Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm hungry but I hate taking lunch before 1. Feels like the workday goes by way faster if I take lunch at 1 instead of 12 or 12:30.

+1

It takes discipline, but if you can make it to 1:00 for lunch, the day is over when you get back :)

I'm 8-5 with an hour lunch.  I always go at 1:00-2:00. Makes the afternoon shorter.

The department we support called a conference call at 2-3 today.  We have the regular bi-weekly conference call tomorrow from 2-3.  So I have to adjust my lunch and go from 12:30-1:30.  I need time in between to brush my teeth and clean my dishes. 

The one thing I like about these conference calls is, it essentially wastes an hour as I rarely ever talk or comment.  I can get other work done while they drone on about nothing. 

Washing hands:

Hot water or cold water?

Hot.  But I've heard and read that it doesn't matter and you get the same results with cold water.  The temperature required to actually kill germs is way hotter than one could stand and would scald the skin.  The end results of using either end of the spectrum were the same, no extra benefit or extra germs killed with hot water over cold water.

What's strange about all of that is health departments require that the water temperature get to a certain temperature in a certain amount of time in the bathroom and kitchen hand washing stations.  Only thing wife and I could think of was public perception of "hot water" being more beneficial than cold water or possibly that the hot water might break down the grime the germs are in faster than cold water (think of washing dishes).

I'm 8-5 with an hour lunch.  I always go at 1:00-2:00. Makes the afternoon shorter.

The department we support called a conference call at 2-3 today.  We have the regular bi-weekly conference call tomorrow from 2-3.  So I have to adjust my lunch and go from 12:30-1:30.  I need time in between to brush my teeth and clean my dishes. 

The one thing I like about these conference calls is, it essentially wastes an hour as I rarely ever talk or comment.  I can get other work done while they drone on about nothing. 

When I went into the office, I'd go at 11:15-11:30 for my hour lunch.  My friends hated it and called me Grandpa.  I did it to beat the lunch rush.  Walk right in, get my food.  If you waited until 12:00 or 1:00, some of those lines were ruthless.  I'm talking 15 people lined out the door at a Jersey Mikes, 20+ people lined out the door at a Salsarita's, etc.

I don't want to spend half of my lunch hour standing in line and then waiting to find a table.  Also, we had a lot around our office, but if you wanted some of the restaurants, it was a 10 min drive each way, so you already are down to 40 mins.  If you're in line 15-20 mins more, you have to speed eat.  

Hot. But I've heard and read that it doesn't matter and you get the same results with cold water. The temperature required to actually kill germs is way hotter than one could stand and would scald the skin. The end results of using either end of the spectrum were the same, no extra benefit or extra germs killed with hot water over cold water.

What's strange about all of that is health departments require that the water temperature get to a certain temperature in a certain amount of time in the bathroom and kitchen hand washing stations. Only thing wife and I could think of was public perception of "hot water" being more beneficial than cold water or possibly that the hot water might break down the grime the germs are in faster than cold water (think of washing dishes).

I always use hot water myself.

I wonder if that's why my hands are continually dry though. I know, it's winter and all, but I feel like I lotion up way too much. It's borderline gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I always use hot water myself.

I wonder if that's why my hands are continually dry though. I know, it's winter and all, but I feel like I lotion up way too much. It's borderline gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Yeah, the hot water dries out your hands along with the soap more so than cold/luke warm water will.  When I was posting a while back asking if anyone had dry skin under their beards and what to do.  

I researched it and there were tons of suggestions that said to use warm water or cold water cause hot will dry out the skin and also not to use standard soap.

Yeah, the hot water dries out your hands along with the soap more so than cold/luke warm water will.  When I was posting a while back asking if anyone had dry skin under their beards and what to do.  

I researched it and there were tons of suggestions that said to use warm water or cold water cause hot will dry out the skin and also not to use standard soap.

My skin dries out no matter what. That's why I keep the baby oil gel in the desk. My hands are big; I have to have them presentable at all times. lol

When I went into the office, I'd go at 11:15-11:30 for my hour lunch. My friends hated it and called me Grandpa. I did it to beat the lunch rush. Walk right in, get my food. If you waited until 12:00 or 1:00, some of those lines were ruthless. I'm talking 15 people lined out the door at a Jersey Mikes, 20+ people lined out the door at a Salsarita's, etc.

I don't want to spend half of my lunch hour standing in line and then waiting to find a table. Also, we had a lot around our office, but if you wanted some of the restaurants, it was a 10 min drive each way, so you already are down to 40 mins. If you're in line 15-20 mins more, you have to speed eat.

Mon-Thur I eat in the office. Fridays I go out and since I'm salaried, if I need an extra 10-15 minutes, I can make it up later if need be. Glad I don't punch a clock anymore, but I do have to attendance punch once a day at any time.

Most def, Taze. If the wife and I go out to lunch, we go at 10:30 lol

Also why we work so early, 6:15 - 2:45. Beat the rush hour to and from work everyday.

Did that in DC. Worked Mon-Thur 6:30-4:00 and Friday, 6:30-3:00. I worked a compressed schedule of 44 one week and 36 the next with every other Friday off to help with rush hour.

Most def, Taze. If the wife and I go out to lunch, we go at 10:30 lol

Also why we work so early, 6:15 - 2:45. Beat the rush hour to and from work everyday.

Damn, my man! So, what, does that mean you are posted up in Bob Evans for dinner at 3:30 with enough time to hit up bingo before bed?

Haha, but really, I would take the 6:15-2:45 sched if I could. I have same hours as PJ.  When I do snag lunch at 1 - it does make the rest of the afternoon go faster.

My gf is eating crackers in my room. Sits the box down and two seconds later, a ****ing mouse in the box

I ****ing hate mice and living in disgusting ass Philadelphia.

Now, I can't ****ing sleep and am thinking about torching my room. I'm completely disgusted

**** mice

I wouldnt kiss her for a few days, on the chance that she may have eaten some mouse ****. :unsure:

Washing hands:

Hot water or cold water?

Usually hot, to keep my skin from drying out

Damn, my man! So, what, does that mean you are posted up in Bob Evans for dinner at 3:30 with enough time to hit up bingo before bed?

meh, we're more Mahjong people. ;)

I wouldnt kiss her for a few days, on the chance that she may have eaten some mouse ****. :unsure:

200.gif

Archived