Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God Speed Kirk! Vikings did ok (Kirk Appreciation Thread) M.E.T.

bonesbr549

MOD DIRECTIVE 

Keep this a simple appreciation thread for a parting Redskin per the norm, no “regurgitated for the billionth time” bait-worthy posts.

If you feel like you need to say something snarky or whatever, just don’t. 

———————-

Thanks Kirk for being the best QB we’ve had here in decades, and being a major part of providing the team its strength in the passing game. 

52 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

He gave Gruden and Co time to build up the rest of the team. Definitely appreciate that. 

Me too.  I liked the way Kirk handled himself from the moment he came here in 2012 to his gracious farewell.  He deflected praise and took responsibility for mistakes.  Kirk made watching the Skins a lot more enjoyable for me these past 3 years because I always felt we had a chance to win with Kirk playing.

Kirk  was one of the best QBs we had but now he has gone to Minn. Alex is my QB now but thanks for your time here kirk with different coaches and coordinators and saga playing behind RG3 and of course loosing a good GM . Good luck .  84 mil for 3 yrs  wow you did it somehow Kirk. 

Thank you Kirk for being our best QB of the past 2 decades, and for at least keeping things respectable.

And thank you, more than anything else, for maybe helping move Bruce out the door a little quicker.  If you accomplish that, we will love you forever.

Well it's good to see that both parties could part ways on seemingly good terms.

At least on the surface.

Although we all know that that all changes on the football field. As each party would have extra motivation to win a game between these 2 teams.

That probably won't happen this season though, except for playoff possibilities.

Succeeding in the NFL is hard.  Succeeding as a 4th rounder is harder.  Succeeding as a 4th rounder with no running game and a bad defense is even harder. 

Doing it 3 years in a row, for this organization, without missing any games, while staying classy with this area's media was damn near impossible.

Good Luck Kirk.  Wish you the best except when you play the Redskins.

I'd like to thank Kirk for humbling me.  I was convinced you were nothing but a loser that couldn't get out of his own head.  You proved me wrong.  Now go prove BruceDoug wrong and show the world that you are 'that dude'.  Do us one last solid and make this divorce so embarrassing that Danny boy has no choice but to light Redskins Park on fire and start from scratch.

Probably one of the best QB's in this franchises history, and we somehow blew it and let him walk with no compensation except the 3rd in the compensatory draft next year.. Congrats front office, I'm not blaming them for not wanting to sign him for that money with the roster we have, but I do blame them for not building the roster to warrant paying that kinda money for him..

At least the Chargers had an excuse to let Brees walk.

3 of the best statistical seasons the team has had at qb.  Three more years and he's probably the franchise's all time passing leader.  I'm sad to see him go.  I'll be optimistic about Alex Smith moving forward, but will probably always wonder what if on Cousins.

Archived