Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

I applaud a 22 year old for realizing after a hit to the head so bad he had to wear glasses, that maybe he should worry about more important things. Only thing is there are guys who could've had jobs (like to feed their family) who do not because of the timing of this.

That's unfair to players on the back end of the roster who won't be making millions of dollars. 

Either way, best to move on and just cut ties and be done with it. 

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I applaud a 22 year old for realizing after a hit to the head so bad he had to wear glasses, that maybe he should worry about more important things. Only thing is there are guys who could've had jobs (like to feed their family) who do not because of the timing of this.

That's unfair to players on the back end of the roster who won't be making millions of dollars. 

Either way, best to move on and just cut ties and be done with it. 

I can get this POV. The tough thing is the "quitting" thing. I was just raised that you  don't quit on people once you commit. This would have been an honorable decision in April. It was not really a good decision on final cuts day. In fairness, maybe he didn't know and his final injury was the nail in the coffin, but the way he went about this was just a little bit lousy.

He has the right and his health is more important than a paycheck or job, but it's still lousy.

All I can do is wish him the best . Whatever the reason for this and I hope it is nothing serious but when i heard he was coming back to the team this week i thought this was what he was going to do. If he walks away from football and his dreams then he walks away his decision.

For 2017 he is done - and who knows beyond that - but I imagine the MODS will want to close this for now.... 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I can get this POV. The tough thing is the "quitting" thing. I was just raised that you  don't quit on people once you commit. This would have been an honorable decision in April. It was not really a good decision on final cuts day. In fairness, maybe he didn't know and his final injury was the nail in the coffin, but the way he went about this was just a little bit lousy.

He has the right and his health is more important than a paycheck or job, but it's still lousy.

Exactly! He did some of the same stuff in college. If your heart isnt in it then you dont show up for the Combine and all of the other draft related stuff. He basically got drafted, faked a few injuries before finally getting hurt for real, and collected that "free money" from the Skins. Just Pathetic is the only word I can think of to describe him.

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yeah the timing is frustrating and disappointing. One question is was he ever a smart draft pick given he had a history of this at USC?

47 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Exactly! He did some of the same stuff in college. If your heart isnt in it then you dont show up for the Combine and all of the other draft related stuff. He basically got drafted, faked a few injuries before finally getting hurt for real, and collected that "free money" from the Skins. Just Pathetic is the only word I can think of to describe him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/retirement-would-cost-sua-cravens-more-than-1-million/.  If my understanding is correct basically cravens made 405 K last year plus signing bonus that he owes back over 1 million of it.  Basically he made 500K last year.  Umm yeah he wants to play more football.

21b.jpg

I defended him in the earlier thread and will continue to do so.  You just don't get to use that meme every day.  Anyway, the NFL isn' for everyone and it looks like he realized that early on.  I'm not sure how many posters here had all their **** together at age 22..... "well i wasn't getting paid millions and in the NFL..." yeah, save it. 

What's the alternative, having a guy on the roster half-assing and collecting a check?  

I hope the guy finds whatever makes him happy in life.  One should be so lucky.

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Yeah the timing is frustrating and disappointing but I can't fault a guy who has literally had his quality of life diminished from this game at age 22.

What are you referring to?  It can't possibly be the money that takes an average person decades to accumulate. 

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm assuming the front office has serious doubts about whether he's coming back because he actually wants to play, or if he's showing up because he wants to collect one last paycheck.  If it's the latter, he might do his disappearing act again where he gets a minor injury and then skips rehab / spends a few games playing ping pong in the locker room.  So they took the decision out of his hands.  I think it was probably the right move.

Archived