Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Replace that visual with eating a twizzler. Pretty much the same thing

Lol wrap it around your hand and ****. I never listened to wildflower by Ghost till right now, ****ing lol.

Buying food at Giant and Safeway is disgusting? Well that makes a hell of a lotta fit people I know disgusting! It depends more on what you eat instead of where you get it from. I shop at Safeway and stay in good shape.

Agreed, I yolked and I am forced to shop at Safeway. There nothing else here, I hate Safeway, overpriced. I try to hit the farmers markets, not cause its better quality, I like my gmos, but because it is cheaper.

BS was so annoying that people finally got fed up with his trolling schtick and thankfully action was taken. You have to understand he was one of the worst posters on this site. Every post he made was a spin or misconstrued argument that twisted someone else's words, and he would flip flop all the time and pretend he never said things that he clearly said. For instance, he said La Stella was the best second baseman right now but he ended up getting traded. He said the Braves were talented but none of the Braves hit for **** and they missed the playoffs. He continuously defended Frank Wren and said he shouldn't be fired even though anyone who was a true Braves fan, in addition to the ENTIRE AJC comments section, wanted him gone. He continuously brought up NL East titles from a decade ago to try to prove that the Braves were relevant, even though they only got one World Series win over it. He was a terrible troll who always changed his argument intentionally to piss everyone here off, and the site is better off without his inflammatory comments and idiotic antics. 

Whatever your thoughts on Kyle and BS were, this place is better off without them arguing and feuding and trolling and tearing the MLB thread apart. Kyle was a troll who constantly brought up the Nats in a thread that was meant for general MLB discussion, and BS used that thread to constantly troll the Nats fans and boast about how excellent the Braves were. Both are gone and we're better off. 

Fire pits.  Anyone have one and what are some good ones that are affordable while providing heat in a good radius?  

Best one I have ever seen was a hole dug in the ground, with logs as Stroke said. Probably 20 of us out at a wine tasting all comfy in late fall.

I have one on my back patio and I think it sucks but the wife wanted one. We also have one of those propane heaters...but we typically are not out long enough to bother with it.

If the Redskins finish 3-13 and the Cowboys end up winning the Super Bowl, I might have to wash my hands of football for awhile. I don't know how you guys dealt with the Cowboys dynasty in the 90s. especially since the Redskins were horrible during those years.

Redskins will win the last 2 games...haha. Hopefully.

The only person who doesn't like me enough to try and get me banned is the grinch and he has me on ignore so yea

Just so you are clear on this, I have never even reported a post that I can recall. So as annoying as you can be, I am not that guy. I don't wan't you banned or anyone, I simply don't want to be bothered with your consistent need for attention. Same stupid crap over and over is the reason I have you on ignore. The only reason I saw this post was because someone else quoted it.

Even that will likely go over your head. Don't bother to respond...I won't see it anyway.

Bro, I was just toastin' up next to my firepit. I've posted a couple pics of it on here. Square stones are all I use. You can adjust the thing to reflect heat in a direction. Pic 1 is in its normal state (without beers on it of course), pic 2 is with a reflective heat wall. Only two stones high next to me, 6 stones high on the other side, with stones standing upright for enhanced heat reflection.

Nice set-up Stroker.  I think I might just make my own.  Any preference on the type of stones to use?  

I like stroker's layout.  I would definitely use an old wash tub or some other sort of "catch" for the ashes and such.  Wash tub with a grate over it.

When the goon family finally moves back east I'll build us one.  I can't wait!

Yeah, I think I might buy a steel tub basin and dig a hole in the ground for it.  Although, I don't want to dig a huge hole in the ground lol.  I'll search around see what I can find.

I scorched the Earth, no ash-catching tub or grate for the wood. It's easy to clean the ashes out with a shovel or cup. I like that it's on the ground, gives more of a campfire feel.

I'd be scared to death that I'd set the backyard on fire.  

Best one I have ever seen was a hole dug in the ground, with logs as Stroke said. Probably 20 of us out at a wine tasting all comfy in late fall.

I have one on my back patio and I think it sucks but the wife wanted one. We also have one of those propane heaters...but we typically are not out long enough to both with it.

Yeah, I browsed the ones made for the patio and there are some nice looking ones, but they start looking pretty expensive and I'm with you, not sure I'll be out there too terribly long.  Although, I've talked to the wife about mounting a TV bracket outside to hook up for cook-outs in the fall.  

Not leave one out there permanently, but use the extra one I have (currently in the garage with Roku hooked up to watch while using the treadmill), just move it when I want to.  

This has been a pet peeve of mine for the last few seasons: Why do they insist on calling the Saturday NFL games "A special edition of Thursday Night Football". Do what? How is it  a special edition of Thursday Night Football? Why isn't it just Saturday Night Football? That would be like calling Monday Night Football a special edition of Sunday Football. It makes no sense.

Outdoor TV, build a box around it that closes. Trust me. Like a cabinet let's say.

Either that or have a overhang that protects everything.

This has been a pet peeve of mine for the last few seasons: Why do they insist on calling the Saturday NFL games "A special edition of Thursday Night Football". Do what? How is it  a special edition of Thursday Night Football? Why isn't it just Saturday Night Football? That would be like calling Monday Night Football a special edition of Sunday Football. It makes no sense.

Completely agree. I believe it has something to do with college games.

Still, could they not just say...NFL Saturday night, I mean anything but that silliness.

Taze, I picked the pavers I liked the most. There are different colors, shapes and sizes. The red ones are badass. You can use anything made of concrete or stone. Buncha options. I say walk through Home Depot, look at everything, and imagine how you'd build a pit with each kind of stone/brick/paver.

As far as fire hazards: The threat isn't that the fire is directly on the ground, as campfires are made on the ground with no "wall" around them on the reg. You might surround it with stones or make a reflective wall of stones behind it, but the wood is on the ground. The fire isn't going to spread outward like someone poured gasoline around the yard, but a grate is fine.

The real threat is embers flying in to dry, flammable things. If there's been a drought, or even just a few days of hot sun, it will dry everything out. Had to trim some bush (TOOC) before using the firepit for the first time. Also mist some of the closer **** with the hose in the summer. Remove dry leaves in the fall. I've only seen it happen once, where a fire ignites outside of a controlled fire. Dude was grilling at night when I was like 8 years old. Bloop, some tall dry grass about 20 yards away lit up like a mother****er. For real though, the grass was over a foot tall and yellow.

It's not as dangerous as it may seem. I was paranoid of my fires the first several times I made them, but now I'm comfortable, especially with the wall of pavers around the fire.

Had a long talk Wednesday with my manager.  Corporate line of BS as to why I didn't get the job.

Spoke with my Operations Supervisor (2nd in command) today for a long time and feel much better.  Basically, the company is afraid of hiring internally because they have chosen poorly in the past.  Everyone wanted me to get the job, but were afraid that I might turn out like the other internal candidates.  They are afraid that because I have such a good rapport with the workforce, that I couldn't draw the line between friendship and business.  I can appreciate that fear.  It makes sense.  I don't agree but I sympathize with their conclusion.

Bigger and better awaits the Goon family.  I will succeed.  I will make a better life for us.

Hail.

Nah, man.  The only hammer that matters around here now is 

The Polish Hammer

I was going to be highly disappointed if no one corrected him lol. 

Speaking of correct, I bombed my second out of three finals man. I have one more left, and it's not looking too good. My only hope is that I did so well during the classes and homework, and reports, that my grade can balance out to a C.

I suck at taking test.

So i live in upstate NY near Albany. Went down to the City this weekend for a bus trip....worst experience ever. A million freaking people all over the place. Couldn't even walk on sidewalk. Was just terrible. Only my second time being there but for my money i would prefer to go to DC any day. So much more to do and see. People also are genuinely nicer as well.   

So i live in upstate NY near Albany. Went down to the City this weekend for a bus trip....worst experience ever. A million freaking people all over the place. Couldn't even walk on sidewalk. Was just terrible. Only my second time being there but for my money i would prefer to go to DC any day. So much more to do and see. People also are genuinely nicer as well.   

Did a pimp chase you, cause you to fall into a sewer, and then have to deal with C.H.U.Ds?

Archived