Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

just catching up from the last few pages, and all i want to say is if Kevin Sorbo and Stephen Baldwin are 'blacklisted' then so am I.

Haven't had an acting job in what seems like my whole life.

~Bang

25 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm trying to figure out what her specific beef is with Valerie Jarrett, of all people.  That just seemed random.

The right has a million conspiracy theories about Obama’s WH staff. Valerie Jarrett and Susan Rice seem to get the worst of it. 

I have my theories as to why.

I think that what the immediate firing suggests is that while the initial ratings were strong (they may have tailed off after the pilot) sponsors were wary of latching on to Roseanne. If she were a major cash cow they probably would have publicly rebuked and reprimanded her, but let the show continue especially after a pretty quick and nearly sincere sounding apology.

I suspect though that the money wasn't there and that because of that Roseanne was more trouble than she was worth. I have no data to back this up btw, it's just my gut feeling.

7 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Probably around a few dozen.

Not sure about how much lost. 

The actors will not likely be paid for re-runs because no one is probably going to pick up and pay for a series that is only 9 episodes that was cancelled for the reasons that it was. 

The number I saw was around 200.  You gotta figure all those people in the end credits lost their gig.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think that what the immediate firing suggests is that while the initial ratings were strong (they may have tailed off after the pilot) sponsors were wary of latching on to Roseanne. If she were a major cash cow they probably would have publicly rebuked and reprimanded her, but let the show continue especially after a pretty quick and nearly sincere sounding apology.

I suspect though that the money wasn't there and that because of that Roseanne was more trouble than she was worth. I have no data to back this up btw, it's just my gut feeling.

This sounds about right. 

26 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

This sounds about right. 

The other side of it is that Roseanne represented the company badly. There is a long history of monkey-related history when it comes to racism and anti-semitism and the statement was very ugly in the light of that. That said, I still think if we follow the lack of money we would see why the decision to cancel versus reprimand was made.

Additionally, Roseanne blaming Ambien for her Twitter comments lost Roseanne one more sponsor!

After apologizing multiple times, Roseanne has spent the past 12 hours retweeting and posting more fake garbage and all around vile things that are a staple of right wing social media:

She is a window into just how utterly insane the right has become.

Roseanne is crazy but her views aren't outside mainstream Republican belief. Sean Hannity delivers a new Deep State conspiracy nightly to 3 million viewers. The president says that Ted Cruz's father was involved with assassinating JFK. Global warming is a Chinese hoax. 

She may be mentally ill but that's not why she believes so much bull****. 

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The right has a million conspiracy theories about Obama’s WH staff. Valerie Jarrett and Susan Rice seem to get the worst of it. 

I have my theories as to why.

Hmm. What could it be? Just can't put my finger on it.

44 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Roseanne is crazy but her views aren't outside mainstream Republican belief. Sean Hannity delivers a new Deep State conspiracy nightly to 3 million viewers. The president says that Ted Cruz's father was involved with assassinating JFK. Global warming is a Chinese hoax. 

She may be mentally ill but that's not why she believes so much bull****. 

Ding ding ding, THAT is the issue right now. Its not that there are a few absolutely batcrap crazy powerful, famous people, but that there are MILLIONS in this country who legitimately BELIEVE this nonsense. That's how you get a loon like Trump elected.

Its the climax of the dumbification of America.

as somebody who works in Biotech....in Comms/Marketing..... I have NEVER seen something like this posted before. Only thing missing would be "While Ambien like Alcohol doesn't CAUSE racism. Your racism might become more apparent while taking the medication"

Archived