Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

23 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have a pretty broad musical taste and like just about everything (hip-hop, rap, R&B, rock, hair band rock, alt, techno, thrash metal, heavy metal, grunge, etc.).  

I was listening to a dubbed copy of Eazy E - "Eazy Duz It" on a Sony Sport Walkman before you were born Junior ......  

Guess you've never seen the move Platoon in your time Pops. lol

That was the reference to the pic posted above my post, which was a quote from the character in the pic.

Don't know the actors name but he was great in Platoon.

My god this website is broken...

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Guess you've never seen the move Platoon in your time Pops. lol

That was the reference to the pic posted above my post, which was a quote from the character in the pic.

Don't know the actors name but he was great in Platoon.

I actually saw Platoon in the theater when I was 12 with my friends.  Bringing back memories, I grew up in a small town in the foothills, it took a while back then to get new movies, sometimes months after they were released and they would stay forever it seemed like.  Even though it came out in December 1986, we didn't watch it until the summer of 1987 :ols:

I actually remember my mom dropping us off in front of the theater one weekday afternoon and waiting to give the "OK" nod to the lady in the ticket booth cause it was Rated R and we were only 12 years old.  

In all honesty, I don't remember that part and haven't seen that movie in probably 20-25 years.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Edit:  And my top three are:

1.  And Justice For All

2. Master of Puppets

3. Ride the Lightning 

Kill'em All and Ride the Lightning at any time depending on how I feel can be swapped in and out of that 3rd spot.

Right on. There is never a bad time for these 3...Garage Days too. 

As an aside, those 4 albums consecutively will get you from ATL to JAX without having to hear anything else. I've probably done it a dozen times. 😁

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Edit:  And my top three are:

1.  And Justice For All

2. Master of Puppets

3. Ride the Lightning 

Kill'em All and Ride the Lightning at any time depending on how I feel can be swapped in and out of that 3rd spot.

Right on. There is never a bad time for these 3...Garage Days too. 

As an aside, those 4 albums consecutively will get you from ATL to JAX without having to hear anything else. I've probably done it a dozen times. 😁

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I literally have to use Microsoft Edge to use this website.  I didn't even know what Microsoft Edge was a thing until today. 

Yeah i've had to juggle between the computer and my cell phone.  It's working there but it's a pain to type out more than a sentence or 3.  

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Any suggestions for good podcasts to listen to for a long car ride?  Mostly educational and or comedic?

Jim Parsons from Big Bang has one that was interesting.  He discusses a bunch of hot button topics.  It's called "Jim Parsons is too stupid for........." if I remember correctly.

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Any suggestions for good podcasts to listen to for a long car ride?  Mostly educational and or comedic?

Star Talk Radio.  Features Neil DeGrasse Tyson interviewing people about all different subjects.  Also has a comedian co-host (usually Chuck Nice, Eugene Mirman is a regular)

For comedy, I like You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes.  It's less of an interview format than just free-form conversation that can go interesting places.  For a non A-lister, he pulls some pretty interesting names onto his show, be it top-end comedians like Dana Carvey, or out in completely different fields like Bill Nye and Aaron Rodgers.  The podcasts are also usually around two hours long, so they really help to shorten the trip.

And finally, there's Wolf 359, which is a comedic radio-drama set on a space station orbiting the star Wolf 359.  First few episodes start off as somewhat self-contained episodic format, but it starts to serialize.  It may result in you looking forward to driving as it gives you an excuse to listen to the next episode.

44 minutes ago, China said:

Is anyone else irritated by the ads where people by their significant other a car for Christmas?  "Last year she bought her husband a wi-fi meat thermometer, this year she bought him a Hyundai"  Yeah, right.

Gotcha. 

He'll be...ok, y'all can finish that...

1 hour ago, China said:

Is anyone else irritated by the ads where people by their significant other a car for Christmas?  "Last year she bought her husband a wi-fi meat thermometer, this year she bought him a Hyundai"  Yeah, right.

My wife and I talked about this.  No way either of us should make that kind of financial commitment without the other say so.  Like unless you are Bill Gates kinda baller.  Then do whatever the hell you want.  Forget buying your wife a Ferrari, just buy Ferrari. 

I look at those Lexus and Benz commercials buying each other cars without saying anything's as ads targeted to a demographic I'm not part of, its not meant for me, and that's fine.  If you got Lexus money, knock yourself out.  If you got Hyundai money, you need to check yourself. Hyundai trying to start some ****, need to stay in the lane (no oun intended).

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I look at those Lexus and Benz commercials buying each other cars without saying anything's as ads targeted to a demographic I'm not part of, its not meant for me, and that's fine.  If you got Lexus money, knock yourself out.  If you got Hyundai money, you need to check yourself. Hyundai trying to start some ****, need to stay in the lane (no oun intended).

my lexus was one of the best purchases i have ever made

Archived