At least bring back the stripes down the sides of the red pant legs.  Otherwise it looks like the team is wearing some kind of red-flannel 'long-john ' underwear.

it's an extremely common modern style.  That always sucks

If they are gonna stick w/ the name "Commanders", could they at least make the helmet reflect that somehow? Maybe a gold colored Pentagon or even better crossed Cavalry sabers. Anything but that generic clip art "W".

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hazel-Ra said:

If they are gonna stick w/ the name "Commanders", could they at least make the helmet reflect that somehow? Maybe a gold colored Pentagon or even better crossed Cavalry sabers. Anything but that generic clip art "W".

I actually like the "W'...it's growing on me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

I actually like the "W'...it's growing on me. 

I bought a mesh snapback with the Dubya, so I guess I'm playing along to a degree, but it's a long way from my 1st choice. Win the the Division with it regularly, I could be open to re-evaluate🤔

Under no circumstances should the black unis be worn… unless it’s black pants w/white shirts or black jerseys w/white pants… but call me old school if it were up to me it would be

Burgundy Jersey w/white pants (Home)

White Jersey w/Burgundy pants (Road)

and make adjustments to the jerseys, go back to more of a old school look… to be honest except the name and helmet logo there really didn’t need to be changes made from the original 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Under no circumstances should the black unis be worn… unless it’s black pants w/white shirts or black jerseys w/white pants… but call me old school if it were up to me it would be

Burgundy Jersey w/white pants (Home)

White Jersey w/Burgundy pants (Road)

and make adjustments to the jerseys, go back to more of a old school look… to be honest except the name and helmet logo there really didn’t need to be changes made from the original 

I disagree on the home/road selection. I've always preferred to white jersey with burgundy pants at home.  Just seems so elegant and classic.  We should only wear the burgundy tops whenever the opposing home team is wearing white.  Otherwise, just stick with the white tops.  

Also, get rid of the god awful black outline of the numbers.  Bring back the yellow outline!

• Thumb up 1

I think they need to have

2 Helmets - 1 Burgundy and 1 either Gold or White

2 Jerseys - 1 Burgundy and 1 White

3 Pants (duh) - Burgundy/White/Gold

With that, for the primary helmet, they can have 6 different combos to figure out which looks best. 

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think they need to have

2 Helmets - 1 Burgundy and 1 either Gold or White

2 Jerseys - 1 Burgundy and 1 White

3 Pants (duh) - Burgundy/White/Gold

With that, for the primary helmet, they can have 6 different combos to figure out which looks best. 

That's almost exactly what I said, but you said it much more efficiently...thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VRIEL1 said:

and can we get the gold from the crayon box instead of yellow?

nah, we've so rarely actually done that and I see enough with the 9ers and Saints to know it's not my favorite, so I'd rather stick with what we generally do.  The old R helmets, the pants from the seventies, every bit of trim of the gold from the 80s was actually yellow.  I prefer to stick with that

I would really like a yellow jersey though.  All the QB practice jerseys need is a little trim and everything is good

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I disagree on the home/road selection. I've always preferred to white jersey with burgundy pants at home.  Just seems so elegant and classic.  We should only wear the burgundy tops whenever the opposing home team is wearing white.  Otherwise, just stick with the white tops.  

Also, get rid of the god awful black outline of the numbers.  Bring back the yellow outline!

I could go with that too… just not the black unis for me.. stay close as possible to the originals

15 hours ago, MrJL said:

I would really like a yellow jersey though.  All the QB practice jerseys need is a little trim and everything is good

I agree...a yellow jersey done right, with the current helmet and some red pants could look pretty sharp!

16 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

I could go with that too… just not the black unis for me.. stay close as possible to the originals

I think that they should get rid of the black jerseys combo, but here's how I would re-shape the uni look:

Burgundy Top/Yellow Pants (Home)

White Top Burgundy Pants (Road + Home games against DAL, NYG, PHI)

Alternate White Top Yellow Pants (Similar to Throwbacks).

I'm a proponent for updating the look to more modern.  You can still do White/Burgundy for the road games, but since the NFL wants to push more alternate jerseys (and the black ones suck), we can just do a white/yellow combo with the yellow helmets similar to what we wore for the 75th or 80th season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Check out a few designers on twitter. @Gonzodidthis and @brydfly do some nice work on concepts.

image.png.5218aaf6a1ad91843cb6a03539d218a4.png

I will do that...thanks!  

That look above is pretty fantastic...not gold, but not yellow, either...and look!  Stripes on the pants!  lol

On 11/29/2023 at 1:25 PM, mojo said:

image.png.0f6df2ee7d6cffe211b6d9d647670ff0.png

I've been pounding the drum, so to speak, for these since the name change. I would add a gold ribbon to the spear (Spartan style), maybe a single stripe to the sleeve and obviously not use the current name. 

With this logo - Warriors (I know, not happening), I would go with Sentinels. These unis and the current W and call them RedWolves. My .02

HTTR

On 1/16/2024 at 1:22 PM, Command The 414 said:

Yes, yes, yes! I think we should go back to the 91' uniforms (updated for modern), which was our greatest season and the time we looked the best. I would go back to the original uniform and wear the white tops with burgundy pants at home and burgundy tops and white pants away. Never want to see the yellow pants ever again. I would also never allow them to wear all white or all burgundy. I hate those, they always lose and somehow look weaker. Like we're the Colts. And go back to the striped socks, those were sharp.

I would also keep the same logo circle that we had for the Redskins and just pop a W in there and lose the feather. I would make the W a dark burgundy that pops on the white. For alternate, it should represent the new name, whether it be Ballers, Generals, Redwolves or whatever the hell they go with. But please for the love of God, lose the Commanders name. Every time I hear that name I imagine Dan Snyder coming up with it, chuckling with his wife and thinking he's a genius.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Yes, yes, yes! I think we should go back to the 91' uniforms (updated for modern), which was our greatest season and the time we looked the best. I would go back to the original uniform and wear the white tops with burgundy pants at home and burgundy tops and white pants away. Never want to see the yellow pants ever again. I would also never allow them to wear all white or all burgundy. I hate those, they always lose and somehow look weaker. Like we're the Colts. And go back to the striped socks, those were sharp.

I would also keep the same logo circle that we had for the Redskins and just pop a W in there and lose the feather. I would make the W a dark burgundy that pops on the white. For alternate, it should represent the new name, whether it be Ballers, Generals, Redwolves or whatever the hell they go with. But please for the love of God, lose the Commanders name. Every time I hear that name I imagine Dan Snyder coming up with it, chuckling with his wife and thinking he's a genius.

Funny the all whites are ok specially if they placed a stripe down the pants (still think I’d get rid of them) but I totally agree the all burgundy is probably just as bad as the all black… never ever wear them again…