Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

8 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Not to mention this 2017 draft board was set up by Scot too and the team followed it to a T minus one player. 

So my vitriol is premature. 

Thanks for the check. 

I just don't like to judge draft classes after one year. Maybe I'm too positive and not negative or reaistic enough like others have said..

I have a pretty good friend that was a pretty good college WR. He got picked up by the Falcon's and was set to make the team. His father, who was also his little league coach, his high school coach and his best friend died suddenly while he was in training camp. It sent him on an emotional down spiral. His biggest pain was that his father would never see their dream become reality. As we got older, my friend came to realize that he loved football but not as much as his father watching him. I say all that to say, personal issues don't always have to do with the typical "personal" issues we all tend to assume. Not saying that Craven has anyone dear to him that has died or has gotten "bad news". I'm just sayin' let's not jump to the conclusion that Craven doesn't love football or that he's some sort of loser for leaving. If he comes back I'll welcome him back. If he doesn't, I'll continue rooting for the Redskins. Someday, someone will bring up "that guy that got drafted that could have been the next ST" And maybe I'll remember his name. Or he'll come back, play lights out and be on a future 30 for 30.  

We'll see....

9 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Not to mention the fact that he came into a situation that was not going to be 'fixed' in 2 drafts.  Walking into this situation you are more inclined to take chances on difference makers, then you would be to select a 'guy' who could be middle of the pack, but last 10 years.  I dont blame him for swingin for the fences in the early rounds of the drafts.  Game breakers can be risky.  Cris Carter almost ended up being one of the biggest let downs in sports.  Scot had to make a splash, had to take some chances, had to take some guys that had a great amount of upside with them. 

why would you be more inclined to do that?  Do you work on the pool while the roof has holes in it and the foundation is cracked?

6 hours ago, I Love The Skins said:

I just don't like to judge draft classes after one year. Maybe I'm too positive and not negative or reaistic enough like others have said..

we're down to three out of seven on the team with Cravens gone though

6 hours ago, carex said:

why would you be more inclined to do that?  Do you work on the pool while the roof has holes in it and the foundation is cracked?

we're down to three out of seven on the team with Cravens gone though

Because this team was void of difference makers.  Looking at potential upside vs longevity.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure it really matters if he suits up anymore. He has every right to consider retiring for health reasons, but IMO once that possibility is being seriously considered by a football player that young I don't really think his heart is truly going to be in it anymore even if he does decide not to retire and suits up again. 

I think this Cravens situation is a great example (of many) on why this franchise is so incredibly bad.  We draft a player that on paper is highly rated.  Our wonderful scouting department, coaching staff and front office deems him worthy of the 53rd overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft.  He has a decent rookie season then decides to retire at the age of 22.  Who the hell scouted and interviewed this guy?  Another stellar draft pick by the Washington Redskins.

36 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I think this Cravens situation is a great example (of many) on why this franchise is so incredibly bad.  We draft a player that on paper is highly rated.  Our wonderful scouting department, coaching staff and front office deems him worthy of the 53rd overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft.  He has a decent rookie season then decides to retire at the age of 22.  Who the hell scouted and interviewed this guy?  Another stellar draft pick by the Washington Redskins.

Our first pick from that year apparently decides on whether or not to play based on if he sees his own shadow!

Feel like we could have used an athletic hybrid type to blitz and actually finish the tackle Sunday and also float around the field on the breakdown plays to cover guys for extended periods. 

I wonder how the coffee bar was Sunday while he was reading a self improvement book. 

I hope he never puts a Redskins uniform back on in his life. Phony from jump street, and to cite ST's name is a insult to the franchise. Please just release him

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm shocked that nobody has been able to dig up any details to this point.  I was fully expecting a juicy article Sunday morning and was left with the piece about McCloughan. 

Its easy to understand why if you think about it. The media would rather use this to take another shot at the Skins and frame it as another bungle, instead of look deeper into what is wrong with this dude

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Its easy to understand why if you think about it. The media would rather use this to take another shot at the Skins and frame it as another bungle, instead of look deeper into what is wrong with this dude

That's a bit deep.  I get the impression they've got nothing to go on or it would be in print.  I haven't seen anything really negative in regards to the teams handling of the scenario outside of psosts on here.

31 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

My initial hot take was that maybe he had some issues with a banned substance in his body and this was the teams way of "covering for him" until he got it out of his system.  Giving him a month to "collect himself" before he made a return.  I have absolutely no facts to base that idea on though.

If the Redskins got caught doing that, that would be the mother of "OMG" moments.

Lol...We would get the death penalty NFL style.

6 minutes ago, DM72 said:

If the Redskins got caught doing that, that would be the mother of "OMG" moments.

yeah, i don't really believe it anymore after seeing the rest of the story develop, but initially it just seemed so weird considering how much he always talked up his love of football

47 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

My initial hot take was that maybe he had some issues with a banned substance in his body and this was the teams way of "covering for him" until he got it out of his system.  Giving him a month to "collect himself" before he made a return.  I have absolutely no facts to base that idea on though.

So the Skins self imposed a 4 game "suspension" instead of the league catching him with an illegal substance in his system and imposing a 4 game suspension.  

18 minutes ago, DM72 said:

If this death penalty would result in a Donald Sterling-type forced team sale, I'm all for it.

Archived