Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

On 12/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, Warhead36 said:

Best fish to eat? I'm a salmon guy but warming up to tuna.

Fried Calamari

On 12/17/2018 at 10:22 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Anyway, get Brave New World and The Final Frontier.  Those two are head and shoulders above their other post-2000 output.  You can do without the rest.

This how late to the part I am on that group, the first song I heard from them was on that album back when I was first downloading rock to see what I liked (I was like, whoa, cool album cover).

I'm a Luddite when it comes to washers and dryers. Growing up, I never felt my clothes were unclean and not dry. I feel like Washer/Dryer technology topped out in the 80s. 

Am I missing something, not getting a new Samsung/LG front loaders? Do they dry faster? Are clothes empirically cleaner than they were 30 years ago. 

Front loaders are the bees knees....I could never imagine going back to a top loader. 

All personal preference, of course.  But so much easier to barely lift clothes from the basket right into the wash, then scoop them right out of the dryer into a basket.  Especially with my lower back that's always acting up. 

copied this for the mod thread, but thought you all would like it...i don't post on any other non-work website, but i do habituate audio-specialty sites (first career, lifelong interest)...and they are their own interesting subculture of internet animals of course...as expected, many of their forum antics are typical of message boards in general  and some whack stuff will be more exclusive to the main theme of the site and the 'kinds" of folks who'd congregate there...this excerpt below is from one of my faves and it's at the end of their rules page---i particularly liked the last paragraph :D...they don't even allow join-anytime...they have certain times when they open it up for a while when they feel like it :806:

SBAF is an extension of the personalities who run this site. I have no idea why people keep expecting SBAF to be a serious audio site. It's not. And by "extension of the personalities", I mean with the all the good, and all the bad, the flaws of being human; and also the fact that it is impossible to exist as a human being and not have at least someone or some sentient being thinking you are an asshole. For example, lots of people think the Dalai Lama is an asshole. Same goes with Pope Francis. I'm sure a lot of people thought Gandhi or MLK were assholes. I mean, I personally think most nazi-vegans are assholes because they are nicer to animals than to human beings. Lots of cows think that I am an asshole. So do a lot of people.

Another thing to understand about SBAF is that it's not afraid to change at moment's notice. There will always be change and course correction. Count on it. You will not have a tidy set of policies, procedures, and rules like HF. If you like structure and rules, then HF is a better place. The dislikes were reactivated because we allowed an extended open registration period. Since SBAF is a club, we need to weed out people that we do not like, or at least show new people what behaviors are frowned upon. A secondary reason for reactivating dislikes is because a few members started to complain that they were afraid to post because they felt their opinions were in the minority. To one member, I pointed that his perceived minority opinion was actually helpful to me and another senior member. The reactivation of dislikes was intended to help people grow some balls. If you are afraid to being an asshole to another sentient being, much less to a piece of gear, then it's pointless to be a member here.

Please be aware that on occasion, I will drink a lot. This typically happens in the evenings, usually a day before or after a good hike, or when I am on a 16 hour flight. When I am in this state, I will whimsically ban people for showing lack of deference. I know that deference is hard to understand for 27 year olds who like to blow their money on expensive tube amps or audio gear instead of savingup for a house or investing in a business, but that is not my problem. Many of the admins and I like to act like 10 year olds. We do this because it's fun. @brencho loves to give people a hard time for ****s-and-giggles. @zerodeefex will call you out and explain precisely why you are a dumbass, if you are a dumbass. I will pee on gear owned by people who I do not like. Finally, please note that 99% of people never have a problem. If you are that 1%, then some self reflection is suggested.

3 hours ago, Chew said:

Front loaders are the bees knees....I could never imagine going back to a top loader. 

All personal preference, of course.  But so much easier to barely lift clothes from the basket right into the wash, then scoop them right out of the dryer into a basket.  Especially with my lower back that's always acting up. 

Weak fragile as body you have there. I knew you have no chin. 

Three and a half years ago I got relocated from the People's Republic of New Jersey to the Atlanta area thanks to the company I worked for being bought out. Honestly, I was elated. This morning I come in to work and find out the company I work for now has just been bought out by a company based in...Ohio. Merry ****ing Christmas.

Archived