Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Is there a superior offensive lineman in next year's draft class? Someone worth taking in the top 5? Who could we draft in the top 5 that addresses our needs? Maybe a trade-for-more-picks scenerio?

There are 5 round one prospects at OT and one guard that's 1st/2nd round talent.  All over 300 LBs.  I'd take the OT with my first pick, guard with the second, or center.  A few good young FA's available too, hopefully we can lure in 2 FAs and draft the other two positions and be set for next year.

I've said it multiple times but it has to be said again, stay with who we got. Yes, we got 3-13 with what we got, but we don't need to blow everything up. Get a better o-line. No one should be fired over this season, except Haslett and maybe Allen. But the most important thing is to keep some ****ing consistency for once in our damn life instead of changing coaches because ol' Danny boy feels like messing around with his new toy. 

We have the potential to be a good team. All we need is an offensive line. Then we can win all the games 48-35. We can be like Baylor. Defense is overrated. They don't get torched that often anyway and they're "bend but don't break". But the offensive line has become such an issue that NO ONE can succeed behind it. Nobody. Not Luck, not Peyton, not Eli Manning, not Brady, nobody. You must fix it. Then give RG3 another go. 

I've been harsh on RG3 but we gave up so much for him. And it's not time to give up on him yet. He's frustratingly inconsistent but with another offseason of learning, studying, and getting better there is that hope that he'll resurrect his career and become a decent QB.

Lol Gruden under fire again. What did he do? How is he doing a bad job? 

Offensive line can't block for **** and has no talent yet that's his fault. No one can succeed under that offensive line. 

You want to get on him, get on him for the playcalling. And he didn't even call that bad a game today. 

I've said it multiple times but it has to be said again, stay with who we got. Yes, we got 3-13 with what we got, but we don't need to blow everything up. Get a better o-line. No one should be fired over this season, except Haslett and maybe Allen. But the most important thing is to keep some ****ing consistency for once in our damn life instead of changing coaches because ol' Danny boy feels like messing around with his new toy.

We have the potential to be a good team. All we need is an offensive line. Then we can win all the games 48-35. We can be like Baylor. Defense is overrated. They don't get torched that often anyway and they're "bend but don't break". But the offensive line has become such an issue that NO ONE can succeed behind it. Nobody. Not Luck, not Peyton, not Eli Manning, not Brady, nobody. You must fix it. Then give RG3 another go.

I've been harsh on RG3 but we gave up so much for him. And it's not time to give up on him yet. He's frustratingly inconsistent but with another offseason of learning, studying, and getting better there is that hope that he'll resurrect his career and become a decent QB.

Sorry. This team is a smoldering dumpster fire, across the board. It really isnt debatable at this point. Gruden is more a symptom than the source, but his style has not inspired confidence in anyone. Team is still undisciplined, lacking attention to detail, and lacking hustle. They don't give a damn. So you wanna tell me that the head coach gets a free pass for all of that?

At the end of the day, this team needs a shot in the arm with a legit GM, and that legit GM is going to bring in his own people. Jay Gruden, at the very least, should be collateral.

No head coach should ever get a free pass for hizw team being this bad. Ever

So we should just fire a coach after one year instead of letting him learn on the job 

I get it 

You're right it's a dumpster fire because the team has no talent. So how is that Gruden's fault? 

You've honestly got to explain to me what he's doing because I don't ****ing see it. The main reasons for 3-13 are offensive line and defense, neither of which are his fault. Any other thing is just minor squabbling. 

So we should just fire a coach after one year instead of letting him learn on the job 

I get it 

We have 2 weeks left in the season and I have yet to see that he has learned anything. Why should I have confidence that this will change with another season?

He's in over his head.

I get it

Ill ask again. So he gets a free pass for everything I mentioned?

Snyder sucks and we need a gm, but its laughable to think the buck skips the head coach and lands at the feet of the owner. That shouldnt happen.

So you think that if/when we get a new gm, he should just keep Gruden and let him learn on the job?

He said to DAve Owens too on CBS that he was in over his head, he's a rookie head coach. 

To be fair, Pettite is also a rookie head coach and the Browns are okay. McCoy was also a rookie head coach with the Chargers and did well. There is a learning curve, some people grasp it quicker than others. 

Browns is interesting. They're just as bad as us but somehow have a wining record. Shanahan is doing a good job coordinating there though. 

I'll write this season off because you can't expect results on a return after 1 year, especially when your franchise QB played 6 games out of 15. 

He said to DAve Owens too on CBS that he was in over his head, he's a rookie head coach.

To be fair, Pettite is also a rookie head coach and the Browns are okay. McCoy was also a rookie head coach with the Chargers and did well. There is a learning curve, some people grasp it quicker than others.

Browns is interesting. They're just as bad as us but somehow have a wining record. Shanahan is doing a good job coordinating there though.

I'll write this season off because you can't expect results on a return after 1 year, especially when your franchise QB played 6 games out of 15.

In other words, the head coach gets a free pass. Got it...

That's another problem the head coach thinks your franchise quarterback is the devil.

What you all don't understand is that the coach can't win with a ****ty offensive line and the QB can't do **** under a ****ty offensive line. The offensive line is a MAJOR point of contention and a major reason why this team is ass. When that offensive line is fixed then you can complain about coaching and QB's and whatnot. But right now neither the QB or coach is being given a fair chance to be assessed properly because that offensive line doesn't even belong in the NFL. 

Archived