Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

If you have to ask yourself, she probably knows

I dont remember my parents saying anything to me. Over time I began to put two and two together.

I couldnt enable my kids to believe in something like santa claus past a certain point, that im sure

Yeah, I think she's starting to figure it out.  I know at one of our friends kids b-day party, we were talking to our friends mom and she wasn't paying attention that Tazette and another one of the kids were right behind her and she started talking about putting money under her other grandsons pillows when they lost a tooth.

She never asked us, but there is no way she didn't hear it.  That child has superhuman hearing.  I figured out the tooth fairy wasn't real, asked my parents, they told me no.  Came back 10 mins later saying that Santa and the Easter Bunny weren't real either then and they told me the truth.

Yeah, my established cut-off is 8 years old, so she would get this Christmas and next Christmas to figure it out if she hasn't, hear about it on TV or from friends, etc.  

Hmm... Shake that thing !!!

On a more serious note... I saw outfits and such for that elf on a shelf.

That's just crazy to me.

LOL, definitely TOOC.  Yeah, we don't go that far with it.  She got it when she was 3, named it and we move it around, that's pretty much it.  I've seen people create funny scenarios with them and what not, we just keep it simple.  

The fat sweaty nerd in 5th grade didn't know Santa wasn't real 'til the teacher told the class.

He was like, "wWhHaAtT!?!? He isn't real!?!? Noooo!! Noooo!!"

NLFgIpE.gif

^^^ The resemblence of the two is uncanny.

The entire classes' eyes opened up in unison. We were like what??? You don't know Santa isn't real? Dude was ballin'. Lolz.

I remember the night my parents told me Santa wasn't real. They broke it to me real subtly. I had to ask 10 times if he wasn't real. Got enjoyment out of my heartbreak. Harborors of suffering. I'll still get them good presents this year.....but not great presents. Lol.

I laid out in a snow shower after I knew, crying like a family member passed away. Like it made a difference. Nope, still got a Super Nintendo and a drumset in following years.

Donkey Kong on the Intellivision and Colecovision was bad ass.  Now I might have to look for one lol.  Where did he find one?  Ebay?

Nope...TOYS R US!!!  for $45, no ****

The man nearly had a breakdown right there in the aisle.  He pouted like a kid while holding it up to me...which is hilarious, considering he makes all the dough in the house & can buy whatever he wants...you had to have seen it, dude!  I haven't looked at it to see what's on it, but I'll let you know in a few if DK is included.

He's off to Microcenter now to buy a drone thingy with a camera for our grandson, and he's been mentioning the 30-something inch tv/monitor thingy that's AV/HDMI whatever the **** compatible thingy for a month now, that's only $173.

I swear, one more box of electronic crap in this house might throw me over the edge.  I can type super fast, and wish I'd taken stenography...take him back old school style, LOL

Remember now,...I'm happy with my Duke blue light-up ****.  An NFL.com gift certificate would make the ol' girl happy.  I will not see that, though...even though I'm the one who bought my Valentines gift last year ('78 signed/authenticated Theismann card...I surprised him with what he bought me, LOL)...and I know the "jersey chick" that got me an UBER discount on my 10-Elite. 

Dude better step up this year.  I ain't jokin'.

Oh yeah ...hubby got an Intellivision with like 80 games yesterday : he's one happy kid.

Oh man the memories. We went to Fair Oaks Mall way back when,(this is when the place just opened),and went inside some store or another and there was the Intellivision on display. Well hell I was there fast. Baseball was the game on the screen. Started to play with the display and noticed dad was watching and smiling. Price tag was too high so we had to leave it be. Ended up getting it after mom and dad split up. I bought all the games for the thing with whatever pay checks I made. Tron Deadly Discs and Dungeons and Dragons were the favorites with Football and Baseball right there with them. 

Oh man the memories. We went to Fair Oaks Mall way back when,(this is when the place just opened),and went inside some store or another and there was the Intellivision on display.

We went a lot when it first opened too, but it was a drive...my grandmother would hide behind a Reader's Digest, LOL...but I remember my brother freaking out on it too. (We had that big bad Atari thing! Hi-tech!)

I've maybe played Pacman for about 5 hours total in my life, learned to warp thru the first Mario, then nothing.

He better make this worth my time. :P  :huh:

How was it? I tossed it in the instant que the other day

It's going a tad slow in the first episode, but I think its got promise.  I've always found the Khan Dynasty interesting in history, it's taken place in the Kublai Khan era (Genghis Khan's grandson) and they are about to go to war.  Definitely gonna continue watching it.

Watching Marco Polo on Netflix (first episode) and knowing it takes place during the Kublai Khan era, it makes me remember BDs Mongolian Grill, which makes me want stir-fry. And there isn't one in Charlotte anymore :(

BDs Mongolian BBQ. I was master griller there two separate times. Worked there when at ages 18 and 21. Most physically demanding job I've had, flipping and spinning those swords, mixing stir fry up all fast. We had some great groups of guys working there sometimes. Would sneak rum behind the grill on weekends quite often. Man, it was a party up in that piece. It'd be smoldering hot, and we'd be caked with grease, but the hunnies still wanted our greasy balls in their mouths.

Made $9 an hour, but would walk outta there with $50 in tips and spend it all on drinks at Barking Dog/Tommy Joes.

Archived