Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Good job dawg.  I wanted to go to school for Computer Science, wish I had, $$$$

Computer Science is the easiest and cheapest way to make money if you have the ability, and skills.  You can learn on your own.  Everything is free on the interwebz.  You can buy a book or learn online for free.   Open Source is free.

It's more about desire and ability than training.  You either have it or you don't.

Good job dawg. I wanted to go to school for Computer Science, wish I had, $$$$

I forget but didn't you graduate with a bs in civil engineering? I like programming, but these programs can take a while.

Since we're in the christmas season, has anyone seen Bad Santa? oh my god, funniest christmas movie EVER :)

I like that movie.

Computer Science is the easiest and cheapest way to make money if you have the ability, and skills. You can learn on your own. Everything is free on the interwebz. You can buy a book or learn online for free. Open Source is free.

It's more about desire and ability than training. You either have it or you don't.

Tell me more.

Since we're in the christmas season, has anyone seen Bad Santa? oh my god, funniest christmas movie EVER :)

I love that movie lol.  It's a classic imo.

I forget but didn't you graduate with a bs in civil engineering? I like programming, but these programs can take a while.

Mechanical Engineering.  Never worked in the field though.  I've thought about going back to school again for computer science, or as Chip mentioned, doing some learning on my own and getting certifications.  

But honestly, I have a great job, 100% work from home to do it, great salary, benefits, etc.  And I do enjoy what I do, which is the most important thing.

Tell me more.

I tell my kids, this generation has it better than anyone.  You can stand up a website for next to nothing, there are youtube videos and free online websites/pdf's to teach you how to code.  You can store **** in the cloud.  If you really have the desire, you can kick out a website that generates income in no time.

My memory of bad Santa is my dad renting it, and my aunt (his older sister, who's like a super feminist) being disgusted and walking off

yeah I could see why shed be disgusted. I have an older brother (5 years older) who watched it one night when I was 13. My parents are really laid back so they didnt even care that I watched it with him :lol:

Reminds me of my dad's feet. Dudes got feet like a ten year POW.

I keep my feet moisturized, but my nails grow real fast and my feet become lethal weapons. If I hit you with a roundhouse barefoot id damn near decapitate you.

I can probably use that talon tapping communication from Jurassic Park

Bro, my ex's big toenail was like Azeem's sword from Robin Hood. She'd knick me with that thing and I'd be like

image-47.jpg

So I was watching Family Feud and the question was "what would you consider juicy gossip about your neighbor?"  The first guy to hit the buzzer said "that he was dead."  No one surveyed in the mall agreed so the second fellow got a chance.  He said "that he's a murderer."  No joy for him either. 

What kind of ****ed up neighborhood gossips about who died and who is murdering people? 

Didn't get the promotion.

Maybe this isn't the place for me.  I'm 0 for 2.

Dropping resumes to move back east. 

Someone will give me an opportunity.  It will be the best management decision they've ever made. I want to take care of people, while exceeding company goals and expectations.

All I need is someone to give me a chance.  

Didn't get the promotion.

Maybe this isn't the place for me.  I'm 0 for 2.

Dropping resumes to move back east. 

Someone will give me an opportunity.  It will be the best management decision they've ever made. I want to take care of people, while exceeding company goals and expectations.

All I need is someone to give me a chance.  

Keep your head up.

Stay focused on your goal.

End of the day... it will all work out.

Move back East anyway. It's more cut throat, but less smoke and mirrors.

Archived