Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Those teams aren't evenly matched.

I'm waiting for one of your patented rants over there at any minute. It's been long overdue. Plus an epic rant with that sweet Vince sig would just be incredible.

Quick question...

When RG3 came back for those three games, did we run any bootleg plays? I can't remember. If we didn't, that is crazy. I think it's kind of ridiculous not to move the pocket once in a while with an o-line this bad. I can't remember seeing us do that. 

I've been wondering the same thing, same with plays out of Shotgun. Last season, RG3 was way more effective on plays run out of Shotgun.

I've been wondering the same thing, same with plays out of Shotgun. Last season, RG3 was way more effective on plays run out of Shotgun.

Yeah man. I get RG3 and everybody wants him to be a pocket QB, but we have to find a way to maximize the pocket as best as we can. Bootlegs, Shotgun, etc. I looked at the Patriots game, and I don't remember seeing Brady under center too much. Same with Manning. Maybe it's time to start running the spread for real with RG3.

From what i remember (getting old so could be wrong) seemed like they would run 1 maybe 2 a game. 

I think Matt the other day checked to see how many times Robert was in the gun compared to under center. I thought it was a very high percentage like 70% or something. IMO he should be in the gun 100% of the time. Its difficult to mess up the timing when your in the gun. 

I really miss the play they always ran where Robert would PA out of the pistol and hit the TE over the middle right away. That play was money and works great. No idea why we never run it anymore. 

Yeah man. I get RG3 and everybody wants him to be a pocket QB, but we have to find a way to maximize the pocket as best as we can. Bootlegs, Shotgun, etc. I looked at the Patriots game, and I don't remember seeing Brady under center too much. Same with Manning. Maybe it's time to start running the spread for real with RG3.

Check this quote from Gruden out when he was hired:

When it comes to the quarterback position, my job is to make him comfortable and productive.

"I'm not going to try to turn RGIII into Andy Dalton or Drew Brees. He isn't them. They're not him. I would be foolish to try to turn RGIII into a pocket passer. It would be foolish. The way he is as a runner, we have to take advantage of that. He strikes fear into defensive coordinators when he runs outside. I'm going to let him be himself."

Then remember his comments yesterday about how you can't be successful in the NFL unless you're a drop back passer.

Someone should remind him of that quote when he was hired.

This is so right. Brady and Manning are very rarely under center anymore. No need for it. All PA can be run out of the pistol. 

Then remember his comments yesterday about how you can't be successful in the NFL unless you're a drop back passer.

Probably why he got hired. Said all the right things. Guy wanted a HC job so bad. Doubt he would have been hired if he told Dan and Bruce that he really likes the potential of Colt McCoy. lol

I watched this video. That's why I started thinking about the lack of bootlegs, and sprints and whatnot. 

Man, I really wish Kyle Shanahan came here WITHOUT his father. That man knows how to call some plays man. :(

The best way to win an argument, is to use someone else's own words against them. This is the second time this week somebody has done that to Gruden. 

Gotta ask you guys b/c i have been thinking about this a lot.....do we (I) owe Mike Shanahan an apology? Was it Haz making all the leaks last year and not MS? Did we screw up firing the guy? Did we screw up our continuity by not letting him finish out his contract and then turning the team over to Kyle? 

Or do we still hate him and im totally over thinking what has come out the last few weeks?

That throw at 1.26 might be one of the best throws i have ever seen a skins QB make. Perfect timing and placement of the ball.

Gotta ask you guys b/c i have been thinking about this a lot.....do we (I) owe Mike Shanahan an apology? Was it Haz making all the leaks last year and not MS? Did we screw up firing the guy? Did we screw up our continuity by not letting him finish out his contract and then turning the team over to Kyle? 

Or do we still hate him and im totally over thinking what has come out the last few weeks?

That throw at 1.26 might be one of the best throws i have ever seen a skins QB make. Perfect timing and placement of the ball.

I still think Shanny needed to go. Just for the simple fact that even if you look at 2012, he still had a horrible record here over 4 seasons. Now I do wish we would have been able to keep Kyle around. I was probably more excited when he came here than Mike.

I KNOW I was more excited for Kyle than Mike. I've been following the Texans since they came to the NFL in 2002. When they got Kyle in 208 I believe, that offense started rocking. Sure, you could say Kubiak had his hand in it, but I think Kyle had just as much impact. His offense rocked here in DC all four years, no matter who was the QB, the offense produced (See Patriots v Redskins 2011). He's still doing his thing in Cleveland, and now that they are starting Manziel, it could go to another level.

Anyway, yeah, I still blame Mike Shanhan. He quit on the team in 2012, but we got hot. I blame Allen and Haslett too. I blame Snyder a little too. The only reason I can't give him too much blame is because I really think he did the right thing in hiring Allen and Shanahan. He just did it the wrong way. 

I watched this video. That's why I started thinking about the lack of bootlegs, and sprints and whatnot. 

Man, I really wish Kyle Shanahan came here WITHOUT his father. That man knows how to call some plays man. :(

The best way to win an argument, is to use someone else's own words against them. This is the second time this week somebody has done that to Gruden. 

that video makes my eyes misty.....

......    and my panties too.... 

MLSKINS, on 11 Dec 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I KNOW I was more excited for Kyle than Mike. I've been following the Texans since they came to the NFL in 2002. When they got Kyle in 208 I believe, that offense started rocking. Sure, you could say Kubiak had his hand in it, but I think Kyle had just as much impact. His offense rocked here in DC all four years, no matter who was the QB, the offense produced (See Patriots v Redskins 2011). He's still doing his thing in Cleveland, and now that they are starting Manziel, it could go to another level.

Anyway, yeah, I still blame Mike Shanhan. He quit on the team in 2012, but we got hot. I blame Allen and Haslett too. I blame Snyder a little too. The only reason I can't give him too much blame is because I really think he did the right thing in hiring Allen and Shanahan. He just did it the wrong way. 

I shouldn't have watched that video.

How can a guy look so amazing then and be so different now? Just so strange.

Who's slicin' onions up in here? <_<

Makes me all crazy.  I want him back, in all his glory.  He's amazing.

remember when Matt Schaub was considered a really good QB?  

and then...boom... he was (is) garbage?

that guy never had the elite skill set in his quiver, but he lost his mojo, and and his confidence.  and turned to crap.

but he also lost Kyle as his OC....

So... Yesterday I had a final exam. Teacher gave us 93 questions to study, only 20 were going to be on the test. There is no freaking way that I was going to be able to memorize 93 questions. So I did as much as I can. I think I memorized 50. I had the other 43 on my phone. And I was going to pull the phone out if I needed it.

Unfortunately, the professor knew some students were cheat on the midterm, so he got a grad student to help him on the test. Man, they had that class room on lock down. It was as if they were Sean Taylor and Ronnie Lott. I could not do a thing. And of course none of the 50 questions that I knew were on the test.

I'm blown. 

you have a maltese???

is this you??

that video makes my eyes misty.....

...... and my panties too....

Perhaps a little psychological projection in your first post there, with your RGIII thong on and ****. I know, I know, I have little damn dogs. No I don't dress the little girl chihuahua up in dresses (yes I do) or carry them around and kiss them like Frank Caliendo's Bill Belechick impression (yes I do).

I had to bring a lot of pups home at my old job to give them overnight care. My maltese was basically dead two separate times. Thought it was over. Long story short, he came out of it and still didn't eat or walk straight for 9 days. Eventually he got better, but it took a lot of petting and talking to him. He was here for two weeks before boss gave me an ultimatum. I had to keep him. He was still at risk IMO, and our bond was too strong. He would slip back in to a depression when I tried to leave him at the store.

My other two dogs kinda have similar stories.

Thank Buddah I'm gone from there, I'd have 9 dogs by 2024. All together weighing the same as a normal sized dog.

Archived