Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I have no idea what kind of music my housemate is playing but it’s chill af. Makes me wanna smoke a blunt and kick it. 

He's listening to Chillwave/Dreamwave.  Nuages.

Now open YouTube, sync your phone with your headphones, and light up.  :silly:

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It was “Only Memories Remain” by Morning Jacket. 

Great song!  Saw them perform it live for the first time on a beach in Cancun.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@TryTheBeal!did you get that ...And Justice For All deluxe box set?  Holy ****.

A buddy of mine picked it up.  Tons of great live stuff...but still no bass.

Speaking of great chill tunes, Radiohead made the RRHOF.  Light em up!!

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I, too, thought we might be walking into a convo about something like trance music (which is now up there for me with hip hop in favorite genres). But nah, Doc, with the curveball, song sounded like something from the 70s. Interesting...

I listened to it on YT last night, Doc's little song is pretty chill or whatever.  A little soft though, even for me.

But yeah...we need to sneak Doc some edibles, take him to a rave, and just watch his inhibitions melt away as his body becomes one with the dance floor.  Let's help that young man open his third eye and taste the music.  :headbang:

"Renegade, Chew, and Doc walk into a rave......"

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Great song!  Saw them perform it live for the first time on a beach in Cancun.

A buddy of mine picked it up.  Tons of great live stuff...but still no bass.

Speaking of great chill tunes, Radiohead made the RRHOF.  Light em up!!

Don't need no bass!  Tribute to Cliff.  I think it could be my favorite Metallica album ever.  

10 hours ago, Chew said:

Great.

So about that blunt.... :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I, too, thought we might be walking into a convo about something like trance music (which is now up there for me with hip hop in favorite genres). But nah, Doc, with the curveball, song sounded like something from the 70s. Interesting...

Morning Jacket can put a little trance/wave on ya too!

16 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

now your username/password won't be stolen by Russian operatives at Starbucks who are on the same wifi network as you.

Are russians really worried about trying to get my password to ES?  I don't see this sight as being that big of a security risk unless someone is dumb enough to post their banking info or something.

44 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are russians really worried about trying to get my password to ES?  I don't see this sight as being that big of a security risk unless someone is dumb enough to post their banking info or something.

In targeted attacks, the goal is accumulation of data from different sources.  China is doing this with regularity to figure out who it can compromise for espionage purposes, why they went after OMB and now Marriot. The site has where we log in from even if we don't put our location in our profile for example.  The other thing is that without HTTPS, we were at risk for compromise in a way of people from anywhere replacing content on the site with malware, the type that can steal your cookies from other sites that you have tabs open...like your banking site.  This is also on the hopes that no one here uses their password for ES anywhere else, which I promise you isn't the case no matter what that number actually is.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

In targeted attacks, the goal is accumulation of data from different sources.  China is doing this with regularity to figure out who it can compromise for espionage purposes, why they went after OMB and now Marriot. The site has where we log in from even if we don't put our location in our profile for example.  The other thing is that without HTTPS, we were at risk for compromise in a way of people from anywhere replacing content on the site with malware, the type that can steal your cookies from other sites that you have tabs open...like your banking site.  This is also on the hopes that no one here uses their password for ES anywhere else, which I promise you isn't the case no matter what that number actually is.

I guess I better change my 401K password... sigh.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why the laughing pic?

Thanks for sharing though.  Since my bike only has room for one, I'm telling my wife I need to buy a new bike if she wants to go support veterans.  Or she could say no, because she doesn't care about veterans.

Wish me luck.

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Don't need no bass!  Tribute to Cliff.  I think it could be my favorite Metallica album ever.  

Justice was always my favorite. 

We got a sneak of Blackened at midnight on the radio station in Jax at the time, before the album landed. 

My ex and I were living on the top floor of our apartment building. I'm surprised the structure survived the night...

Archived