Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I just got back from Maui and it was around $4 there (except Costco which had it closer to $3.10). The funny thing is, we took a trip to an isolated part of the island and the lone gas station on that side (for more than 40 or so miles) was charging over $5 a gallon. Capitalism!

I was stunned when I filled up at home yesterday for $2.39 a gallon. It won't stay that low, but it was a lot easier on the wallet. 

**** tanking, i want a scenario where we can knock dallas out with a win in 2 weeks. 

That's really the only joy that can be derived from a losing team: causing other teams to fail.

I want to watch Dallas miss the playoffs again. I want that more than almost anything. I want every player, coach and trainer on that sideline to wear that oh-so familiar expression of disappointment when the clock strikes 0:00. Yes, that would mean Philadelphia would win the division. So what? We're out of the race. Rather them than Dallas. Rather anyone than Dallas.

I may not have the same enthusiasm for the Redskins, but my loathing for that damn blue star is as strong as ever.

On the firepit, keep a bucket of water nearby or a hose at the ready during dry weather. Don't use a bucket/tub. It's a waste of money & won't last long. Plus when it rains before you dump it, it's a freaking mess. Clear the bottom as others have suggested, toss in a bag of sand to cover the ground & build your fires. You'll probably find you don't need to clean it too often. Get starter cubes like these to start your fires. Yeah, it's cheating but you'll thank me when you don't use half of the daily newspaper to start your fires (that crap will cause ashes to fly in a million directions). Another option for fires starters are wine bottle corks: put in a glass jar, pour alcohol (rubbing, not drinking) over them & put the lid on the jar. Let them soak for a day before use. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-Safe-Starter-Squares-144-Square/dp/B00138MO16/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418677240&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=fier+starter+cubes

Now for a story:

My wife & I, and 2 other couples spent Saturday at Arlington National Cemetery. It was "Wreaths Across America" day where that organization has wreaths placed on almost every grave in Arlington. On our way back downtown, we took the Metro and got off at Farragut West (18th & I). From there we walked down to K Street to head back to our hotel. As we approached the corner of 16th & K, we heard some screaming from the other side of K Street. This was about 3:30-3:45pm. As we all looked across the street, there was a woman, about 30 years old, screaming at the top of her lungs: **** you, whitey. **** you. I hope you all ****ing die. **** you. I hate your white asses. Get the **** out of here. **** you...and on and on and on. She was at the Metro bus stand, with her ~4 year old in a stroller, screaming. As we got closer to the corner of 16th Street, she started walking towards the curb. It actually looked like she was headed across the street towards us. Then, the Metro bus arrived & she got on. The screaming went on for 2-3 minutes before she boarded.

We are all late 50s/early 60s years old. I couldn't believe it. All 6 of us were in shock. At first, I was mad, then I was a thinking about what I would have done if she actually crossed the street to confront us, and then, I was embarrassed: For anyone around who had to hear her, for my city, for any visitors who witnessed that, for her daughter. We all wondered what happened on that bus if anybody white was on it. 

I don't know. I grew up outside of the city but was born in DC, went to HS in NE DC, spent all of my young adult years hanging out in DC. I've seen some **** in my years there, but I've never experienced that in all my time I've spent in the city.  

Makes me sad. Not that it happened to us, but that she has so much hatred inside she had to act like that. Sad. 

I giggled, then hiccupped.

edit: they've gotten worse.

LOL  

My wife swears by the following technique:  Take 15 small sips of water/soda/etc. in rapid succession 

It works for me a lot of the time, if it doesn't, I pound a soda and inhale a bunch of air, the let out a mega belch, they never seem to start back up after that.

LOL  

My wife swears by the following technique:  Take 15 small sips of water/soda/etc. in rapid succession 

It works for me a lot of the time, if it doesn't, I pound a soda and inhale a bunch of air, the let out a mega belch, they never seem to start back up after that.

My mom the nurse is a "plug your ears, and your nose, and drink through a straw." It's worked since I was 13,...

and now they're gone.

It's a game of playing "try to disarm the brain"...once I concentrated on your post, the demons left my body. Thanks!

Alright, Mary, here's what I do, but it's hard to 'splain, I'll try. Hold or clog your nose so that absolutely no air can pass through it either direction. Take a very deep breath, all the way, so you can't inhale any more. Hold your breath with your nose tighty clogged. Open your mouth wide, and close it with a big air pocket trapped. Now squeeze the air down your lungs by closing your mouth tightly. Do it several times in succession to slightly "super inflate" your lungs. You'll feel them expand. Hold your breath like that until you feel a belch brewin. Belch.

I don't have a lemon, but threw lem juice on top of stroker's

TOOC  :lol:

I love that gifts you order online from Amazon can be gift wrapped for you. I am the absolute worst at wrapping gifts and pretty much everything arts and crafts related.

Gift bags are your friend dude.  I hate wrapping **** too.  Bout 10 years ago, after complaining about wrapping gifts, the wife said you can use some gift bags.  Well, I put all of her presents in gift bags, like 12 of them and didn't wrap one single one lol.  

She was kinda ticked, cause she likes to actually open a present.  Don't want me to abuse the new system, don't introduce me to it lol.

Archived