Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God Speed Kirk! Vikings did ok (Kirk Appreciation Thread) M.E.T.

bonesbr549

Best of luck to you Kirk.  Was in Seattle to watch you play this past season on a cold miserable day that ended in glorious fashion.  Thanks for that.  Think you were a great dude and took pride that the Skins drafted you.  Appreciate your strong faith and character.  

Cant root for you as a player now but have huge respect for you.  

As solid a QB as D.C.'s had in my lifetime, I reckon. Had some of the best moments of the Snyder-era with him under center - from coming in from the bullpen to get that overtime win against the Ravens in 2012 to "You Like That" and the division title run in 2015. 

I wish Kirk nothing but the best going forward. If he's the one that can finally get the Vikings over the Super Bowl hump, I'll be as happy as can be for him and their fans. 

4 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi. Could someone please put the deal numbers up for me and wondering how much less we offered KC. Exactly how much we saved by letting KC go and getting AS? Thanks all.

Something like 87 mill over three years FULLY guaranteed.  Kirk’s good, but he’s not worth that 

Good luck. I appreciated your effort, professionalism and it was fun to cheer for you in the uni. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Something like 87 mill over three years FULLY guaranteed.  Kirk’s good, but he’s not worth that 

Kirk is a stand up guy. It's a lot of money, but maybe for once the good guy wins. 

I have no hard feelings. Careers are short and they have to make the money when they can. I feel our team helped him make that much money, so in a way we can (emotionally) share in his financial success. 

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Last warning here for everyone before penalties are meted out: 

MOD DIRECTIVE 

Keep this a simple appreciation thread for a parting Redskin per the norm, no “regurgitated for the billionth time” bait-worthy posts. 

If you feel like you need to say something snarky or whatever, just don’t. 

This is NOT a Kirk Cousins debate thread. I’ve already deleted a post from @hatchetwound today. If you’d still like to debate this topic, create a new thread in the ATN. Thanks. 

I really wanted him to sign a LTD here, he resurrected our passing game and I'm sorry that he's gone.

But I am in two minds about wishing him well. If he doesn't succeed with the Vikings then it kinda makes this whole mess a bit more palatable. I'm not usually so selfish and petty, but that's how I feel.

Never really said a proper Goodbye, don't know that he'll read this but I'll imagine that he does...

I am so sorry our Front Office didn't see fit to commit to you and make you feel or give you what you needed or wanted to feel at home and fully engaged. I only wish you well in the future as this game that WE fans are so passionate about is fleeting for players. I like the Vikings generally and will root for you and them to succeed, even if that means eating some crow about your performances here in D.C., I am a fan afterall of the Team with the most tormented fan bases known to mankind- apparently. 

Don't blame you one bit for how you played this out....anyone saying they would have chosen to do so differently would be kidding themselves, IMO.  

While I will make commentary both good and bad, I will not revel in every failure of you or your new team, in the long term and in general I wish you well.

Good Luck Kirk, may the Skol be with you and yours. 

8 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I am so sorry our Front Office didn't see fit to commit to you and make you feel or give you what you needed or wanted to feel at home and fully engaged.

Yeah, you probably could have left that part out lol...not sure if it violates the mod directive or anything, though.

As for me, I actually tweeted in response to Cousins back in January. No idea if he reads his responses or not but don't care lol...I said it to him directly and he read it and "lol'd" and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, you probably could have left that part out lol...not sure if it violates the mod directive or anything, though.

As for me, I actually tweeted in response to Cousins back in January. No idea if he reads his responses or not but don't care lol...I said it to him directly and he read it and "lol'd" and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll look for clarification and edit as needed, it's how I feel...

I guess I should have added two years ago???

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You can’t leave us with a cliffhanger.  What did you say that made him or his twitter handler ‘lol’?  It’s like he knew you.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can’t leave us with a cliffhanger.  What did you say that made him or his twitter handler ‘lol’?  It’s like he knew you.

Just that I would buy the shirts he was hawking if he signs a LTD with the Skins, but that seriously he should do what he feels is best for him and his wife and his kid and his dog, no hard feelings hope he is happy no matter where he ends up, unless it's with another NFC East team in which case he was dead to me lol...

qQXSah.gif

Hats off to the best QB on the skins in my lifetime.  I learned so much about QB statistics from defending him against he who shall not be named.  Can't wait to see how far he can go with a top defense.  It's going to be sad to see him in a different team's uniform.

Kirk - In the sea of **** that has been the Skins for most of the past 20 years you were a shining light.  It didn't work out exactly the way it could have, but you handled yourself well.  Sorry to see you go but good luck moving forward.  Take care.  

The tale of two quarterbacks...RG3 and Kirk Cousins.  Both drafted by the Redskins in 2012.  One was a Heisman Trophy winner and media darling with the 1,000 watt smile and colorful Super Hero socks...the other an obscured 4th round pick.  

One was heavily courted...wined and dined...with the team giving up a King’s ransome to move up to pick him number two in the draft.  The other was told that he was drafted as potential future trade bait.  One went on to electrify the NFL playing in an offense custom designed by Kyle Shanahan to utilize his athletic talents resulting in him winning Rookie of the Year.  The other got to start one game which he won only to have the owner brush past him without congratulating him just to check on his star.

One had the number one selling jersey, had the owner eat Thanksgiving with his family, had the owner lavish special privileges that other players never got such as allowing his helicopter father access to the locker room after games, inviting him to have dinner at his house, going bowling together and flying him down to Alabama in his private jet to have his damaged knee repaired.  

One bought a mansion in the most prestigious gated community in Loudoun County...Creighton Farms.  The other lived in a townhouse just up the road from Redskins Park that he rented from an ex-player, drove an old van he bought from his grandmother, and adopted and fostered abandoned dogs.

Both professed to be Christians and went to my church...Cornerstone Chapel in Leesburg...as well as also Colt McCoy.  Both Cousins and McCoy have spoken before the church.  Never saw RG3 given the opportunity.  The only memory I have is an Easter Sunday when it was sprinkling out and RG3 Sprinting for the tent so he wouldn’t get wet, leaving his wife way behind to fend for herself.   I have come across RG3 several times...once at Cobb 12 movie theater where he was surrounded by a group of high school girls...reveling in their attention while his wife was alone over to the side.  The same theater was just across the street from the bowling alley where Snyder and his BFF had their ‘date’.  Another time was at DC Prime Steakhouse in One Loudoun where RG3 came in with an entourage of about 8-10 people wearing a black sweat suit.

All of this is just to illustrate a contrast between the two men since one was ‘wanted’ the other wasn’t.  But here we are almost 6 years later and RG3 is out of the NFL probably for good and considered one of the biggest busts in NFL history while Cousins is one of the most coveted FA in the history of the NFL.  

The 4th round pick whom coaches such as Mike and Kyle Shanahan raved about, comparing him to Drew Brees and calling him a football junkie, whom numerous players like Santana Moss, Pierre Garçon, Von Miller, etc..have all stated had he the right stuff to play the game at an elite level has worked his way up to now becoming a pioneer and hero to other players who has also transformed the FA market for the future.

I wouldn’t say Cousins has reached the pinnacle of his profession because of his contract but he will soon when he stands on that stage holding the Lombardi Trophy while purple and gold confetti rains down on him from the rafters after winning a Super Bowl.  

In all the years I have followed the Redskins, I have had 3 players that I admired above all.  Larry Brown, the deaf RB that ran so hard and with such reckless abandoned that he represented to me the type of player who left everything on the field.  Russ Grimm, the captain and leader of the famed Hogs who was drafted third after his college teammate Mark Mays was taken in the first round, who represented the blue collar working man who overachieved.  The other was Art Monk, the quiet, dignified, and graceful athlete who was at the top of his profession but never needed to celebrate after every catch or touchdown.  

I will add Cousins now to that list since all four represent all that I admire in players...the type that I want my kids to aspired to imitate.   There is no higher tribute than this IMO.  

(Better?)

Archived