Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Best of luck to you ix.

I know I'm blessed to have a job, but if I don't aspire to something greater....what's the point?

I don't want to be the 60 year old man in a ground level position griping that things never change.

I want to drive change and make impacts on people to make them better.

Better working environments foster upward morale swings.

Better morale promotes better working efficiency.

I will be loved by the workforce and upper management.

Win. Win.

Nose on the grindstone, never surrender.

After all, goonies never say die!

Give me five dominant seasons with the name (and Super Bowl wins), and they can change it to whatever. Give me something to be proud of before I die :lol:

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Honestly though, I just want one. I need one Super Bowl. I'm good. Don't even care after that. I can take the losing and whatnot, but not having the memories of a Super Bowl season hurts me. I just need one. 

Man, taking vacation Thanksgiving week and being off 9 days killed me.  I was so far behind, same with everyone else, and have been busting my butt to get back on track (which I am now).  I somewhat got tossed under the bus yesterday at work by an account, but the email sent to my boss was so vague, nobody knows what the specific issue is, so we can't research it.  

If your not going to bring it straight to me, I just ask that you have all the information ready so we can look into the issue and fix it or confirm if it's really an issue.  I reached out yesterday morning immediately upon being notified and have gotten no response via a call back or email.  I've been sitting here like

SupernaturalDeanWhatTheHell-1.gif

Yep

I used to hate that **** when it happened.  Thinking about college, I had one professor who taught Statics and Dynamics (both classes) and he was known to be a hard ass.  We called him Dr. Death cause he was the weeding out professor in the Engineering department.  Class might start out with 50 people, by end of the semester, it's down to 20.  

He would only give 3 questions on every test, first two worth 33 points, last one 34 points.  The first one was always easy, if you didn't get 33 points, find another major.  Second one was a lot harder, not impossible though.  I would usually get close to full credit on it (he gave partial points for correct steps, if you miscalculated something but carried out the remaining steps right, you got credit, just deducted for the one mistake).

The third problem man, holy **** Batman!  It was damn near impossible unless you were a genius.  My scores would usually go 33 points, 28 points, then 5-7 points.  I would always get a D.  He only gave 3 tests and one final per semester.  No credit for homework, attendance, etc.  

Thing is, I'd study my ass off, I'm talking 30 hours for the test, get a 67 on it.  One time in Dynamics, I only could study 5 hours and scored a 68, so I was like **** studying more than 5 hours for this bull****.  I had to retake Dynamics, got a different professor in the summer and made an A in the class.

Its weird how people pick up other materials better than others. I suck at thermo, but I'm decent at my math methods class. For everyone else its like the complete opposite.

I really can't fail this thermo class either, its like the CORE class for Chemical engineering, which makes sense but still.

I hear ya Doc.  I had to take thermodynamics I and II because it was a pre-requisite for Heat Transfer along with Fluid Mechanics.  I actually did ok in those though.  Heat transfer and fluid mechanics sucked.  

I never had any issues with calculus, physics with the exception of Matrices/Linear Algebra, an elective I had to take.  But in my two electrical engineering classes and materials class that was required, I sucked ass lol

Yall are brilliant. I'm in awe of those subjects, but suck at math. I mean I can multiply by 7 like a muhfuh, because of football. 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49...I can go all the way up to 77 and I start slowing down. 84....91!

I read this **** about how gravity works and it was all like G=S/R2 and ****. Then they broke it down and the problem became a huge series of insane calculations.

Chemistry? It flies over my head. All of it. Once they started talking about mole, it was over. Failed in high school. I stopped going to that class to hang out in photography. That was my ****. Got me nowhere *shrugs*

"Math is the language of the universe." - DeGrasse Tyson

Archived